Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Dior Homme Intense DHI 2020 shocker!

I have my first bottle arriving today. All the hype around DHI got to me. I ordered it from Fragrance X, which showed the old bottle. Honestly I hope I get the "new" fragrance (assuming this is a real thing). If it's fresher and more wearable year round, that's a good thing since I live in Texas. But I won't know the difference since I've never smelled DHI.

This thread added an extra level of mystery and excitement to blind buying DHI!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    I don't recall saying anything in this thread to the effect of what's going on being "wrong", so don't put words in my mouth.
    but yes the usual suspects on the Bay have this outrageously marked up
    I guess outrageous means you're agreeable to the pricing?

Not a shock and older DHI testers are already $140-$280 on the bay, so this one is "unicorning" fast.
    I see a 2016 tester for $100 from a 100% feedback seller.

Capture.jpg

If you werent drumming up drama with your eBay pricing comments, what were you doing?
    Those prices you quoted arent even close to whats lowest price available for testers.
    People can price their products how they want and if they're worth what they're listed for, they sell according to demand.
    If its too high, it sits until it matches demand pricing.
    The free market (eBay) price bashing shtick you do is getting old, you do it a lot.
    This is a LUXURY hobby, the finer things in life can be pricey.

-------------------------

Back to the topic.

To the OP, Thechoosen: This kind of post happens every year with DHI, people buy a new bottle, it smells different to them because the old bottle they used macerated with air for longer and they get adjusted to the smell, they have a fresh bottle, less macerated and pump the first few sprays which have been sitting in a plastic tube for months with air and make a judgement. My advice, let it mellow just like your last one and you'll be fine. Assuming formula codes hold water, you're fine. Let some air get it the bottle with use and things will work out.

On top of that, if it makes you feel any better, I have bottles from 2013, 2015, 2018, 2019 and I dont smell much of a difference between all of them.
    I think its one of those fragrances that change slightly with use.
    My opinions in weblog form: FragranceReviewer.com
    Fragrance Sales: eBay Store | Basenotes
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMav View Post

Capture.jpg

If you werent drumming up drama with your eBay pricing comments, what were you doing?
    Those prices you quoted arent even close to whats lowest price available for testers.
    People can price their products how they want and if they're worth what they're listed for, they sell according to demand.
    The free market (eBay) price bashing shtick you do is getting old, you do it a lot.

Back to the topic.

To the OP, Thechoosen: This kind of post happens every year with DHI, people buy a new bottle, it smells different to them because the old bottle they used macerated with air for longer and they get adjusted to the smell, they have a fresh bottle, less macerated and pump the first few sprays which have been sitting in a plastic tube for months with air and make a judgement. My advice, let it mellow just like your last one and you'll be fine. Assuming formula codes hold water, you're fine. Let some air get it the bottle with use and things will work out.

On top of that, if it makes you feel any better, I have bottles from 2013, 2015, 2018, 2019 and I dont smell much of a difference between all of them.
    A sensible post!

Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Let the bottle open up for a few weeks or a month or two and return to it. The possibility of it needing to breath exists wait and see all you can do. If that fails search eBay for more of pre 2020 DHI, or online discounters and write them emails plenty exist just need to find it pain in the butt but worth it.
    Good advise!

Fellow Basenoters: It may come across as being overdramatic, but this is my signature scent, hence its a big deal to me. Im sure you all understand

Quote Originally Posted by Thechoosen View Post
    Good advise!

Fellow Basenoters: It may come across as being overdramatic, but this is my signature scent, hence its a big deal to me. Im sure you all understand
    I fully understand.

It's the same discussion as always. Some say it smells different, some say it doesn't.
    So if you smell the difference - even with proper A/B blind testing - then you have your answer.

And talking about cocoa notes.. I really like those bars of chocolate, the one with 61% and the one with 74% cocoa: https://www.ritter-sport.de/blog/201.../kakao-klasse/
    Bought different "batches" of each (different best before dates) and guess what?
    They don't taste the same.

And I'm sure it's the same recipe, no "reformulation" whatsoever.

Classics for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Thechoosen View Post
    Good advise!

Have you tried Guerlain L’Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme EDP? I only ask because even while different fragrances I found a lot to love in the Guerlain and prefer it to the Dior. It’s well blended and has a excellent blend of sweet cocoa among other things.
    Current Top 5

Azzaro Azzaro Pour Homme
    Ralph Lauren Polo
    Guerlain Heritage EDT
    Chanel Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Homme
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Capture.jpg

This is a LUXURY hobby, the finer things in life can be pricey
    No, I'm not agreeable to these prices and I'm allowed to express that when I want, as often as I want, regardless of whether you like it or not. That's how opinions work and I have no need to justify why I have one or how often I express it. Again, if this displeases you, block me. We don't need to be speaking to each other if we have fundamental differences between us.

People can price things how they want just as I can complain about them freely. Funny how that works huh? You don't have to like it and you don't have to like me for it either, but that's your problem once I hit the ignore button on you anyway. I'm tired of petty squabbling and ad hominen BS. Also, all hobbies are a luxury because they require a surplus of time and means to indulge in them. There are more expensive things financially to collect or enjoy than fragrances.

I still fail to see the reason for this attack. Saying you don't agree would have been sufficient, but you made it personal, and I'm thankfully not qualified to unpack or analyze all that implies. I'm done dealing with you. Bye now.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

Community Manager

No, I'm not agreeable to these prices and I'm allowed to express that when I want, as often as I want, regardless of whether you like it or not. That's how opinions work and I have no need to justify why I have one or how often I express it. Again, if this displeases you, block me. We don't need to be speaking to each other if we have fundamental differences between us.
    I agree, and I think you two should not interact with each other for a good while.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.
    Currently wearing: Sunday by Arielle Shoshana

Capture.jpg

Back to the topic.

But you dont have the 2020 yet. Im intrested in your opinion if you ever get to buy it.

Have you tried Guerlain L’Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme EDP? I only ask because even while different fragrances I found a lot to love in the Guerlain and prefer it to the Dior. It’s well blended and has a excellent blend of sweet cocoa among other things.
    Sure have! ( pre reformulation). I like the lidge more ( which is discontinued). But this is a whole different topic all together.

This is on sale here untill tomorrow big bottle for 66 euro damn it's a steal..

So what's the formula number on the latest 2020 DHI bottles ? Have that changed ?

Quote Originally Posted by joov84 View Post
    So what's the formula number on the latest 2020 DHI bottles ? Have that changed ?
    10950/A. Same formula since 2017.

Edit: check out post #15. The information is already there.

Using Tapatalk

Let the bottle open up for a few weeks or a month or two and return to it. The possibility of it needing to breath exists wait and see all you can do. If that fails search eBay for more of pre 2020 DHI, or online discounters and write them emails plenty exist just need to find it pain in the butt but worth it.
    After 2 n a half months and a bottle that emptied itself far faster than normal, I can say the scent didnt open up and is a let down for me. Ill find an old bottle 1 way or the other.

Classics for the win.

I plan to buy a 2020 DHI later this year and am not too worried, many reviews say not much if anything has changed and performance is still excellent. I will get a sniff later this year I miss this one always was a stand out fragrance and a joy to wear.
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren