Code of Conduct

Default Chanel AHS but better?

Before you say Versace PH, I already own and love it. Chanel AHS and VPH are my favorite scents. I saw that Chanel AHSEE was “original AHS with better performance” so I blind buy. Guys this is NOT AHS to the extreme. I get more of Amouage Reflection man/Le Male vibe from it. Is this right or am I just crazy? Basically I want Chanel AHS on crack or something similar to VPH and CAHS mixed, bc AHSEE is something else. It is very pleasant don’t get me wrong, it’s just not what I thought. So does anyone have any recommendations? I’m looking for a very very good performing cologne that lasts hours and smells great and similar to my 2 favorites. THANK YOU TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE WHO TOOK THEIR TIME TO ANSWER MY QUESTION!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Chanel AHS but better?

Quote Originally Posted by smcbee15 View Post
    Is this right or am I just crazy?
    You're not crazy as everyone perceives scents differently, but I do find it as a more intense version of the original.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Maybe Xerjoff Uden.

This thread might have good leads:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/404...od-performance!

Basenotes Plus

Have you smelled Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP? Imo it’s a nicer fresh smelling Chanel than AHS performance is not bad either especially when applied to clothing. The closest would be Versace Pour Homme, I had a 2019 bottle and performance with 5 sprays was excellent still very strong and smelled excellent.
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Hard. To me AHS already has excellent performance for the kind of fragrance it is. Bvlgari Aqva reminds me of it. Better performance? You will have to try it.
    PS: I wouldn’t recommend you to blind buy. Who told you AHSEB is similar to AHS was completely nuts. As you can find my recom crazy.
    You’d better decant AHS to a mini flask and reaply it during the day. When I was in college and spent my whole day (sometimes nights) out of home I used to carry my bottles in my backpack and reaply the ones with poor performance in the launch time. It was nice, like taking a shower. Ok, a French shower, but still a shower. lol
    "True change is within; leave the outside as it is."
    Dalai Lama

I have not, and I was expecting great performance out of this CAHSEE based on multiple reviews, but I feel as though mine is gone before 4 hours.. 2019 batch

Basenotes Plus

I have not, and I was expecting great performance out of this CAHSEE based on multiple reviews, but I feel as though mine is gone before 4 hours.. 2019 batch
    I had a 2018 bottle of Extreme and wasn’t impressed with performance either wasn’t getting the performance talked about, AHS definitely out performs the Extreme even today it’s strong stuff.
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Dependent

Chanel AHSEE has the same DNA as AHS, but with a twist and stronger, the only notes that are similar to Reflection Man are Sandalwood and Cedarwood, maybe that's why you see a similarity, but they are not.

While seconding AHSEE, also adding Lalique White, Best of Chevignon and Acca Kappa Muschio Bianco for some possible (re) testing
    Currently wearing: Marbert Homme by Marbert

Can not WAIT for the quarantine to be over so I can go spend an hour at the mall testing 90 different fragrances ��

Varvatos Artisan Blu. My wardrobe lacks fresh scents for the warmer months so I picked this one up recently for my birthday back in March. As I wear it it reminds me of AHS which I had when that first launched. I also find the longevity of Artisan Blu to be good for what it is. I can smell it hours later and on my shirt the next day. I don't wear fragrance as much these days and when I do I go easy on the sprayer. I think many over do it and snuff out their sense of smell.
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

My answer is Creed Aventus Cologne. It's basically a blend of Aventus (minus smoke) and AHS. I think this every time I wear it. Pricey? Oh yeah.

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Have you smelled Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP? Imo it’s a nicer fresh smelling Chanel than AHS performance is not bad either especially when applied to clothing. The closest would be Versace Pour Homme, I had a 2019 bottle and performance with 5 sprays was excellent still very strong and smelled excellent.
    Agree Allure Homme Edition Blanche is a much better choice.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Before you say Versace PH, I already own and love it. Chanel AHS and VPH are my favorite scents. I saw that Chanel AHSEE was “original AHS with better performance” so I blind buy. Guys this is NOT AHS to the extreme. I get more of Amouage Reflection man/Le Male vibe from it. Is this right or am I just crazy? Basically I want Chanel AHS on crack or something similar to VPH and CAHS mixed, bc AHSEE is something else. It is very pleasant don’t get me wrong, it’s just not what I thought. So does anyone have any recommendations? I’m looking for a very very good performing cologne that lasts hours and smells great and similar to my 2 favorites. THANK YOU TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE WHO TOOK THEIR TIME TO ANSWER MY QUESTION!
    Have you considered something like MFK’s Amyris Homme? It’s superb in EdT form or for something really extreme, try the newest Extrait version.
    Currently wearing: Sélection Verte by Creed

AHSEE always gave me the feeling that the Extreme part was related to the tonka bean dose which is even way heavier than normal AHS and not that it is a stronger fragrance overall, which it is indeed not, like already has been said.
    My Top '11':

- Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Antaeus (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Armani: AdG Profumo
    - Jacques Bogart: Furyo
    - Guerlain: Héritage (vtg)
    - Thierry Mugler: A*men
    - SA: Al Basel
    - D&G: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - YSL: Kouros (vtg)
    - VC&A: Pour Homme

Here stores have finally opened.
    Unfortunately testing is no longer allowed.
    No touching and spraying and most products-stands are covered in cellophane. It looks something like a house being painted where you don't want paint to get on your furniture.
    Very strange experience.

Creed Aventus Cologne.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    Creed Aventus Cologne.
    Yes agree. Creed managed to filter out the slight chemical smell in AHS to make it smell very natural.
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator
    Currently wearing: Aventus Cologne by Creed