Code of Conduct

Default Post Count Has Frozen

I don't know if this has affected anybody else but my post count has frozen on 13,181 for at least two weeks - it may be for months, I haven't checked

It's trivial, I know but it would be nice if it could be accurate

Default Re: Post Count Has Frozen

It's started to increase now

Thanks very much

Spoke too soon -- it's frozen again

I'm not bumping btw

Basenotes Plus

Did you notice whether your overall post count had gone down when it froze, Kaern? That's what happened to most folks whose count got jiggered. I notice that Bavard's and kbe's have never been restored to original count, and they lost many thousands.

No, I survived that culling first time around, Cook,bot. but it may have happened this time. My post count went up by two on Friday 7th and then froze again.

It may be nothing and not connected but I think my 'Profile' visitors leapt up quite dramatically recently (maybe 5000 or so) -- I don't think I have suddenly become popular.

My count is moving up again --- I feel I need to keep everyone informed

This, probably the most boring thread ever, is pushing 5500 hits. Hey fellas, I'm not crowdfunding

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    This, probably the most boring thread ever, is pushing 5500 hits. Hey fellas, I'm not crowdfunding
    That's hilarious, and now it's at almost 6,000. I wonder if it's popping up in Google when people search for the Disney movie 'Frozen'?

Banned

Pardon my ignorance, but it's unclear to me why the post count is important. Does that give different levels of privileges/benefits on the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    That's hilarious, and now it's at almost 6,000. I wonder if it's popping up in Google when people search for the Disney movie 'Frozen'?
    Ha Ha -- it could be. You have 3 sixes in your count. You need to post something quick!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but it's unclear to me why the post count is important. Does that give different levels of privileges/benefits on the forum?
    It's not important at all - no extra benefits. I just happened to notice that mine and a lot of other contributors postcounts weren't moving forward.

It's called pedantry I think