Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

Quote Originally Posted by jcastano View Post
    Update for everyone:
    So USPS could not recover the package. I had two supervisors come to my house and question me about the contents of the package citing they would try to recover it as best they can . They had to get law-enforcement involved since the residents of the house refuse to give up the package . The police ended up drug raiding in the house after they had probable cause of drugs and sure enough they were correct. So I basically lost out on the package. Fortunately, eBay refunded my purchase price but I ended up losing my bottle of Armani eau de nuit. Those cretins are in jail now and I hope they rot.
    Whoa. That’s wild. Sorry you didn’t get the package but glad you got your money back and that USPS took the steps they did. It sounds like they did all they could.
    Currently wearing: Carven Le Parfum by Carven

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by jcastano View Post
    Update for everyone:
    So USPS could not recover the package. I had two supervisors come to my house and question me about the contents of the package citing they would try to recover it as best they can . They had to get law-enforcement involved since the residents of the house refuse to give up the package . The police ended up drug raiding in the house after they had probable cause of drugs and sure enough they were correct. So I basically lost out on the package. Fortunately, eBay refunded my purchase price but I ended up losing my bottle of Armani eau de nuit. Those cretins are in jail now and I hope they rot.
    Nice neighbors you have.
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

So sorry to hear about this, glad to hear that you were refunded though eBay.
    Currently wearing: Spice and Wood by Creed

Im wondering, they couldnt get in trouble for returning the package, even though it was usps fault? I guess they could just say someone stole it off their porch

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

What a wild finale!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Happened to me today. Tracking on both of my packages said delivered but when I went to the mailboxes, nothing was there. I happened to notice that one of the package boxes had a key in it and I opened it and there my 2 packages were. So they obviously put the key in someone else’s mailbox and thank god that person left them there.

Banned

[QUOTE=jcastano;4915186Fortunately, eBay refunded my purchase price but I ended up losing my bottle of Armani eau de nuit. [/QUOTE]

That's why we pay the extra ebay cost for. Glad it worked for you.

I've sent a bottle to swap abroad nearly 2.5 months ago in First Class package, no news of the package. I filed a claim, but apparently there is only insurance for Priority Mail, not First Class mail...
    Tracking number stated that it arrived at the airport, then nothing. My reasonable guess is that it has been stolen, by someone taking advantage of the covid mess.