Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 37
  1. #1

    Default USPS Misdelivered package

    Hello all,

    USPS misdelivered a bottle I purchased off eBay. I received a notification that my bottle was delivered but there was nothing in sight. I went down to my local post office and they advised me the gps tracking showed they delivered it to the wrong address. They tried to retrieve the package from the other residence and they didn’t answer the door. All this occurred yesterday. I went to the post office today and they said they’d try again today. I asked what would happen they could not retrieve the package and they basically told me they’d give me a slip that I can show to a seller so I can get another. WTH? That’s their answer? Do any of you know if usps would qualify me for a refund if I file a claim? I doubt the person would give anything back since my neighborhood is full of ghetto trash. I’ve already lost 3 other packages in the span of 10 years and no one ever returned them to me. I doubt they’ll return this one. Any advice?
    Last edited by jcastano; 15th May 2020 at 06:49 PM.

  2. #2
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    356

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    Quote Originally Posted by jcastano View Post
    Hello all,

    USPS misdelivered a bottle I purchased off eBay. I received a notification that my bottle was delivered but there was nothing is sight. I went down to my local post office and they advised me the gps tracking showed they delivered it to the wrong address. They tried to retrieve the package from the other residence and they didn’t answer the door. All this occurred yesterday. I went to the post office today and they said they’d try again today. I asked what would happen they could not retrieve the package and they basically told me they’d give me a slip that I can show to a seller so I can get another. WTH? That’s their answer? Do any of you know if usps would qualify me for a refund if I file a claim? I doubt the person would give anything back since my neighborhood is full of ghetto trash. I’ve already lost 3 other packages in the span of 10 years and no one ever returned them to me. I doubt they’ll return this one. Any advise?
    Did you have insurance or buyer protection on it as in the feature that PayPal has for this sort of instance? You can also dispute the issue with your bank and show them the slip to make disputing the charge easily reversed.

    I would recommend getting a P.O. Box to make sure this doesn’t happen in the future. I’m sorry about your loss friend!

  3. #3

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    I've had this happen before, and the postal service was eventually able to retrieve the package. Give them some more time to work on it.

    If a claim needs to be filed, it has to be done by the seller/sender. They should easily win the claim given the post office already admitted responsibility for the mistake.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Big list of niche splits.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

  4. #4
    Dependent
    techt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    South Lake Tahoe
    Posts
    5,888

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    This happened to me a couple weeks ago with FedEx, they are the worst shipping company in my opinion, they take the longest, luckily when I got notification that my package had been delivered and saw nothing outside my front door, I went walking around the neighborhood and found it on my neighbors front door, two houses from mine.
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

  5. #5

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    Quote Originally Posted by jcastano View Post
    Hello all,

    USPS misdelivered a bottle I purchased off eBay. I received a notification that my bottle was delivered but there was nothing is sight. I went down to my local post office and they advised me the gps tracking showed they delivered it to the wrong address. They tried to retrieve the package from the other residence and they didn’t answer the door. All this occurred yesterday. I went to the post office today and they said they’d try again today. I asked what would happen they could not retrieve the package and they basically told me they’d give me a slip that I can show to a seller so I can get another. WTH? That’s their answer? Do any of you know if usps would qualify me for a refund if I file a claim? I doubt the person would give anything back since my neighborhood is full of ghetto trash. I’ve already lost 3 other packages in the span of 10 years and no one ever returned them to me. I doubt they’ll return this one. Any advise?

    USPS has the ability to pinpoint exactly where (exactly which house the package was delivered too, assuming it had tracking). The carriers will scan the package right before dropping it off, wether it be in mailbox, front door, garage, etc. Ask for the local Postmaster at your local PO and ask for a detailed location of where the package was scanned at. I was a former usps employee and this can be done! This should qualify for a claim if package cannot be located or returned form wrong location. Hope this helps.

  6. #6

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    Quote Originally Posted by techt View Post
    This happened to me a couple weeks ago with FedEx, they are the worst shipping company in my opinion, they take the longest, luckily when I got notification that my package had been delivered and saw nothing outside my front door, I went walking around the neighborhood and found it on my neighbors front door, two houses from mine.
    This has been my experience with FedEx every. single. time. I have resorted to having my packages sent to my elderly parents' house instead.
    How do you know what a French whorehouse smells like?

  7. #7

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    USPS has done this twice to me now in the last month or so, got a new mail person and theyve been pretty wild with what houses get what mail. Luckily both times they were able to locate it for me. The one time i had to open a claim online and it took 3-4 days until it was found. Fedex has also done this to me but when it happened i could see that i got the package for the guy across the street and i could see my packages sitting on his door step so i simply walked over there and swapped them.

  8. #8

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    USPS has the ability to pinpoint exactly where (exactly which house the package was delivered too, assuming it had tracking). The carriers will scan the package right before dropping it off, wether it be in mailbox, front door, garage, etc. Ask for the local Postmaster at your local PO and ask for a detailed location of where the package was scanned at. I was a former usps employee and this can be done! This should qualify for a claim if package cannot be located or returned form wrong location. Hope this helps.
    thanks for your reply! Yeah, I spoke to them and they knew exactly where they left it, however, they refused to give me the information in fear that I might retaliate or start problems. They tried to retrieve the package yesterday but no one answered, so the post office master stated they were going to personally go down today and try to get the package. We shall see.

  9. #9
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    316,506

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    Quote Originally Posted by jcastano View Post
    Hello all,

    USPS misdelivered a bottle I purchased off eBay. I received a notification that my bottle was delivered but there was nothing in sight. I went down to my local post office and they advised me the gps tracking showed they delivered it to the wrong address. They tried to retrieve the package from the other residence and they didn’t answer the door. All this occurred yesterday. I went to the post office today and they said they’d try again today. I asked what would happen they could not retrieve the package and they basically told me they’d give me a slip that I can show to a seller so I can get another. WTH? That’s their answer? Do any of you know if usps would qualify me for a refund if I file a claim? I doubt the person would give anything back since my neighborhood is full of ghetto trash. I’ve already lost 3 other packages in the span of 10 years and no one ever returned them to me. I doubt they’ll return this one. Any advice?
    File a claim. The USPS admitted they delivered to the wrong address. It's their fault.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  10. #10

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    Quote Originally Posted by jcastano View Post
    thanks for your reply! Yeah, I spoke to them and they knew exactly where they left it, however, they refused to give me the information in fear that I might retaliate or start problems. They tried to retrieve the package yesterday but no one answered, so the post office master stated they were going to personally go down today and try to get the package. We shall see.
    Your welcome and best of luck and glad they know where it's at, hopefully it's still boxed and undisturbed, if not then they opened mail that clearly didn't belong to them and could face mail theft charges, but hopefully you get the package today.

  11. #11
    Basenotes Institution rynegne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    16,077

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    If the post office is admitting fault, should it not be covered by their own insurance policy? That's ridiculous...but I'm not surprised. Also, if they're keeping mail that isn't theirs...it's illegal and the post office should know how to proceed with that...police report etc. The seller is not responsible once the package is delivered.
    MadHat Scents

    Oud Gulab - Ruh Gulab, Taif Rose, Ambergris, Tobacco and Thai Oud

  12. #12

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    I don't suppose theres ANY chance that the person who got the package would just return it to you? Bring it over to you, at your address, written on the package?? Ghetto or not, there are plenty of good, honest people out there.

    My mail person frequently delivers stuff to my next door neighbor. It is annoying as heck that they don't bring it over RIGHT AWAY but they always bring it over and put it in our mailbox or on our front deck eventually - usually like a week after it got delivered they get around to it
    Currently wearing: Epic Man by Amouage

  13. #13

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    I do feel this is a slight over-reaction. Packages go missing. First, be patient, let USPS do their job.

    If they can't retrieve the package you follow the rules. If you aren't certain of the procedure, contact ebay, ask questions if necessary, and do as they say. You may not end up with what you bought, expectations may not be met, but you won't lose money.

    3 lost packages in ten years sounds like pretty good going. It's not like the doctor said you'll be dead in six months. Its a bottle of perfume.

  14. #14
    Basenotes Plus
    KBF1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,548

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    USPS has really been messing up lately. I’m about to just ship via UPS from now on

  15. #15

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    Sorry to hear about these problems with you delivery. It also makes me nervous as I sent a package that should have been delivered by now but it is "still in transit". It's so weird how a package can take a couple of days to travel a thousand miles and then take a week to travel between 50 and 70 miles and still not be at the destination. Unfortunately shipping right now seems to be pretty messed up.
    Currently wearing: Fjerne by Slumberhouse

  16. #16
    I’m not old: I’m vintage.
    PStoller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,385

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    Quote Originally Posted by Scent Detective View Post
    Sorry to hear about these problems with you delivery. It also makes me nervous as I sent a package that should have been delivered by now but it is "still in transit". It's so weird how a package can take a couple of days to travel a thousand miles and then take a week to travel between 50 and 70 miles and still not be at the destination. Unfortunately shipping right now seems to be pretty messed up.
    Generally speaking, I find all the delivery services are doing a fine job. I get a lot of deliveries via USPS, UPS, and FedEx, and I'm happy with all of them. All my local carriers are good people, working their behinds off under trying circumstances.

    That said, I have one package I sold on eBay that I shipped out via USPS over a month ago that's still sitting in the network distribution center in Jersey City. I finally had to refund the buyer's money. I had another package—one of my BN giveaways—that took over a month, though it did finally arrive. Same distribution center.

    The problems are due to the severe impact of the coronavirus on NJ (and some other major distribution center areas). These centers are now severely understaffed, in part because the employees have been under-protected. I'm not happy about being out the money, but when people are essentially risking their lives to deliver a bottle of perfume, I'm inclined to cut them quite a bit of slack.
    Currently wearing: Devin by Aramis

  17. #17

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    Did you have insurance or buyer protection on it as in the feature that PayPal has for this sort of instance? You can also dispute the issue with your bank and show them the slip to make disputing the charge easily reversed.

    I would recommend getting a P.O. Box to make sure this doesn’t happen in the future. I’m sorry about your loss friend!
    I appreciate it! I used my card on file with eBay and did not use PayPal. I’m definitely going to look into a P.O. Box. It sounds practical to avoid these types of issues.

  18. #18

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    Quote Originally Posted by strifeknot View Post
    I've had this happen before, and the postal service was eventually able to retrieve the package. Give them some more time to work on it.

    If a claim needs to be filed, it has to be done by the seller/sender. They should easily win the claim given the post office already admitted responsibility for the mistake.
    They didn’t pull through today, so I had to call them and they requested I can tomorrow morning for an update. I figure I’ll give it until Monday before I file a claim or inform the seller of this ordeal.

  19. #19

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    Quote Originally Posted by techt View Post
    This happened to me a couple weeks ago with FedEx, they are the worst shipping company in my opinion, they take the longest, luckily when I got notification that my package had been delivered and saw nothing outside my front door, I went walking around the neighborhood and found it on my neighbors front door, two houses from mine.
    Omg that’s awful! I’m glad you were able to retrieve it! Funny, I’ve only had issues with usps.
    FedEx and UPS have luckily been consistent for me (knock on wood).

  20. #20

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    Quote Originally Posted by avo1811 View Post
    USPS has done this twice to me now in the last month or so, got a new mail person and theyve been pretty wild with what houses get what mail. Luckily both times they were able to locate it for me. The one time i had to open a claim online and it took 3-4 days until it was found. Fedex has also done this to me but when it happened i could see that i got the package for the guy across the street and i could see my packages sitting on his door step so i simply walked over there and swapped them.
    I imagine this covid madness has really put a strain on deliveries with the different entities. I’m glad you got your goods. I hope the same occurs for me. I’ve lost previous packages and lost out on money unfortunately.

  21. #21

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    File a claim. The USPS admitted they delivered to the wrong address. It's their fault.
    Hopefully it’s that easy and usps doesn’t try to pull a fast one. They’re awful.

  22. #22

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    If the post office is admitting fault, should it not be covered by their own insurance policy? That's ridiculous...but I'm not surprised. Also, if they're keeping mail that isn't theirs...it's illegal and the post office should know how to proceed with that...police report etc. The seller is not responsible once the package is delivered.
    When I went to the post office, they didn’t seem so concerned. Honestly, I’m sure I’m just a small speck of dust in their sea or lost packages. I don’t think they care enough to retrieve it. And when I asked if in the event of them not giving the package back if they’ll press charges, he laughed and just said “we’ll just see.” Hopefully everything works out.

  23. #23

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    I don't suppose theres ANY chance that the person who got the package would just return it to you? Bring it over to you, at your address, written on the package?? Ghetto or not, there are plenty of good, honest people out there.

    My mail person frequently delivers stuff to my next door neighbor. It is annoying as heck that they don't bring it over RIGHT AWAY but they always bring it over and put it in our mailbox or on our front deck eventually - usually like a week after it got delivered they get around to it
    Hi Joe! Perhaps there is a possibility of whomever returning it, but I know my neighborhood too well. They never returned my YSL M7 and V&R Antidote. What irks me is that I’ve had countless packages dropped off that were misdelivered at my door and I always take them to the correct residence. Hopefully someone finally pays it forward for me.

  24. #24

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    Quote Originally Posted by Gurahl View Post
    I do feel this is a slight over-reaction. Packages go missing. First, be patient, let USPS do their job.

    If they can't retrieve the package you follow the rules. If you aren't certain of the procedure, contact ebay, ask questions if necessary, and do as they say. You may not end up with what you bought, expectations may not be met, but you won't lose money.

    3 lost packages in ten years sounds like pretty good going. It's not like the doctor said you'll be dead in six months. Its a bottle of perfume.
    Perhaps. My experience is that usps constantly tries to wash their hands of these issue. I’ve had so many issues with them in the past.

  25. #25

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    Sounds like the dry cleaners response
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

  26. #26
    Dependent PrinceRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,849

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    File a claim. The USPS admitted they delivered to the wrong address. It's their fault.
    This. Quite frustrating.

  27. #27

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    Quote Originally Posted by jcastano View Post
    I appreciate it! I used my card on file with eBay and did not use PayPal. I’m definitely going to look into a P.O. Box. It sounds practical to avoid these types of issues.
    I don't see how the seller would be responsible for this issues and that is who PayPal would charge back


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  28. #28

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    Update for everyone:
    So USPS could not recover the package. I had two supervisors come to my house and question me about the contents of the package citing they would try to recover it as best they can . They had to get law-enforcement involved since the residents of the house refuse to give up the package . The police ended up drug raiding in the house after they had probable cause of drugs and sure enough they were correct. So I basically lost out on the package. Fortunately, eBay refunded my purchase price but I ended up losing my bottle of Armani eau de nuit. Those cretins are in jail now and I hope they rot.

  29. #29

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    well, sucks you didnt get your package but...what goes around comes around

  30. #30
    Dependent PrinceRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,849

    Default Re: USPS Misdelivered package

    Quote Originally Posted by jcastano View Post
    Update for everyone:
    So USPS could not recover the package. I had two supervisors come to my house and question me about the contents of the package citing they would try to recover it as best they can . They had to get law-enforcement involved since the residents of the house refuse to give up the package . The police ended up drug raiding in the house after they had probable cause of drugs and sure enough they were correct. So I basically lost out on the package. Fortunately, eBay refunded my purchase price but I ended up losing my bottle of Armani eau de nuit. Those cretins are in jail now and I hope they rot.
    Wow. At least you got your money back...




Similar Threads

  1. freaking USPS!
    By Shaheen in forum Online Shopping
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 5th June 2018, 10:51 AM
  2. USPS Tracking
    By RichNTacoma in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 24th December 2014, 09:25 PM
  3. Damn you USPS !
    By fraghead93 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 20th November 2014, 04:56 AM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 9th June 2012, 10:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000