Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Default Re: Perfume Game: Summer's night near the coastline / beach

Quote Originally Posted by chyprefresh View Post
    Alright I'm sending mine out today, I love the way it turned out. Hopefully my shipping method works
    I received it, but the vial was smashed, like they had sent it through a roller. So I've smelled it on paper.

I have a lot of thoughts about it just from smelling it on paper. I got a blast of it when I opened the mail box.
    Last edited by Bavard; 24th June 2020 at 11:19 PM.

... If a scent has a load of jasmine materials other than Hedione, I may have to decline judging that perfume, as strong Jasmine/Hyacinth scents tend to give me headaches.
    Super quick question for PK: do you just want to know that there are jasmine materials other than Hedione, or do you want to know specifically what jasmine materials other than Hedione? e.g. would we label your sample as 'has jasmine materials' (should the end result contain any) or 'has benzyl acetate' (or whatever was used)? Thanks!

Basenotes Plus

Just a heads up note that it contains real jasmine. I can probably smell it, but just nice to know. Hedione or BA is not an issue seemingly for me.
    THANKS!
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    I received it, but the vial was smashed, like they had sent it through a roller. So I've smelled it on paper.

I have a lot of thoughts about it just from smelling it on paper. I got a blast of it when I opened the mail box.
    Aww man, I was afraid that might happen. Did the bag I put the vial in rip too?

Aww man, I was afraid that might happen. Did the bag I put the vial in rip too?
    Yes. And the paper was punctured, and it was barely possible to still read the address.

Dependent

Yes. And the paper was punctured, and it was barely possible to still read the address.
    I'll work on another batch and send you another, same with anybody else who has issues with theirs if there are any leaks please let me know in private please, i'm already a little embarrassed.
    Last edited by chyprefresh; 25th June 2020 at 06:59 AM.

I'll work on another batch and send you another, same with anybody else who has issues with theirs if there are any leaks please let me know in private please, i'm already a little embarrassed.
    Embarrassed? I thought it was a classic application of the scientific method - try something and see what happens.

Ok, my US samples were shipped out a couple days ago. I’ll work on getting mumsy’s sample out very shortly.

Overall, I’m pretty pleased as well, so it will be great to hear the judges thoughts!

Barry

Basenotes Plus

Barry's arrived yesterday...BKKORN a while ago. And another... can't remember it right now though,
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Dependent

Embarrassed? I thought it was a classic application of the scientific method - try something and see what happens.
    Yeah, I'm not giving up, being a cheapskate aint easy lol.

Alright I sent a thinner vial that is less likely to get caught in the machinery and the cardboard fills the whole envelope, I think these ones are only 6mm instead of 8mm. PM me if there's anymore problems.

Basenotes Plus

BK's arrived so long ago that he beat Chanel No 5 and Shalimar to market (Hey BKKorn, that's just a joke, man!
    Andrew Hugg, Lieutenant Colonel, USAF (retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Son In Law View Post
    BK's arrived so long ago that he beat Chanel No 5 and Shalimar to market (Hey BKKorn, that's just a joke, man!
    HAHA! What can i say? I messed up! I thought the deadline was JUNE 15th....and then i re-read it back and its for JULY 15th. Oh well, i guess my frag has a month to macerate while its in the hands of the judges
    ...bathing in perfumes...

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Bkkorn View Post
    HAHA! What can i say? I messed up! I thought the deadline was JUNE 15th....and then i re-read it back and its for JULY 15th. Oh well, i guess my frag has a month to macerate while its in the hands of the judges
    Ha, I know, I remembered your "WTF?" from before. Hmmmm that maceration time is a good trick. Maybe you're not so crazy and you are a genius instead

I'm filling and packing up right now, so right behind you.

p.s. My trick was to put my 1 oz bottle on the magnetic stirrer. I had to use the ball stirrer because the others are too big to fit. So I got that going for me... which is nice.

Dependent

Yeah BKs perfume is going to be well settled by then!

Dependent

Bkkorn is bluffing us, he stumbled upon a golden formula right away and shipped it in gold lace and frills, he thinks we think we don't know.

HAHAHA

Actually i decanted a vial of Dolce Gabbana Light Blue por Homme....and just shipped it. Wish me luck!

Basenotes Plus

Hey you got my Caddyshack line! I'm impressed!

Dependent

HAHAHA

Actually i decanted a vial of Dolce Gabbana Light Blue por Homme....and just shipped it. Wish me luck!
    Pay to play

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

HAHAHA

I knew it smelled familiar!

No, I'm sure it's not that. I'm liking it though. I like yours and the other one I received yesterday - which like Bavard's parcel did get absolutely mauled by a belt roller, but the spray vial survived intact. Bkkorn's and it are the two I've received so far. The hardy survivor is called Kerala - is that from chyprefresh or someone else? bsouthers maybe?

I won't start publicly ranking them until they've all arrived - that's the method, correct? It's going to be hard to not at least give "here and there" thoughts on what's on hand though.

Quote Originally Posted by IsoESuperman View Post
    I knew it smelled familiar!

No, I'm sure it's not that. I'm liking it though. I like yours and the other one I received yesterday - which like Bavard's parcel did get absolutely mauled by a belt roller, but the spray vial survived intact. Bkkorn's and it are the two I've received so far. The hardy survivor is called Kerala - is that from chyprefresh or someone else? bsouthers maybe?

I won't start publicly ranking them until they've all arrived - that's the method, correct? It's going to be hard to not at least give "here and there" thoughts on what's on hand though.
    Kerala is my sample! Glad it made it there in one piece, even if the mailer was destroyed.

Did you need me to send the scent description to you via PM?

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by bsouthers View Post
    Kerala is my sample! Glad it made it there in one piece, even if the mailer was destroyed.

Did you need me to send the scent description to you via PM?

Barry
    Good to know, thanks Barry. I'm okay without a description and notes for now. I prefer as little context as possible during initial sniffing if that's kosher with you.

I will say for now, and I hope this isn't too much too soon, and I mean it in a totally neutral/non-judgmental way (given I'm somehow technically a judge) but...Aventus-ish. Not a clone, not what strikes me as an attempt to recreate, but it instantly came to mind. I think Aventus smells pretty good, as does your creation.

Quote Originally Posted by IsoESuperman View Post
    Good to know, thanks Barry. I'm okay without a description and notes for now. I prefer as little context as possible during initial sniffing if that's kosher with you.

I will say for now, and I hope this isn't too much too soon, and I mean it in a totally neutral/non-judgmental way (given I'm somehow technically a judge) but...Aventus-ish. Not a clone, not what strikes me as an attempt to recreate, but it instantly came to mind. I think Aventus smells pretty good, as does your creation.
    It must be the pineapple top notes! To be perfectly honest, I think I’ve smelled Aventus 2-3 times ever so I wouldn’t know enough about it to clone it anyway lol. I made it to match the scent of a shave soap my brother made for his company, Le Voyageur Grooming and thought it would be a good entry into the “summer night near the coastline” contest.

Parcels from Devil's Son in Law and presumably xii have also arrived safe and sound. So far, 4 for 4. I say presumably because somewhere on the paper within was "xii" and unless someone different has a numerology fetish for 12 and puts it on everything they send overseas for safe passage, I'm guessing it is related to the screen name. It is titled Dunes & Roses or something to that effect, which I think is a great name.

Quote Originally Posted by bsouthers View Post
    It must be the pineapple top notes! To be perfectly honest, I think I’ve smelled Aventus 2-3 times ever so I wouldn’t know enough about it to clone it anyway lol. I made it to match the scent of a shave soap my brother made for his company, Le Voyageur Grooming and thought it would be a good entry into the “summer night near the coastline” contest.
    I'd be curious to see if the other judges make the connection too. If they do not have any Aventus on hand and want to make a comparison, I'd be happy to send some out.

Basenotes Plus

Andrew's and Chyprefresh have arrived.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Thanks Paul and Ben. And Bavard's tracker shows it scanned today but don't say where. No location info so not much tracking data. Everyone else had a lot of updates in the tracker, so if it doesn't arrive in a few days I'll resend. Mumsy will be the real test. Just to share with others what I did:

I sent her's as an international package in a small shipping box that is 11.5 cm / 4.5 in square. 5ml glass bottle with sprayer was wrapped in crepe paper then a 1 foot sheet of bubble wrap. I bought shipping label on stamps.com and also filled out the customs form right on the shipping page. I listed it as "cosmetic samples" from a drop down list. It cost me $13.78 to send to England from DC. Tracker shows it took 3 days to get to Miami, then it will hopefully soon fly direct to London. Hope that cheap price for a package doesn't mean it goes through Morocco then Bulgaria to Kyiv then London Seems like its going to take a while, anyway.

p.s. Stamps.com says the sum of the length, width and height of the box cannot exceed 36 inches and longest side must be under 24 inches.
    Last edited by Devil's Son In Law; 1st July 2020 at 05:14 AM.

Basenotes Junkie

Ah yes, Dunes & Roses is mine. I needed to quickly change the way samples were packed and some information got obscured.
    Thanks for the info.

Tracking says Paul's has been "left with individual", Bavard's should arrive today. Let me know if the samples are whole. Thanks!

It took 2 weeks to make it overseas.

Perhaps it helps, the story I prepared was that the envelopes contained items of a board game, like puzzle pieces, developed together with the addressed but nobody asked.
    Last edited by xii; 1st July 2020 at 01:38 PM.

Hey judges, I just shipped my entries out to you all. Let me know when you'd like me to DM you my statement -- I didn't know if you wished to smell first, then read, or whatever your preferences may be. Am I to post my statement here in the thread at one point, as well? Presumably after the 15th?
    Currently wearing: New Sibet by Slumberhouse

Yes I think if we post our statements after the 15th the judges could”quote” our statements so it makes sense( because it is a critique of both the perfume and if our statement is evoked by the perfume)

I've safely received:

1. Paradise Beach from Bkkorn;

2. Costa del Mar from chyprefresh;

3. Kerala form bsouthers; and

4. Dunes & Roses from xii.