Code of Conduct

Default Please help to identify very famous note

Dear all,

I'm posting here first time. I hope You all are well and safe. I need a little help to identify a very famous sweet rosy note which occurs in floral green chypres like
    Histoire de parfums - patchouli noire, Sisly - Eau du soir, Clinique - Aromatics elixir.
    If You guess what I mean , it is a floral very sweet and tenasious cheap chemical old fashioned note wich is maybe rosy and lasts very long. It is very dominant in patchouli noir and it is used with musk ketone.

Thank You in advance.

Default Re: Please help to identify very famous note

There's a few options. rose acetate, peomosa and mefrosol. We'll see what others say.

Quote Originally Posted by RSG View Post
    There's a few options. rose acetate, peomosa and mefrosol. We'll see what others say.
    Thank You for Your reply, actually rose acetate has very fainth odor, peomosa is relatively new ingredient (I've just readen the description) and the description of is similar to the note that I'm searching. I'm waiting for more options

rose crystals+phenylethyl phenylacetate. One of them or a combination.

Thank You for Your reply, actually these two ingredients have faint odor. The note that I mean has very diffusie scent and can dominate in fragrance.

Basenotes Junkie

Surely, you've ruled it out already but it can't hurt to suggest: Lyral?

Rose crystals is very strong and diffusive and very fit to your description. Other is rose damascena absolute, especialy honey fractions.

I've tested rose crystas and I found it as a base note, that note which I'm searching is strong top to middle note and also quite tenasious in drydown, I don't think that it may be the rose absolute because that note is seems to be cheap chemical, strong powdery, very old style, not as natural as rose absolute can be.

Thank You for Your suggestion. I just tried it and the result is quite interesting, it gives some volume and diffusion and some sweetness. But it is still not the same. I'm sure that You could easly ID that note if You could smell because it is not very original and I think it was very common 25 and more years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by xii View Post
    Surely, you've ruled it out already but it can't hurt to suggest: Lyral?
    Thank You for Your suggestion. I just tried it and the result is quite interesting, it gives some volume and diffusion and some sweetness. But it is still not the same. I'm sure that You could easly ID that note if You could smell because it is not very original and I think it was very common 25 and more years ago.