Code of Conduct

Default Refilling bottles

My 75ml Aventus bottle has run out and I知 tempted to try to replace its contents with my PV Emperor. It feels a little scammy, almost, to do that. But I have a couple different PV fragrances, like my Creed bottles a lot more, and prefer to know exactly what fragrance I知 about to spray on rather than having to check the writing on bottom of bottle every time (PV bottles basically all look the same).

Does anyone know how feasible and practical it is to refill Creed or other fragrance bottles? There痴 no way I知 buying more Aventus now that they've jacked up the prices so insanely. But as I say, it痴 annoying that PV bottles all look the same and I hate to throw away my Creed bottle now that it痴 empty.

Default Re: Refilling bottles

I have not taken creed bottle apart, but searching on google it seems that they use the cramp principle, so it will be almost impossible to reuse the same atomizer. But you can try to buy either similar system and try to crimp it, or buy another syster that is as well widely used and you just need to put a ring in top to secure it. Adding pictures below.

Screenshot_20200522-180510_Opera.jpg

And

20200522_181359.jpg

Is it possible to use the 電ecant with syringe method but in reverse?
    Currently wearing: Oud Maximus by Bortnikoff

Reverse with syringe would require a special connector to have needle go inside a tiny tube and keep it pressed down at the same time, as that is the only way to have constant opening to the inside of the bottle. Also, how about washing out the bottle out of previous fragrance?

I figure he doesn稚 really need to wash it out if he痴 putting an Aventus close inside.

However - I think you know better than me about the limitations of putting fragrance back in the bottle this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Oud Maximus by Bortnikoff

Thanks to ebay scammers from russia i had an opportunity to experiment on the confiscated bottles
    and washing bottles out - guess its just the way i treat stuff, has to be clean in my opinion

Yeah I’m not worried about washing it out. But that doesn’t look good on the atomizer. I’m not going to try to get a different atomizer and crimp it. Now I’m wondering if it would be possible to put a tiny hole somewhere and then reseal it with resin or epoxy or something?

I’m not about to go too nuts with this, but it sure feels wasteful to throw away beautiful bottles in favor of keeping multiple identical and lame looking PV bottles. As I say, though, I’m too annoyed that Creed has jacked up the prices to absurd luxury extortion prices to buy a direct replacement.

Who you say you have to throw the Creed bottle away when empty?
    Just keep it......
    My Top '11':

- Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Antaeus (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Armani: AdG Profumo
    - Jacques Bogart: Furyo
    - Guerlain: H駻itage (vtg)
    - Thierry Mugler: A*men
    - SA: Al Basel
    - D&G: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - YSL: Kouros (vtg)
    - VC&A: Pour Homme

Nah, I don’t like to keep stuff unless it’s functional.

Does anyone know a place to buy atomizers? Maybe the idea of removing the original atomizer and replacing it with a new one isn’t too outlandish, the more I think about it ��

I'm glad you can't refill the bottles, otherwise there'd be even more paranoia about fakes than there is. Honestly, I don't feel like this is the type of thing that should be encouraged. If you can't afford current Creed prices, accept that you won't be able to spray Aventus from a Creed bottle. If you don't like the PV bottle because you have to look at the bottom to see what it is, put a label on the front of the bottle. There has to be more important things you can focus on?
    Last edited by UncleBuck; 24th May 2020 at 12:50 PM.
    Currently wearing: N駻oli Sauvage by Creed

Drilling a hole wouldnt work, because of the structure of atomizer. Current creeds attomizer would look as picture 2 system, but compact and fit within the neck of the bottle with that metal on top. So only replacement with one of these systems i showed. 2nd system is really straight forward - place it on top, put ring on it, and that ring will compress it and keep tight with bottle.

As for Uncles comment - there is truth in what you are saying and he can throw bottle anytime. On the other side - OP likes aesthetics and wants to try this. There is no harm in experimenting as: 1) in case he gets bottle that leaks, he will know what to do with it. 2) he will get new skill and understanding. 3) if he replaces sprayer - it would be obvious that it was done. 4) if you dont want fakes - dont buy anything here. As you mentioned - buy at official retailer.

Creed tops pull right off and reassemble just as easily

It's just another reason the brand annoys me, I've purchased several bottles off the gray market that I suspect were tampered with

Quote Originally Posted by Fwilko View Post
    Creed tops pull right off and reassemble just as easily

It's just another reason the brand annoys me, I've purchased several bottles off the gray market that I suspect were tampered with
    Really? Have you done it before? If so, I’d appreciate a description of the method you used. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter View Post
    Really? Have you done it before? If so, I’d appreciate a description of the method you used. Thanks for the feedback.
    Grab the top with a pair of pliers. Squeeze as hard as you can and pull up while twisting from side to side. That should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mak-7 View Post
    Drilling a hole wouldnt work, because of the structure of atomizer. Current creeds attomizer would look as picture 2 system, but compact and fit within the neck of the bottle with that metal on top. So only replacement with one of these systems i showed. 2nd system is really straight forward - place it on top, put ring on it, and that ring will compress it and keep tight with bottle.

As for Uncles comment - there is truth in what you are saying and he can throw bottle anytime. On the other side - OP likes aesthetics and wants to try this. There is no harm in experimenting as: 1) in case he gets bottle that leaks, he will know what to do with it. 2) he will get new skill and understanding. 3) if he replaces sprayer - it would be obvious that it was done. 4) if you dont want fakes - dont buy anything here. As you mentioned - buy at official retailer.
    1) If he gets a bottle that leaks, he should return it
    2) Yes, new skill and understanding in how to create real looking bottles with different liquid inside. I don't see any issues with that, at all.
    3) Not everyone knows the intricacies of specific atomizers
    4) It shouldn't be necessary to buy everything at full retail because the used market is full of refilled bottles. Goodbye, vintage frags. It was fun while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
    1) If he gets a bottle that leaks, he should return it
    2) Yes, new skill and understanding in how to create real looking bottles with different liquid inside. I don't see any issues with that, at all.
    3) Not everyone knows the intricacies of specific atomizers
    4) It shouldn't be necessary to buy everything at full retail because the used market is full of refilled bottles. Goodbye, vintage frags. It was fun while it lasted.
    You do bring up valid points, although they come from the far negative side.
    1) i had a bottle of jubilation that is 4 years old and it started to leak under cap. Cant return that. Too off the cap and poured into smaller bottle in my case. All is good now.
    2) i understand you have bad experience with tempered perfumes, i have that as well. Dealing with a person for a year now about "vintage epic" but that doesnt mean that poster of thread is starting scam business.
    3) If in doubt - internet, especially on creeds - have so much info that you can find answers to most questions
    4) if tour buying anything 2nd hand, set rules ahead of purchase. Use goods and service option and deal with trusted sellers.

I share same thoughts as you, but just thinking about it in negative light wont do any good.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter View Post
    Does anyone know how feasible and practical it is to refill Creed
    Not very.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Mak-7 View Post
    I have not taken creed bottle apart, but searching on google it seems that they use the cramp principle, so it will be almost impossible to reuse the same atomizer. But you can try to buy either similar system and try to crimp it, or buy another syster that is as well widely used and you just need to put a ring in top to secure it. Adding pictures below.

Screenshot_20200522-180510_Opera.jpg

And

20200522_181359.jpg
    I've attempted to remove an atomizer on a Guerlain bottle which is very similar to the Creed. Two problems that I've observed. The first being the metal atomizers would be rendered useless after pried off from the bottle. The second being cracking off some of the glass in the process. One would have to create a new atomizer head as well as not chipping the glass if one were to reuse the bottle.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

^^^^^responding to mr carter

Yes I just did it yesterday in fact. You grab the collar tight and twist as you pull up, and everything just pops out as if you're uncorking a whiskey bottle. Then everything can be reassembled and put back on the bottle again within a minute. Nothing is broken or damaged and you would never have any idea the bottle had been tampered with.

And people wonder why there are so many Aventus real/fake threads. Give yourselves a round of applause.

Next on the agenda, boys and girls, is giving lessons on how to pick a lock...it’s just to help someone that’s locked out get back into their own house...honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
    And people wonder why there are so many Aventus real/fake threads. Give yourselves a round of applause.

Next on the agenda, boys and girls, is giving lessons on how to pick a lock...it’s just to help someone that’s locked out get back into their own house...honest.
    No one here is ' giving lessons on picking locks ' .. especially when the locks in your analogy don't work in the first place. Much more damaging to the community is when posters repeat the same misinformation that 'this is impossible' and pretend like they can verify your product through pictures alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fwilko View Post
    No one here is ' giving lessons on picking locks ' .. especially when the locks in your analogy don't work in the first place. Much more damaging to the community is when posters repeat the same misinformation that 'this is impossible' and pretend like they can verify your product through pictures alone.
    Round of applause here too.

It’s often possible to verify a product is 100% fake from pictures. You can’t verify 100% real from pictures. There’s a difference.

Posting information likely to be read and used by scammers on an open forum is nave at best and idiotic at worst. Usually the latter.

I think scammers can give us a few lessons and they dont need to come here to learn how this works.
    You as well have means to deal with scammers - use goods and service purchase method, call your bank to pull the transaction.