Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default L'Occitane 2.5oz bottles anyone tried them?

I received Eau Des Baux in a 2.5oz bottle, the company I bought from advertised the old 3.4oz bottle on their website so I’m bummed to have received the newer formulation. Has anyone gave these a smell and wearing are the new formulations inferior to the older bottle style?
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: L'Occitane 2.5oz bottles anyone tried them?

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    I received Eau Des Baux in a 2.5oz bottle, the company I bought from advertised the old 3.4oz bottle on their website so I’m bummed to have received the newer formulation. Has anyone gave these a smell and wearing are the new formulations inferior to the older bottle style?
    Wasn't aware they were available in that size.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

They are available via their company website directly in 2.5oz which appears to have replaced the 3.4oz bottles. A few reviews on Fragrantica say that they are not as good as the formulation prior, I have no experience with this house. Would be a bummer if things had changed for the worse with cheapened ingredients etc.
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

It always the same thing: when the presentation change there are always people telling about reformulation that is not always true. When their store reopen around here I will give it a try and check it out.
    Maybe they changed the size exactly for avoiding cutting costs regarding raw material or remarking the prices.
    Last edited by Beck; 25th May 2020 at 01:58 AM.
    "True change is within; leave the outside as it is."
    Dalai Lama
    Currently wearing: M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

Wearing Eau des Baux from a 100ml bottle today. I've been wondering the same thing to be honest. Would like to grab a 100ml backup just in case. I have about 50ml left in my current bottle. It has great performance on me. Hope it hasn't been changed.
    Last edited by morrison74; 24th May 2020 at 10:34 AM.

Freed from BN Institution

To be safe I think the 100ml bottles are the way to go. I prefer stick with the original release or original formulation if possible.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

I did try it recently and found it a bit different than I remembered. Not necessarily better or worse, just different.