Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 55 of 55
  1. #31

    Default Re: Ultimate 5 fragrance wardrobe

    Quote Originally Posted by ccdan View Post
    This is something new. Sauvage = Aventus x BdC? Both Aventus and BdC are(individually) a lot more complex than Sauvage.
    To be honest I haven't sniffed Elysium. But I know what kind of stuff Roja does. The difference between Grey Vetiver and Roja Vetiver Parfum convinced me that the latter is worth the full retail price!
    Elysium is punchy like those others but has depth and addictive quality that makes you want to constantly sniff the bottle. I like mass appeal and proven attractive-to-women attributes done well as in Elysium and Aventus. I actually like it more than Aventus, though it's impossible to say whether or not that is just because of relative novelty. Anyway, it smells good, is very fresh, and has that Aventus-type sillage and masculine strength that's attractive to women.

  2. #32

    Default Re: Ultimate 5 fragrance wardrobe

    Quote Originally Posted by ccdan View Post
    The difference between Grey Vetiver and Roja Vetiver Parfum convinced me that the latter is worth the full retail price!
    Completely agree. The stuff is amazing.

  3. #33

    Default Re: Ultimate 5 fragrance wardrobe

    Quote Originally Posted by mcarter View Post
    proven attractive-to-women
    Like in a lab? Measured by the depth their panties had fallen? Women are people, they're not this test subject alien specie to be talked about this way lol. Well unless it's a salesman or a commercial trying to convince a man by exploiting his needs or insecurities.

    PS. I don't make sarcastic jokes but I just couldn't help it on this one!

  4. #34
    Freed from BN Institution

    N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    50,374

    Default Re: Ultimate 5 fragrance wardrobe

    Quote Originally Posted by techt View Post
    Not a fan of Roja's
    I personally avoid Roja's at all cost. Haven't smelled any to date.

    The original formulation YSL La Nuit is great stuff along with older bottles of Creed MI.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

  5. #35

    Default Re: Ultimate 5 fragrance wardrobe

    Quote Originally Posted by blackaroma View Post
    Like in a lab? Measured by the depth their panties had fallen? Women are people, they're not this test subject alien specie to be talked about this way lol. Well unless it's a salesman or a commercial trying to convince a man by exploiting his needs or insecurities.

    PS. I don't make sarcastic jokes but I just couldn't help it on this one!
    What are you talking about? Some fragrances are more popular than others among women just as some are more popular than others among men. You're the person who is talking about women like they're some kind aliens needing special treatment lol. Aventus is certainly established popular with women.

  6. #36
    StylinLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA- too damn close to Scent Bar
    Posts
    5,371

    Default Re: Ultimate wide appeal 5 fragrance wardrobe

    Quote Originally Posted by mcarter View Post
    I love fragrances for myself but also like to know that those I’m “sharing” them with love them too. So I care about compliments or wide appeal equally as much. As long as the wide appeal isn’t at the expense of ultimate beauty. So I was wondering what I would take if I had to choose five and forget about all the rest and here’s what I came up with:

    1. Roja Elysium for warm weather daytime that is attractive to women/masculine.
    2. Millesime Imperial for warm weather daytime less masculine for environments where want to be less sexually polarizing
    3. Roja Enigma for cool weather day and night
    4. Issey Miyake Pulse of the Night for cool weather more casual
    5. La Nuit de LHomme for nights out any time of the year

    Would love to hear wh people think of this as a choose and walk away for a while “wardrobe”. Any other peoples’ lists would be appreciated as well. I guess the idea is to minimize cost and number of bottles while maximizing both beauty and appeal to those we’re sharing them with.
    If those five work for you that's great. I wouldn't second guess your preferences. MILLESIME IMPERIAL is modern classic and versatile. I couldn't embrace ENIGMA. LA NUIT is solid designer scent good for young dating guys for sure. Don't know the other two.

    I have so much I love right now it's getting tough to pick my favorites. I guess the five (er, six) I most love right would be:

    CREED BOIS DU PORTUGAL - A manly power scent. Always get positive feedback on this. It fits me. Mature as am I.
    CHANEL EGOISTE- Just so much ahead of its time and so superbly blended- rose, cinnamon, sandalwood. Must try for any Basenoter.
    CARON POUR UN HOMME/LE 3e MAN- Just "wow" on both of these. So underrated and reasonably priced.
    NICOLAI NEW YORK INTENSE- I wish overall longevity was a little better but for four hours no one smells better than me. No one.
    GUERLAIN VETIVER- THE vetiver. Don't mention any other vetivers to me. I'm done looking.
    Currently Loving:

    Bois du Portugal
    Invasion Barbare
    Le 3e Homme
    Ormande Jayne Man
    New York Intense
    Patchouli Intense
    Naxos
    Ombre Leather
    Clubman/Canoe/Wild Country/Azzaro Pour Homme
    Currently wearing: No. 89 by Floris

  7. #37

    Default Re: Ultimate wide appeal 5 fragrance wardrobe

    "To me it’s a fragrance that has the macro qualities that women respond to and the micro qualities that I respond to."
    Brilliant description of Elysium.
    Not a fan of the other 4. I would add a Roja Gulf State fragrance and something by Initio, something by Marly, and something by MFK or Creed to finish the 5.

  8. #38

    Default Re: Ultimate wide appeal 5 fragrance wardrobe

    I like that you have a mix of light and dark, and that’s important in 5 fragrance wardrobe. Your choices are your choices so it doesn’t make sense to recommend anything else. Though I’d consider finding an alternative to La Nuit just because it’s so common—one of just a handful of fragrances that the average person may be familiar with and that has the potential to recall memories of ex-boyfriends. But if you really like it....


    This would be mine (not that this will ever happen):

    Baccarat Rouge—dates, warm and cozy, winter wear

    Bleu Parfum: All year around, daily workhorse

    Invasion Barbare: dressy, special occasion

    Carven L’Eau Intense: casual fresh, daily wear

    Royal Oud: autumn wear, natural, woodsy outdoor fragrance


    It was a toss up between Royal Oud and Bel Ami Vetiver, but RO wins out because I like it just a little more. Also a toss up between Bleu Parfum and Elysium Parfum Homme, and Carven L’Eau Intense and Allure Homme Edition Blanche.
    *My current wardrobe is up to date as of: 12/26/19*

  9. #39
    Dependent PrinceRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,754

    Default Re: Ultimate wide appeal 5 fragrance wardrobe

    An "average guy" would have all the bases covered with these, IMO:

    Acqua di Gio
    Terre d'Hermes
    Grey Vetiver
    La Nuit de l'Homme
    Tobacco Vanille
    Currently wearing: Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford

  10. #40
    Dependent slpfrsly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,600

    Default Re: Ultimate 5 fragrance wardrobe

    Quote Originally Posted by ccdan View Post
    This is something new. Sauvage = Aventus x BdC? Both Aventus and BdC are(individually) a lot more complex than Sauvage.
    To be honest I haven't sniffed Elysium. But I know what kind of stuff Roja makes. The difference between Grey Vetiver and Roja Vetiver Parfum convinced me that the latter is worth the full retail price!
    Yeah, Sauvage is literally a fragrance massively inspired by Aventus while going the Bleu de Chanel route of using aromachemicals to achieve it. That's new info to you...?!

    Honestly, the problem I'm having is you're making a lot of totally opinion-based points about worth and value and quality and all the rest of it - I didn't pick the Common Projects trainer/sneaker for no reason, it's literally the perfect example. You're making the exact same points that someone who's paid £400/$500 for a pair of generic white casual shoes has when they eventually 'clock on' to the fact that the 'luxury' they (at one point) believed they were getting would be 'worth it' is simply not there in the way they hoped/thought/believed/wished. It's then up to said buyer to defend that decision - and to avoid the discomfort that what they had hoped to be social acclaim via materialism has in fact backfired when people criticise the product - by overemphasising the 'quality' of the vastly more expensive version of something that started off as a product for the masses, to the detriment of what it is inspired by or 'ripping off' in some ways.

    Now how does Roja Dove's Elysium relate? I'm not sure (as apparently nor do you yet you still defended it...!) - as I say, I've got a sample on the way - but given how everyone speaks about it, it literally sounds like more of the same with the edges sanded off and a bit more care and expense taken to produce it. But 'worth it'?

    People want the best of all worlds - that often means mass appeal, something 'known and knowable', yet - if you can - why not also make it unique, luxurious, and tap in to the psychological facet that Veblens identified with his economic modelling: by increasing the price people begin to inherently place more value on the product even if/when the product hasn't changed real value. Almost every single industry post-2008 has included some of this as a means of survival though it had of course been happening for a lot longer - from confectionary to perfumery to pharmaceuticals. It's just business.

    Elysium sounds like the epitome of a Common Projects trainer: it's safe, it's classical, it's mass appealing, it's practically universal, it's specifically on trend, and people buying it have literally never heard - or at least never engaged with - the idea of diminishing returns. I'm basing this on the fact people say it smells like BdC (as its notes would suggest) and Aventus. Always good to read up on first impressions before any emotion has set in and people get attached to a scent. I tend to find they're a bit more reliable, though not always. A cheap pair of trainers will literally fall apart in a few years; an ephemeral fragrance lasts a few hours and, at the end of the day, the 'value' that people are searching for (often seems to be 'luxury' and 'specialness') is almost entirely negligible: they don't exist outside your own experience/head. Other people aren't going to 'smell' your £400 fragrance, nor 'appreciate' the full $500 that's gone in to buying a pair of white sneakers (that you can barely ever wear because white shoes look awful when dirty). So you're literally paying for an experience that's just for *you* - yet I think that people buy it in the first place with other people in mind. Even GOOD versions of these items - i.e. really well made - have limited 'worth' if not value: shoes are still shoes, fragrance is still fragrance. Don't even mention the idea of mass appeal or 'compliments' or (perish the thought) how 'good' a fragrance is for women - though I suspect many people do in fact buy these things motivated significantly by such ideas (BdC Chanel is mass appealing/to women > BdC is too common > Buying a niche BdC will make me mass appealing but 'better' than everyone else). Any 'value' or 'greater worth' is almost always entirely within your own experience of a fragrance: yet I would balance that against the cost, quite simply, and point to the law of diminishing returns.

    Anyway, more than enough on that topic. Just thought it worth reiterating. I have nothing against Roja Dove. Maybe it does deserve its place on the list. But I take exception to response I received questioning the 'problems' with it - which seemed more than valid to me.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  11. #41

    Default Re: Ultimate wide appeal 5 fragrance wardrobe

    Probably best not to assume things about the type of person who buys products such as Roja fragrances or Common Projects trainers. Maybe some of them do so for the reasons you suggest then again maybe some of them don’t. How could you possibly know their motivations and why do you even care?

    Some people just like to treat themselves to nice things. I don’t understand why sometimes others have an issue with that but for some reason they get really annoyed about it!

    At the end of the day we’re all on a fragrance forum and each and every one we buy is an unnecessary luxury.

  12. #42
    Super Member ukwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    112

    Default Re: Ultimate wide appeal 5 fragrance wardrobe

    top 5 best retour from females

    540
    by the fireplace
    bois d'argent
    oud wood
    ganymède

    MO : ombré leather, booster

  13. #43

    Default Re: Ultimate wide appeal 5 fragrance wardrobe

    Quote Originally Posted by emtee View Post
    Probably best not to assume things about the type of person who buys products such as Roja fragrances or Common Projects trainers. Maybe some of them do so for the reasons you suggest then again maybe some of them don’t. How could you possibly know their motivations and why do you even care?

    Some people just like to treat themselves to nice things. I don’t understand why sometimes others have an issue with that but for some reason they get really annoyed about it!

    At the end of the day we’re all on a fragrance forum and each and every one we buy is an unnecessary luxury.
    Every hobby, art or luxury is unnecessary to sustain life, but to make life beautiful and worth living? Long as you enjoy a perfume, that pleasure alone is as good a reason as any.

    Roja has so many high quality releases, I love his Musk Aoud it was my first perfume I found worthy to pay top dollar for, Fetish Parfum was also beautiful and so well done. Creation-E is another great creation. Elysium is my least favorite among those I know, but I think if someone likes the Bleu or Aventus trends would find it extraordinary beautiful, the game is the same but it's leagues above something like Sauvage which may justify the price for fans of that genre.

    In the end of the day even most expensive perfumes aren't as expensive as most other hobbies/passions, my leatherwear alone have cost me at least 5 times more than my perfume wardrobe...

  14. #44

    Default Re: Ultimate wide appeal 5 fragrance wardrobe

    Quote Originally Posted by blackaroma View Post
    Every hobby, art or luxury is unnecessary to sustain life, but to make life beautiful and worth living? Long as you enjoy a perfume, that pleasure alone is as good a reason as any.
    .
    Thank you. Exactly what I meant and you put it far more eloquently than I did. Yes some things are arguably overpriced if you’re just considering the cost of manufacture but the emotional effect/pleasure it has on the purchaser is hard to put a reasonable price on. So it’s best not to try lol

  15. #45
    Dependent slpfrsly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,600

    Default Re: Ultimate wide appeal 5 fragrance wardrobe

    Quote Originally Posted by emtee View Post
    Probably best not to assume things about the type of person who buys products such as Roja fragrances or Common Projects trainers. Maybe some of them do so for the reasons you suggest then again maybe some of them don’t. How could you possibly know their motivations and why do you even care?

    Some people just like to treat themselves to nice things. I don’t understand why sometimes others have an issue with that but for some reason they get really annoyed about it!

    At the end of the day we’re all on a fragrance forum and each and every one we buy is an unnecessary luxury.
    What do you mean assume? You gave the typical response to this sort of topic every time it comes up - that it's a case of 'people only dislike it because they can't afford it'.

    That seemed an odd response to my question that the criticism towards Elysium for being a 'much more expensive version of BdC/Aventus' seems obvious: that the 'value' - as I've described above - is almost entirely psychological for the wearer; to make matters worse, the wearer/buyer may not realise this and assume that the value can be translated in to communal or social approval. In short, that other people will perceive the value: which is a stretch, given that the way the value seems to be measured is in 'appeal to women'. It's the same flawed, foolish thinking you'll see among Aventus fanatics. So, when social disapproval arises it's a bit of a shock to the system: the exact opposite of what people expect. It really gets down in to the deep rooted emotional part of the brain - and so defensiveness and 'defending' the item in question is the default response as the ego feels under attack. I think I'm comfortable enough making an assessment on that front given how common this manner of thinking is - and there's been a few hints in the direction that you're supportive of this mindset. That seems to be the heart of it: I readily understand why people would criticise something for 'being' so similar to something significantly less expensive and literally the definition of 'the mainstream' and, I think, you don't? Or at least don't agree with it?

    To answer my question with what is a rather unknowing blanket suggestion about wealth just tapped in to the fact there is something rather...superficial at the heart of fragrances/items charging 5-10x more than the existing product they are based upon. Naturally, the very POINT of Roja charging what he does is so that a lot of people cannot afford it - so it prices out some people but, crucially, gives those who want said fragrance template the notion of supremacy in a very controllable part of life. That seems obvious enough, no? I think the distaste comes when the idea is that 'you cannot afford it therefore you dislike it'. Maybe there are some who are that bitter - but equally I dislike the implication of inferiority on the basis of wealth. Irrespective of my personal means the fact you afforded zero ground for the fact that any objectivity could be had when assessing something so (purportedly) similar to THE smell of mainstream male perfumery over the last decade leads me to a very obvious conclusion. I merely asked the question and was effectively told, no. That shows either an inability to conceive of an alternative mindset or value system, or snobbery.

    The motivations are really quite explicit among people who buy a marginally superior, yet much more expensive version of something that's commonly bought/used/worn among the general population: status. As you say, who knows what motivates some people - however research, development, and marketing is literally designed to work out what people want, need, and how they will behave commercially: to suggest these are 'unknowables' is literally incorrect. People buy overpriced 'mainstream' artefacts for status. This is very common. But of course, we're conflicted individuals, too, capable of holding inherently contradictory beliefs and motivations at the same time.

    I care as much as this topic is an interesting point of discussion. I suppose I could interrogate my feelings further - get down really in to the nitty gritty of personal philosophy - but I feel I've sidetracked this thread far enough as it is. At its heart I suppose it's a general, in built dislike of snobbery in one form or another, but I suppose I also dislike the Common Projects buyer who tends to be the kind of man around my age and demographic who I share almost nothing in terms of values or ethics with. I suppose, more generally, it taps in to a dislike of the demographic and much of its social behaviour, too - but we're now in danger of peering down the rabbithole to try to see the warren and that's a route no one wants to take.

    Ultimately I think I'm a bit bemused that you and a few others are basically doing exactly what I'm describing yet also arguing the point? You're hanging on the idea of commercial superiority in relation to 'pleasing women' - which is why I say people buy it, and equally why people are so critical?
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  16. #46
    Dependent slpfrsly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,600

    Default Re: Ultimate wide appeal 5 fragrance wardrobe

    If you're buying expensive perfume for 'the emotions' I'd strongly suggest mindfulness via meditation and yoga. I'm not even kidding. It will change your life. There are infinitely better ways to gain pleasure/positive emotions than through the money pit that is boutique niche perfumery (and ever growing tolerance to the dopamine that results from trying/buying them).

    And now I'll leave the thread. Sorry OP. Didn't mean to hijack...
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  17. #47

    Default Re: Ultimate wide appeal 5 fragrance wardrobe

    Wow that’s a lot of words and assumptions and whilst I could go back through your post and respond to each of your points I frankly just cannot be arsed - it’s too much for my brain to compute, sorry.

    Funny thing is though you’re whole argument seems to be pinned on the fact that Elysium smells just like an expensive version of Aventus and BdC but is aimed at people who wish to feel superior to those that can only afford the former 2 fragrances (ironically Elysium Cologne costs less than Aventus). I own all 3 and to my nose they don’t smell anything alike. The only similarity is they are all woody/citrusy. When you get your sample let us know your thoughts.

  18. #48
    Dependent slpfrsly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,600

    Default Re: Ultimate wide appeal 5 fragrance wardrobe

    Quote Originally Posted by emtee View Post
    When you get your sample let us know your thoughts.
    Will do
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  19. #49

    Default Re: Ultimate wide appeal 5 fragrance wardrobe

    Quote Originally Posted by slpfrsly View Post
    Will do
    All good man and I do broadly get where you’re coming from and you do have some valid points. I guess I just feel like whether you’re buying a £20 cheapie or a £2000 fragrance that comes in a gold plated bottle encrusted with diamonds we’re all really after the same thing - a little bit of fun/pleasure/escapism from our often stressful lives.

    And I also apologise for the thread hijack.

  20. #50

    Default Re: Ultimate wide appeal 5 fragrance wardrobe

    Quote Originally Posted by slpfrsly View Post
    so it prices out some people but, crucially, gives those who want said fragrance template the notion of supremacy
    Lol man you're taking this way too personal, I have one Roja Dove, I don't feel superior to someone who doesn't have a Roja Dove (I mean I may feel that but not because of this reason!)

    If you know someone who does this, it's not on Roja, they're just personally snobby! I don't think if someone who owns a perfume had a bad attitude it should take away from that particular perfume's quality in any way.

  21. #51
    Dependent PrinceRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,754

    Default Re: Ultimate 5 fragrance wardrobe

    Quote Originally Posted by slpfrsly View Post
    the 'value' that people are searching for (often seems to be 'luxury' and 'specialness') is almost entirely negligible: they don't exist outside your own experience/head.
    Sometimes that's all that one is looking for.
    Currently wearing: Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford

  22. #52
    Dependent slpfrsly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,600

    Default Re: Ultimate wide appeal 5 fragrance wardrobe

    Quote Originally Posted by emtee View Post
    All good man and I do broadly get where you’re coming from and you do have some valid points. I guess I just feel like whether you’re buying a £20 cheapie or a £2000 fragrance that comes in a gold plated bottle encrusted with diamonds we’re all really after the same thing - a little bit of fun/pleasure/escapism from our often stressful lives.

    And I also apologise for the thread hijack.
    Yep, fair enough. All very easy to lose sight of the bigger picture. The consequences of a global lockdown...!!

    Quote Originally Posted by blackaroma View Post
    Lol man you're taking this way too personal, I have one Roja Dove, I don't feel superior to someone who doesn't have a Roja Dove (I mean I may feel that but not because of this reason!)

    If you know someone who does this, it's not on Roja, they're just personally snobby! I don't think if someone who owns a perfume had a bad attitude it should take away from that particular perfume's quality in any way.
    Honestly not taking it personally. Have nothing against Roja. Realised I 'laughed' at the joke about the house but that's because I genuinely found it funny - rather than agreed. I've only tried Amber Aoud and thought it was good but not for me, so can't say either way. Ofc it has nothing to do with Roja - though these brands 100% know what they're doing and the 'market' and psyche they're tapping in to. No problem with that, have to make money somehow.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  23. #53

    Default Re: Ultimate 5 fragrance wardrobe

    Quote Originally Posted by mcarter View Post
    Elysium is punchy like those others but has depth and addictive quality that makes you want to constantly sniff the bottle.
    Looks like I have to try this one. Actually there's two of them.

    Here's a top 5 "wide appeal" list (lots of such lists can be made)

    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Roja Vetiver Parfum
    Amouage Beach Hut
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff 1888


    Quote Originally Posted by slpfrsly View Post
    Yeah, Sauvage is literally a fragrance massively inspired by Aventus while going the Bleu de Chanel route of using aromachemicals to achieve it. That's new info to you...?!
    Well, that's not "info", it's your opinion. When I first smelled Sauvage, it didn't strike me as an aventus clone or something like that. Actually, while they share a somewhat similar vibe, Sauvage is a so-called "fougere" - lots of shaving/barbershop products have a smell more or less similar to Sauvage, many of them existing long before Sauvage appeared. If anyhting, Viking is somewhat similar to Sauvage. As for the "Bleu de Chanel route of using aromachemicals" - guess what? All fragrances use aromachemicals. Aventus included. Also Roja.

    Quote Originally Posted by slpfrsly View Post
    Honestly, the problem I'm having is you're making a lot of totally opinion-based points about worth and value and quality and all the rest of it
    Nearly everything about fragrance is "opinion-based" - especially perception of "quality", "pleasantness" and whether a certain frag is worth a certain price. Holds true for many other things, not just fragrance.
    Quote Originally Posted by slpfrsly View Post
    I didn't pick the Common Projects trainer/sneaker for no reason, it's literally the perfect example. You're making the exact same points that someone who's paid £400/$500 for a pair of generic white casual shoes has when they eventually 'clock on' to the fact that the 'luxury' they (at one point) believed they were getting would be 'worth it' is simply not there in the way they hoped/thought/believed/wished. It's then up to said buyer to defend that decision - and to avoid the discomfort that what they had hoped to be social acclaim via materialism has in fact backfired when people criticise the product - by overemphasising the 'quality' of the vastly more expensive version of something that started off as a product for the masses, to the detriment of what it is inspired by or 'ripping off' in some ways.
    You couldn't be farther from the truth!

    When I say "Roja Vetiver Parfum is worth the price" , that's precisely what I mean! The difference between Roja Vetiver and GV is not "marginal" as you're alluding somewhere in your post. Most people would not even recognize the Roja in the drydown as it takes on a rather different path: incensey smoke and woods(reminds me of cedar). For me, based on what I have tested so far, it's the best fragrance ever made.

    Never heard of "Common Projects" up until now. Your analogy is not very good I'm afraid. I usually don't buy fragrance testing it first, and I don't buy things for "social recognition", I buy things for me. And fragrance is a pretty bad choice for "status" for two reasons: 1. most people are clueless about fragrance, most won't recognize even the "popular" aventus, much less some roja 2. fragrances are minor things, and pretty cheap - even the most expensive ones

    You're making far too many assumptions about people you don't know. You're generalizing certain behaviors of certain people. That's not exactly wise.

  24. #54

    Default Re: Ultimate wide appeal 5 fragrance wardrobe

    Quote Originally Posted by ukwa View Post
    top 5 best retour from females

    540
    by the fireplace
    bois d'argent
    oud wood
    ganymède

    MO : ombré leather, booster
    That aganymede looks interesting, I’d never heard of it before.

  25. #55

    Default Re: Ultimate 5 fragrance wardrobe

    Anyone have opinions on L’Humaniste as an alternative to the Millesime Imperial? I haven’t been able to get my nose on it but from everything I have seen on it it looks like an excellent possible alternative.




Similar Threads

  1. What's your ultimate fragrance?
    By q8fragrance in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 2nd August 2018, 01:00 PM
  2. Ultimate barbershop fragrance?
    By vanvog in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 16th November 2017, 12:17 AM
  3. The Ultimate Young Fragrance
    By bilo in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 16th December 2014, 05:17 PM
  4. The Ultimate Oriental Fragrance is?
    By N_Tesla in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 15th December 2009, 03:21 PM
  5. The ultimate six-fragrance wardrobe
    By Scentsibility in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 19th June 2007, 08:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000