Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Whats the most attractive lady's perfume to you? (Feerie appreciation & a thief's journal)

IMG_20200531_000432_1.jpg

Obviously here's my choice,
    I found this earlier tonight in the depths of my home-studio, it's Van Cleef and Arpels Feerie, an ex's from a year ago. I sprayed it on a friend to get an idea which one it was (my ex had her fair bunch of perfumes) and wow I really like it, I believe it's a very attractive lady's perfume, the most attractive in the non-animalic side, the first hour of blackcurrant+smoky rubbery violet+ hints of some clean note (aldehyde?), light airy rose and powdery Iris is so cute! Then I decided to layer it with HL and now it's an official Aphrodisiac! I can't imagine wearing this myself and also couldn't imagine such a tacky bottle hold such enjoyable a scent I'd want to bury my nose into, I'm not ashamed to confess I won't be giving this back and will be using it in my bedroom for the foreseeable future! It sits on the opposite side of animalic musks and leathers I usually find attractive, this is innocent and elegant, (opposite attractions?) it's not a full and complete perfume, it's airy with holes and light projection, mysterious while being a light cheerful scent and that very incompleteness makes me want more of it! I will need more experience with it to figure out the notes but my first impression is attractive as f!

Default Re: Whats the most attractive lady's perfume to you? (Feerie appreciation & a thief's journal)

The lady who wears it has so much to do with it......
    Very clearly a case for corn flakes and classics
    Currently wearing: Quorum by Antonio Puig

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Whats the most attractive lady's perfume to you? (Feerie appreciation & a thief's journal)

Any one that my wife chooses to wear.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Ariana Grande Cloud or BR540, from what I've tried so far

Banned

I am not attracted to them.

But I like Shalimar and Chanel N.5
    Currently wearing: Black Aoud by Montale

Dependent

I had an ex girlfriend in the early 90s who wore Bob Mackie for women. It was intoxicating. Over the years I’ll be walking and smell the trail afteR passing someone and it still hits me. I’m sure it’s different these days but it’s the one that always turned by head
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan
    Currently wearing: Vintage by John Varvatos

I dated a girl that always wore Chanel Allure. That's always a favorite. My girlfriend now wear Gucci Guilty Absolute Pour Femme and I love it on her.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Lubin's Epidor and Louis Vuitton's Apogee come to mind.

But a mediocre perfume on the right lady is still better than the perfect perfume on a lady I am not interested in.

My wife wears Donna Karan Woman and it drives me crazy. I do not think it was even a good seller in the stores.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread | My Sales Thread

I like Soleil Blanc.

Dependent

Coco Mademoiselle

Currently: 'Une Nuit Magnétique' (2014) by Christine Nagel for The Different Company
    'Une Nuit Magnétique' (2014) by Christine Nagel for The Different Company (01b0).jpg

Mitsouko edt is a favorite of mine, but there are so many. Chanel No. 5 edc. I also like women in fragrances marketed to men.

Los Angeles, CA- too damn close to Scent Bar

I really like perfume on women, especially if they have taken care to choose it for themselves carefully and apply it with a deft touch.

That being said, I do got nuts for ANGEL and BANDIT.
    Currently Loving:

Bois du Portugal
    Invasion Barbare
    Le 3e Homme
    Ormande Jayne Man
    New York Intense
    Patchouli Intense
    Naxos
    Ombre Leather
    Clubman/Canoe/Wild Country/Azzaro Pour Homme

Many of her collection but to name a few which I love on her are:

- Robert Piguet: Baghari (this stuff is so good!)
    - Coco de Chanel (older edp bottle) Quality all over the place
    - DelRae 'Amoureuse (a brilliant green flowery perfume covered in honey and oakmoss!)

and in the cheaper segment:

- 212 Sexy (it really smells sexy!)
    - Nina Ricci (original) (lovely fresh)
    - Clinique 'Happy Heart' (formal gem)
    My Top '11':

- Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Antaeus (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Armani: AdG Profumo
    - Jacques Bogart: Furyo
    - Guerlain: Héritage (vtg)
    - Thierry Mugler: A*men
    - SA: Al Basel
    - D&G: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - YSL: Kouros (vtg)
    - VC&A: Pour Homme

Basenotes Plus

Guerlain Samsara (vtg) is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviatt View Post
    The lady who wears it has so much to do with it......
    Also yes to this.

Without a shadow of a doubt, Narciso Rodriguez for her.

It had an almost caveman like effect on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambuccashake View Post
    Without a shadow of a doubt, Narciso Rodriguez for her.

It had an almost caveman like effect on me.
    Yes the black one is very sexy, also the Poudree flanker. I think all NR women line are up there, probably my favorite feminine line. Even the NR for him EDP would be a sexy perfume on most ladies.

Mostly classic fragrances, especially but not exclusively classic Chanel ones, with more recent creations by classic houses like Guerlain also included for good measure, several near powerhouse feminine Balenciaga like Le Dix, a few vintage Shiseido and/or Serge Lutens ones.

Yet so far the most attractive fragrance have sensed was likely the Tosca flanker Bella Firenze. Though the elegance, looks and charm of the lady wearing this may have also been a factor, this fragrance managed to be even more than just seductive or merely attract compliments, attention and positive feedback, also conveying a quite unique sense of Mediterranean joie de vivre, warm, cheerful and also very fascinating at the same time.
    Currently wearing: Pour Un Homme by Caron

In this oreder:

Molinard Habanita
    Van Cleef & Arpels Bois d'Iris
    Amouage Lyric Women
    Guerlain Samsara
    Prada Infusion d'Iris
    Van Cleef & Arpels First

Own all of them.

First would be at the top, next to Habanita, if he didn't have those bitter heady flowers (narcissus & hyacinth) for an hour.

I think Habanita is in my top 5.
    Love the juice, love the bottle.

375x500.14676.jpg
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

Quote Originally Posted by Emanuel76 View Post
    Love the juice, love the bottle.

375x500.14676.jpg
    Admittedly I blindbought Habanita for the bottle and I love the scent on myself, it's a less sad but rougher L'Heure Bleue.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    Quality all over the place
    Phrase of the day

Coco Mademoiselle, Carnal Flower, Portrait of a Lady and many more over the years.

There are also many one-offs I have had passing encounters with but wouldn’t know by name!

Sound Scents

Portrait of a Lady (original formula) by Malle... but that one I prefer wearing myself.

On the right woman, I would love something like Hasu no Hana by Grossmith, Nombre Noir by Shiseido, Mitsouko (vintage) by Guerlain or Risque (pour Femme) by Roja Dove.
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Jasmin Antique (Rogue Perfumery)
    3) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills) - tie
    3) Giorgio V.I.P. Special Reserve (Giorgio Beverly Hills) - tie

5) Dia pour Homme vintage edt (Amouage)

6)
    Anat Fritz and its reissue, called Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    8) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    8) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie

Vintage Fendi donna.
    Currently wearing: Lui by Mazzolari

Goutal Un Matin d'Orage
    Guerlain Shalimar
    Tauer Au Coeur du Désert
    Tauer L'Eau
    Tom Ford Noir pour Femme
    Tom Ford Soleil Blanc

Quote Originally Posted by blackaroma View Post
    Admittedly I blindbought Habanita for the bottle and I love the scent on myself, it's a less sad but rougher L'Heure Bleue.
    Rougher?!
    For me it has no roughness at all. It's as smooth as it gets, with perfect projection.
    I sniff it to exhaustion.

I never had the opportunity to test L'Heure Bleue.
    EDP?
    What makes it sad?
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

Habanita... blecch. I don't get what y'all see in that blend of baby powder and rotting flowers.

All Is Beautiful

Lauder Knowing
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

All Is Beautiful

Tom Ford Shanghai Lily is a big favorite of mine.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.