Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Room Scent Of The Day - June 2020

What will you be scenting your home with this month?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Room Scent Of The Day - June 2020

Today the house is being scented with "Anchorage" by Astier De Villatte
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Today the house is being scented with "Brasilia" by Astier De Villatte

I always just use the fragrances I'm tired of, sometimes annoying decants or cheapies that somehow ended up in my place. I used to use essential oils in humidifiers before. (sigh!)
    This month I'll be trying to finish Estiara Floralys in the bathroom (guess it's a UAE fake of Gucci Flora), possibly Agent Provocateur Fatale intense and Dahlia Imperiale Bottega Verde too. The rest of the rooms usually smell of the fragrances I use through the day, as I spray pretty much all day long.
    Currently wearing: Memoir Woman by Amouage

Today the house is being scented with "Broadway" by Astier De Villatte

Yankee Candle - Pineapple and Cilantro.
    Currently wearing: Gold Man by Amouage

Today the house is being scented with "Cabourg" by Astier De Villatte

Today the house is being scented with "Delphes" by Astier De Villatte

Today the house is being scented with "Honolulu" by Astier De Villatte

Sillage Monster

Quote Originally Posted by lilioka View Post
    ... The rest of the rooms usually smell of the fragrances I use through the day, as I spray pretty much all day long.
    I was just thinking about this. I've been wearing all Diptyque, all the time, for the past couple of weeks and my bedroom is starting to smell like 34 Blvd. St. Germaine, the Diptyque flagship store in Paris. They created a fragrance to capture this olfactory experience but I did it on my own. Today, I enhanced the the aroma by burning a Lavender & Lemon candle and a stick of Frankincense & Myrrh incense. All this is tempered by cool fresh marine air blowing in through an open window.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Today the house is being scented with "Naples" by Astier De Villatte

"Pomegranate Sage" by Terra Vela

Today the house is being scented with "Saint Honore" by Astier De Villatte

Today the house is being scented with "La Tournelle" by Astier De Villatte

"Pineapple Cilantro" by Yankee Candle

Today the house is being scented with "Aoyama" by Astier De Villatte

Today the house is being scented with "Alger" by Astier De Villatte

Today the house is being scented with "Anchorage" by Astier De Villatte

Today the house is being scented with "Brasilia" by Astier De Villatte

Today the house is being scented with "Broadway" by Astier De Villatte

A cheapie candle, "Cedar Magnolia".

Today the house is being scented with "Cabourg" by Astier De Villatte

Today the house is being scented with "Delphes" by Astier De Villatte

Sillage Monster

Today is the inaugural burn of my new Diptyque Eucalyptus candle. Eucalyptus trees are prevalent here in Southern California, where they were planted to serve as windbreaks for agricultural fields. There a sense of place and authenticity to this scent, in keeping with how Diptyque draws creative inspiration from various geographical regions.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    Today is the inaugural burn of my new Diptyque Eucalyptus candle. Eucalyptus trees are prevalent here in Southern California, where they were planted to serve as windbreaks for agricultural fields. There a sense of place and authenticity to this scent, in keeping with how Diptyque draws creative inspiration from various geographical regions.
    Very nice! You seem to have been enjoying this house a lot lately. Have you explored any of their other candles?

Sillage Monster

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRF View Post
    Very nice! You seem to have been enjoying this house a lot lately. Have you explored any of their other candles?
    Yes, several:
    Cypres
    Patchouli
    Bois Cire' (waxed wood)
    John Galliano
    Redoute'

The last two are my favorites. John Galliano smells like a Old School men's club lounge with tobacco, leather, and polished wood. Redoute' smells like a chilly crypt scented with potpourri.

Yes, several:
    Cypres
    Patchouli
    Bois Cire' (waxed wood)
    John Galliano
    Redoute'

The last two are my favorites. John Galliano smells like a Old School men's club lounge with tobacco, leather, and polished wood. Redoute' smells like a chilly crypt scented with potpourri.
    They sound like something I would enjoy. I haven't ever smelled a Diptyque candle yet. Am I correct in believing they have a boutique in South Coast Plaza?

Sillage Monster

They sound like something I would enjoy. I haven't ever smelled a Diptyque candle yet. Am I correct in believing they have a boutique in South Coast Plaza?
    Yes, there is a Diptyque store at SCP, and it's a quite nice one. All of the candles are out on display and they help you sniff them by releasing the candle from it's container for a stronger smelling experience.

Yes, there is a Diptyque store at SCP, and it's a quite nice one. All of the candles are out on display and they help you sniff them by releasing the candle from it's container for a stronger smelling experience.
    I must have walked by at least a dozen times, but never ventured in. I'll be sure to have a look.

Sillage Monster

I must have walked by at least a dozen times, but never ventured in. I'll be sure to have a look.
    It's easy to miss if you're not looking for it!