Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default SOTD: Monday, 1st June, 2020

Scent of the Day Thread for Monday, 1st June, 2020

Useful Links
    * SOTD for yesterday, Sunday, 31st May, 2020 (FFD)
    * SOTD for yesterday, Sunday, 31st May, 2020 (MFD)
    * SOTD Feature

Basenotes Robot's SOTD
    Today I'm wearing: Isa Rose by Ulric de Varens

Bloop bloop bleep

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: SOTD: Monday, 1st June, 2020

Vetiver Sensuel by Mancera

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Monday, 1st June, 2020

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Freed from BN Institution

Going with YSL Kouros
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

I'm wearing Doe in the Snow for the first day of winter.

Hugs to all!
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Basenotes Institution

Have a great day everyone.

hello all,

Basenotes Plus

Hello all,

Sea Marin by Heeley
    "Be realistic, demand the impossible “...Che Guevara

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. All the best to everyone for the week ahead . Back to the daily grind with Laura Biagiotti - Venezia Uomo.

Hello all you fine-smelling people!

I am wearing Fragonard's Fleur d'Oranger for yet another
    sunny day. This perfume always makes me smile.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Blog Entries

Morning all!

l'm heading out to the garden shortly in Golden Paradise.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Dependent

------------------------------------------------
    For what its worth!

Basenotes Plus

Derviche... by Rogue Perfumery
    fa shizzle...

Hello!
    As the situation is getting better and better everyday in Lithuania and most of the restrictions are already lifted, I visited my relatives this weekend. It was such a joy to finally see them. I really hope I'm not the unsymptomic carrier though, as I'm the only one living in the capital where most of the cases are. D:

Keeping it cheerful and fresh today with Les Amoureux de Peynet by Molinard.
    I hope you're all doing well.

Good morning everyone For the last day of my week off it's 18 degrees and I plan to stay as much as possible outdoors Sotd is Daim blond.

Creed Windsor

Basenotes Plus

Foxbins inspired me last week with her 17 sprays of Osmanthe Yunnan by Hermes. I realized I'd never sniffed it, and I absolutely love the smell of osmanthus. So today I tried 8 sprays of my new decant, and... 17 sprays would have been marginally better.

For about 15 minutes it's sheer heaven, an almost exact replica of the blossoms of our Tea Olive trees (osmanthus fragrans). And then nothing. Literally nothing. Beyond ephemeral, just plain gone. Even where I sprayed on fabric it lasted maybe 5 minutes longer. The idea of charging Hermessence-size prices for this seems like a cruel joke.

But it was a very beautiful 15 minutes.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTD

Basenotes Plus

ClockworkAlice, great to hear how well Lithuania is doing compared to the shambles here. Restrictions are being lifted too early and some measures are being brought in far too late. With many people completely disregarding the advice anyway I wouldn't be surprised if we are back to square one in a few weeks.

SotE - Liquid Karl.

Kouros

Sillage Monster

Hello all,

I'm wearing Diptyque Volutes today.

I am saddened by the violence occurring in the US and the causes leading to it, both the Floyd killing and the underlying inequalities. I was awakened in the middle of the night by the sound of helicopters, presumably on their way to an incident. We're in desperate need of moral leadership.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Oh, Cook.bot, I'm so sorry you didn't get better longevity from OY. It becomes a skin scent on me very quickly, too, but after 17 sprays I can still smell it for a few hours. I agree that Hermessence prices are crazy for such a short-lived fragrance.

Today I'm wearing Tuberose Gardenia, with nothing planned other than a walk and mowing the lawn. It might be a reading day.
    If you can't smell me from six feet away, I'm not wearing enough.

It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    Hello all,

I'm wearing Diptyque Volutes today.

I am saddened by the violence occurring in the US and the causes leading to it, both the Floyd killing and the underlying inequalities. I was awakened in the middle of the night by the sound of helicopters, presumably on their way to an incident. We're in desperate need of moral leadership.

Trilby, it has been the main headline on the news here too and I agree with your sentiments word for word.

I’m with you, Trilby Lark. Absolutely furious this morning at the destruction done to my city, and about Mr. Floyd’s unnecessary death. Two wrongs do not make a right. Only a bunch more wrong. Completely agree that we need healthy moral beliefs. We are not so strong and good as human beings that we can do without a moral foundation; on the contrary, we are naturally flawed and need help. Boy, do we need help.

Still, though I am flawed and human, I smell fantastic! Chamade PdT for me today. The sun is shining, temps are nice, a beautiful day. I’d best get out there and enjoy before muggy Indiana summer arrives! May we all have a nice start to a new week.

Blog Entries

Agreeing wholeheartedly with Trilby & Jon.

l've enjoyed socially distancing from the rest of the world in my garden today, & this evening l'm draining my sample of She Belongs There.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Frederic Malle Eau de Magnolia
    How do you know what a French whorehouse smells like?

Hello everyone, going with Cuir d'Ange today.

Jon, I hope the situation in UK will get better as soon as possible.
    We are afraid of the second wave, too, but further lockdown would leave too many people without any income and people were starting to be unhappy. Some are even saying we're opening up too late, but I don't agree with them. In this case we were lucky being a small and insignificant country with not too many tourists, business trips and flights and the government that had enough sense to lock us down early. But since we had it fairly easy, now a number of people think that coronavirus is not a threat at all, and paid Russian commentators and trolls keep posting all kinds of disinformation all over media... Ugh.

I wonder if someone is paid to fuel the anger of the masses even more over the sad events in USA, too. Some governments just love to see the Western world burn.
    My heart is bleeding that such events as the Floyd's death and discrimination is still happening, and my heart bleeds again when reading the news on riots and destruction, too. I... don't know what to say.

Hello, and I agree with trilby, Jon, teardrop and PerfumedLady, though I am can only imagine the sense of despair and hopelessness that I suspect led to *some* of the damage done - Which doesn't make it right, but to me puts it in a different perspective. That said, I am wholeheartedly with the peaceful demonstrators here - only reason we didn't attend the Boston demonstrations in person was COVID quarantine.

kewart, the Fragonard is my favorite orange blossom fragrance! Glad to have a fellow enthusiast.

I'm sharing the house with Roberto today in Hermes Eau des Merveilles.

Eau des Merveilles fragrance notes: Vetiver, Oak, Cedar, Ambergris, Lemon, Orange, Elemi, Pink Pepper.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 2nd June 2020 at 12:01 PM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson