Code of Conduct

Talking Watermelon fragrance recommendations?

Hey all, I don't suppose anyone knows of any fragrances with a watermelon note? Could be fine fragrance, body spray, room spray - I don't mind

I've never come across one, so I'm hoping someone among you all has!
    I'll always make time for cats and roses

My great loves:
    Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleue, Caron Pour un Homme, Dune, Fat Electrician, Oxford and Cambridge, Eau de Campagne, Elixir des Merveilles, Sarrasins, MKK, Ambre Sultan, Tocade, Dzing!

Current obsessions:
    Le Temps d'Une Fête, Tom of Finland, Jasmin et Cigarette, Dirty (not dirty at all )

"Perfume is an invisible art form, and yet one of the most evocative and personal."

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Watermelon fragrance recommendations?

Mezzanote by Galimard is one I enjoy.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

To certain extents, do subjectively and personally get quite convincing watermelon notes from Acqua di Gio by Armani and from Royal Water by Creed.

But if wanting to go even more inexpensively with almost equally credible rendition of a natural, zesty, fresh, pleasantly relaxing and energetic watermelon smell there is also the body spray and/or hair mist (not hair spray per se, far more with a scenting than a hair styling/care/cosmetic function) by Alverde, an upmarket organic in house brand of German cosmetics retailer DM and/or from its even more affordable brand Balea.
    Currently wearing: Marbert Homme by Marbert

Have you tried Reaction by Kenneth Cole?

Lanvin Modern Princess Blooming has a very convincing watermelon impression - sweet, juicy, refreshing and summery.

Annayake Love for Him
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

kenneth cole reaction is severely underrated. I need to start wearing that more often

Quote Originally Posted by anotherlemontree View Post
    Hey all, I don't suppose anyone knows of any fragrances with a watermelon note? Could be fine fragrance, body spray, room spray - I don't mind

If you're just looking for a quick and easy body spray, B&BW surely has a watermelon scent. I dated a girl that used to wear a watermelon scent from there but they usually change their scents up every season, so I don't know if they still have it.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Freed from BN Institution

Shay and Bue Watermelon. The watermelon note is short lived though.

If you don't mind salt, Creed Millesime Imperial is a good choice.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Basenotes Plus

The only watermelon vibe in a fragrance that I own is Michael Jordan 23. It's simple, but refreshing. Rarely use it though.

Creed Milliseme Imperial

Fantastic watermelon, salty ambergris

Does anyone here feel EROLFA is a watermelon scent or just a regular melon scent?

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Interesting to see so many people mention Millesime Imperial. I don’t get watermelon from this one. Maybe it’s a batch thing, or perhaps me being fooled by the absence of watermelon in the note list. Maybe it’s just a case of us perceiving the same stuff differently.

Interesting, I get melon from Acqua di Gio, but definitely not watermelon! I wore that one throughout the late 90s and early 00s

My great loves:
    Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleue, Caron Pour un Homme, Dune, Fat Electrician, Oxford and Cambridge, Eau de Campagne, Elixir des Merveilles, Sarrasins, MKK, Ambre Sultan, Tocade, Dzing!

Current obsessions:
    Le Temps d'Une Fête, Tom of Finland, Jasmin et Cigarette, Dirty (not dirty at all )

"Perfume is an invisible art form, and yet one of the most evocative and personal."

A convincing impression is just what I'm after. Thank you!

My great loves:

Current obsessions:

Thank you! I just took a peek at the notes and I must say, I'm intrigued (and slightly perplexed!) by the idea of apple, lavender, woods, amber and watermelon all in one place. I think I have to look into getting hold of a sample

My great loves:

Current obsessions:

Interesting, I get melon from Acqua di Gio, but definitely not watermelon! I wore that one throughout the late 90s and early 00s
    I find it a wonderful scent. If you like the original, try the Profumo flanker as well - you may end up liking it more. Not sure I get that much melon in the Profumo but I do see it in a different way each time I west it. It is a superb revision to an existing legend.
    Currently wearing: Eucris by Geo F Trumper

Take a sniff of the relatively inexpensive and less popular Ralph Lauren Blue EdT for men. Very fresh and fruity and in fact suitable for all year round use.
    Currently wearing: Eucris by Geo F Trumper