Code of Conduct

Default what do you think of this formula?

hi! could you please give me your feedback on this formula whether positive or negative? technical opinion in terms of what doesn't make sense in the equation, what other ingredients i should have added, what doesn't work in this formula...etc will be highly appreciated. concentrate smells good now after 2 hours but i know it will change over the next couple of days. full info is in the attached table. many thanks in advance.

% Oil Name
    13.00% HEDIONE HC Firmenich
    8.72% Aurelione® Symrise
    8.18% HABANOLIDE (Firmenich)
    7.35% Ethylene Brassylate
    7.75% Amyl Salicylate (Givaudan) **-15ml
    8.00% Ylang Ylang OLIFFAC 0612 (IFF)
    6.48% Patchouli Oil Indian
    5.00% DEWFRUIT
    0.00% MAGNOLYS® E 956560 (Firmenich)
    4.86% Iris-OA
    4.33% TETRAHYDRO MUGUOL® (IFF)
    4.50% Citronellyl Formate (IFF)
    4.00% YUZUZEST ABJ 7091
    3.00% Galaxolide
    2.20% Phenyl Acetaldehyde Dimethyl Acetal (PADMA) - Viridine
    2.43% EXALTOLIDE® TOTAL
    2.16% OZOFLEUR ( IFF )
    1.56% Anther (Givaudan)
    1.40% ISO BUTAVAN ( Walsh )
    1.10% CYCLOZONAL™
    1.08% MEIJIFF (IFF) (Sample)
    1.00% CYCLAMEN ALDEHYDE EXTRA
    0.95% DOREMOX ® (Firmenich)
    0.40% Ethyl Linalool
    0.32% CYCLOPIDENE (Firmenich)
    0.20% Benzyl Acetate
    0.03% Aldehyde Supra
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thank you,
    Amr

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: what do you think of this formula?

I don't know all the components so I can't even imagine how things work together but the amount of Anther seems quite frivolous. If it somehow works anyway then good for you. I've wanted to overdose it for quite a while already but didn't manage to make it work.

Many thanks, Xii
    Thank you,
    Amr

Basenotes Junkie

is different and more balanced than this...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/477...ere-a-progress

uhmmm....for my taste: I would reduce the total of 15% ylang+amyil salic (8/10% max)........i would add some citrus for head,10/12% at least.......4,3% citronellyl formiate are strong,I would at least halve it....same think with anther and padma.....I would raise the benz.acet. and eth.linal. percentage at least 3-4 times.......add a touch of sweet base : sweet amber or wooody sweet base or other sweet....add a little touch of ambrettolide...

Basenotes Plus

I'm not quite sure what is being meant as "frivolous" for anther, but that percentage is right in line with every demonstration formula on TGSC.

your % for Magnolys is blank, was that intentional?
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Basenotes Junkie

I'm not TGSC. I explained clearly to have had troubles making Anther work in my blends. I hear triple Axel is a trifle for a professional male skater. For me it's quite frivolous as I can hardly change direction while skating.

If we deny people sharing their OWN experiences this place will become even worse than it already is.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by xii View Post
    I'm not TGSC. I explained clearly to have had troubles making Anther work in my blends. I hear triple Axel is a trifle for a professional male skater. For me it's quite frivolous as I can hardly change direction while skating.

If we deny people sharing their OWN experiences this place will become even worse than it already is.
    Hi XII, I wasn't intending to criticize your comment. I said I didn't know what you meant. Then I looked at Anther Demo formulas, and saw lesser percents, and higher percents of use than is in the formula, and stated so. I've not used Anther much, if any, myself. I was simply comparing possibly more common usage percentages by referencing the Demo formulas as a baseline. I am sorry that you took my comments, intended as simple statements, as offensive.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

I think that's a solid formula! Its well built and has a good structure to it. I'm assuming you are going for a Fruity/Floral/Musk Blend. Some notes would be to maybe lower the percentage of Dewfruit and Anther. I've had experiences with using them both and they can easily take over the composition, especially anther. That being said, the other other components look like they could work well with them and possibly even balance out the Anther and Dewfruit.

On a side note, I highly recommend formulating your compositions using 10% dilutions of all your materials. It helps to prevent you from coming anosmic, and also lets you evaluate your composition's smell much more accurately. Plus, it allows you to extend the life of your materials so you are free to make more mistakes without worrying about excessive waste.

All in all, with that much musk in your blend, I'm sure everything is tamed down enough to correct for minor dosage errors and it looks like you've got something good going! Looking forward to hearing how it turns out .

I love MAGNOLYS® E. Did you remove it from the formula? It shows 0%

Basenotes Junkie

My cautious attitude towards Anther is certainly subjective. I actually like its odour straight up but I also learnt it ruthlessly exposes weakness that frequently follows initial blast of perfume opening.

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    I am sorry that you took my comments, intended as simple statements, as offensive.
    I'm sorry, I might have become touchy. Otherwise I assume good intent which easily gets the better of my being paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    I'm not quite sure what is being meant as "frivolous" for anther, but that percentage is right in line with every demonstration formula on TGSC.

your % for Magnolys is blank, was that intentional?
    It was there in one of the trials before i replace it with Iris.
    Thank you,
    Amr

Quote Originally Posted by Pharmacist_Blender View Post
    I love MAGNOLYS® E. Did you remove it from the formula? It shows 0%
    Yes i replaced it with Iris. I agree Magnolys is beautiful but it was too week for the Ylang. Iris was a good replacement.
    Thank you,
    Amr

Quote Originally Posted by Levanthenon View Post
    I think that's a solid formula! Its well built and has a good structure to it. I'm assuming you are going for a Fruity/Floral/Musk Blend. Some notes would be to maybe lower the percentage of Dewfruit and Anther. I've had experiences with using them both and they can easily take over the composition, especially anther. That being said, the other other components look like they could work well with them and possibly even balance out the Anther and Dewfruit.

On a side note, I highly recommend formulating your compositions using 10% dilutions of all your materials. It helps to prevent you from coming anosmic, and also lets you evaluate your composition's smell much more accurately. Plus, it allows you to extend the life of your materials so you are free to make more mistakes without worrying about excessive waste.

All in all, with that much musk in your blend, I'm sure everything is tamed down enough to correct for minor dosage errors and it looks like you've got something good going! Looking forward to hearing how it turns out .
    Many thanks for your comment and your valuable advice. (how did you know i don't dilute? )
    Thank you,
    Amr

Quote Originally Posted by Geco View Post
    is different and more balanced than this...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/477...ere-a-progress

uhmmm....for my taste: I would reduce the total of 15% ylang+amyil salic (8/10% max)........i would add some citrus for head,10/12% at least.......4,3% citronellyl formiate are strong,I would at least halve it....same think with anther and padma.....I would raise the benz.acet. and eth.linal. percentage at least 3-4 times.......add a touch of sweet base : sweet amber or wooody sweet base or other sweet....add a little touch of ambrettolide...
    Being just a beginner, I'm glad you're comparing these two together. i'll try to follow your advice re Ylang and Amyil Salic but i intentionally didn't want to use citrus and wood as much as i can as a main note. Many thanks, Geco
    Thank you,
    Amr