Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche

It’s my favourite from the Allure line. It wasn’t the first one I tried but it was the one I kept coming back to whenever I sampled the Allures. This one for me is an example of being unable to pinpoint why I prefer one fragrance above all from the same line: I just do!

I agree with H_West above in that it doesn’t have a sharp lemon note and I love a sharp lemon note. However, this softer lemon works with this fragrance.

It ranks as one of the most asked about fragrances I’ve worn and I always laugh when asked, “what are you wearing” because it’s a mouthful of a fragrance to name! It doesn’t do too badly for me performance wise. It’s one of those that is very noticeable for the first few hours but you catch throughout the day, I actually wore it for a few days on the trot in December a few years ago and was surprised to find it didn’t perform too badly on cold days. To be honest it is one I’d be usually more inclined to wear on a spring or summer day though.
    I might dig it out and have it as my scent of the day actually as I’ve not worn it for a while.

Being that this thread was being commented on not long ago I thought I would ask this question here! "Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche" is the one fragrance I was really hoping to add to my collection this summer! Unfortunately, when I went to the Chanel website to go purchase it I noticed that the 3.4 ounce bottles are on backorder! Does anyone have any experience with how long I might be waiting for new stock from Chanel to come in? I really did not see this coming! Especially after waiting so long to get my hands on this fragrance! Ugh!

When I tried it it smelled like a lemon mousse.
    "True change is within; leave the outside as it is."
    Dalai Lama

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by DolceThaDon View Post
    Being that this thread was being commented on not long ago I thought I would ask this question here! "Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche" is the one fragrance I was really hoping to add to my collection this summer! Unfortunately, when I went to the Chanel website to go purchase it I noticed that the 3.4 ounce bottles are on backorder! Does anyone have any experience with how long I might be waiting for new stock from Chanel to come in? I really did not see this coming! Especially after waiting so long to get my hands on this fragrance! Ugh!
    Tell me about it. I went to order it this morning and got the same backorder message. I bit the bullet and bought the 5 ounce.
    The last time I had a Chanel on backorder I had to wait 3 weeks.
    Before ordering @ Chanel I tried: Macy's, Bloomingdale's, Saks, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Sephora, and Nordstrom's all to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by dealt7faux View Post
    I bit the bullet and bought the 5 ounce.
    Can there even be another answer when the question is, "What should I do when the 3.4-ounce is on backorder?"

I'm joking, of course - someone could get a 50-ml, or two.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    Can there even be another answer when the question is, "What should I do when the 3.4-ounce is on backorder?"

I'm joking, of course - someone could get a 50-ml, or two.
    Well, I did have a Visa gift card.

Quote Originally Posted by dealt7faux View Post
    Tell me about it. I went to order it this morning and got the same backorder message. I bit the bullet and bought the 5 ounce.
    The last time I had a Chanel on backorder I had to wait 3 weeks.
    Before ordering @ Chanel I tried: Macy's, Bloomingdale's, Saks, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Sephora, and Nordstrom's all to no avail.
    Thank you for the information! I am going to have to wait for the 3.4 ounce bottle because that's the size I want as the rest of my Chanel Allure Homme line are all 3.4 ounce bottles & I want them to match! I really hope it won't be to long!

So I have an update on my whole backorder situation! I had just finally received an email from Chanel notifying me that the Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche was back in stock! Unfortunately the email went to my junk email folder! By the time saw it a day or two went by! Of course I quickly ran to go grab my card so I could order a bottle! I get to the website & guess what? The 3.4 ounce bottles are already on backorder again! After just a day or two? How absurd! I would've expected better from Chanel! Now by the time I get my hands on this fragrance the summer will almost be over! So disappointing! Just my luck!

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

I just find it dull.

Allure Homme Sport Cologne is my favourite from that line, easily.
    Currently wearing: Aqua Amara by Bulgari

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    I just find it dull.

Allure Homme Sport Cologne is my favourite from that line, easily.
    Is that the original release from 2006 or the rerelease from 2017?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

I find it something that simply smells like something I'd never want to smell of. It's weird, like someone said, lemon mousse or lemon pie, yes it smells like that. I have no idea why anyone would want to smell of this fragrance and yes, I sampled it properly.

I just did a heavy wearing of the edp yesterday, and that application approach worked wonders.

The concentration of the smaller bottle I have is Eau de Toilette Concentree. I believe the only two concentrations of this that have existed are the two I have. The bigger bottle, the edp, is the current version. Edt Concentree was the version right before that. The change was in 2016, or so, I seem to remember. I have never seen a "cologne" version that I have seen mentioned.

Going with a heavy application fixed my longevity issue with the edp. I'm dubious when I see the edp described as a reformulation fail. That is not my experience at all.

I believe the cologne version that was mentioned is "Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne" an entirely different flanker in the Allure Homme line.. Anyways being that you own both versions of "Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche" what differences do you get from the EDTC & the EDP? Some say there is a big difference, others say they are almost identical? I have the EDP on backorder so I'm hoping for the best but do they actually smell different?

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Is that the original release from 2006 or the rerelease from 2017?
    The EdT Concentree version, I've tried it several times between 2012 and 2020.
    Currently wearing: Aqua Amara by Bulgari

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by mfinz8 View Post
    I find it something that simply smells like something I'd never want to smell of.
    LOL!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I believe the cologne version that was mentioned is "Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne" an entirely different flanker in the Allure Homme line.. Anyways being that you own both versions of "Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche" what differences do you get from the EDTC & the EDP? Some say there is a big difference, others say they are almost identical? I have the EDP on backorder so I'm hoping for the best but do they actually smell different?
    I do know about Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne, which was formerly Allure Homme Sport Cologne Sport, I seem to recall. I've never seen a "cologne" version of Edition Blanche.

I think I could tell the edt concentree and the edp apart if I could wear them side-by-side a whole day. The older version stays stronger in the base when I've done it before. More recently, I just sprayed extra with the edp, and that has been the best wearing of this I've had in the base. I like the edp a little more than the edt conc., but it's not a big difference, at all. We've also had the shower gel.
    Last edited by Bavard; 29th June 2020 at 01:27 PM.

This is kind of odd but I thought I would post another update.. I waited a while until "Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche" was back in stock on the Chanel website only to be back on backorder before I could place my order.. I then placed an order even though it still says the item is on backorder only to receive an email with a tracking number today notifying me that the item is on it's way! That was quite the surprise! Not sure if there is a mix up on their website or if they decided to ship a bottle out to me being that I sent them an email complaining? Anyways I should receive my bottle within the next day or two! Can't wait!
    Last edited by DolceThaDon; 30th June 2020 at 03:12 AM.

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    The EdT Concentree version, I've tried it several times between 2012 and 2020.
    I think you've mistaken it with Edition Blanche.

I was referring to the Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne, Cologne Sport that was originally released in 2006.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Anyways I should receive my bottle within the next day or two! Can't wait!
    Congrats and enjoy!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Congrats and enjoy!
    Thanks! Just got my bottle of "Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche Eau De Parfum" yesterday! I wore a couple sprays yesterday & today but unfortunately have not been able to smell much! If it wasn't for the fact that I wore this at the airport once, I would have been disappointed but I figure I must either be having an anosmic episode or the humidity the last two days killed the fragrance on my skin or perhaps the bottle needs to air out & age a bit? I don't know! What I do smell so far smells amazing though!