Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Default Your Top 3 Pure Oud oil under $300/3ml?

    Just curious, which are your top 3 pure Oud oils that cost under USD$300 per 2.5~3ml? stuff that are still in production in recent past, not something have been discontinued or became extinct ;-)
    Last edited by ben805; 29th June 2020 at 07:35 PM.

  2. #2
    Super Member FragSyndrome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    250

    Default Your Top 3 Pure Oud oil under $300/3ml?

    Iím no Oud expert and canít advise. I would however like to add that many times, oils are sold in 2.5ml bottles - Iím assuming thatís close enough to your 3ml/300 price range to be included?

    What kind of Oud profiles are you looking for?
    Are you looking to layer these with fragrances or indent to wear them on their own?

    Iíd love to hear the communityís feedback as well. Personally, I absolutely love those aromatic menthol notes in Oud. If someone could throw one of those in the mix it would be awesome.
    Currently wearing: Musk Khabib by Bortnikoff

  3. #3

    Default Re: Your Top 3 Pure Oud oil under $300/3ml?

    Do you mean currently available? Good budget oud from specialist suppliers tends to run out fast. So if you mean, ďwhere have you found the best sub-$300 ouds in the recent past?Ē That is one thing and I have some thoughts. If the question is which sub-$300 ouds currently available... that I have no answer for from personal experience.

    The question about region or profile is a critical one because there are lots of cheap acceptable thai ouds out there but the Thai profile gets old pretty quickly and only scratches a small part of the oud itch.

    So, in general, From the reviews I have read, you can get Thai oud with some nice balance of notes from
    many different sources at that price point.

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    330

    Default Re: Your Top 3 Pure Oud oil under $300/3ml?

    I got a killer deal on an aged wild Cambodian oil from 94’ from Elixir Attars. It smells fantastic and was $295

    Agarwood Assam Rhaj Khmer is a fantastic oil that is like $250 or so for 2.5ml has just enough barn to make it sing and project

    Ensar Oud Nagalayyen it’s like $195 for 3 grams I think. It’s the PERFECT barnyard oil without the fermentation notes. Just deeeeep plum, tobacco, dried fruit and heavy resinous drydown. Major tenacity. Fills a room with a swipe.

    Ensar Oud Oud Yaquob i don’t know the exact price but it’s under $300 for 2.5 grams. One of the best Trat oils I’ve smelled

    Zaza Zen is under $200 for 3 grams if you can find it. One of the best budget oils I’ve smelled.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Your Top 3 Pure Oud oil under $300/3ml?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
    Do you mean currently available? So if you mean, “where have you found the best sub-$300 ouds in the recent past?” That is one thing and I have some thoughts.
    yes and yes :-)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    I got a killer deal on an aged wild Cambodian oil from 94’ from Elixir Attars. It smells fantastic and was $295

    Agarwood Assam Rhaj Khmer is a fantastic oil that is like $250 or so for 2.5ml has just enough barn to make it sing and project

    Ensar Oud Nagalayyen it’s like $195 for 3 grams I think. It’s the PERFECT barnyard oil without the fermentation notes. Just deeeeep plum, tobacco, dried fruit and heavy resinous drydown. Major tenacity. Fills a room with a swipe.

    Ensar Oud Oud Yaquob i don’t know the exact price but it’s under $300 for 2.5 grams. One of the best Trat oils I’ve smelled

    Zaza Zen is under $200 for 3 grams if you can find it. One of the best budget oils I’ve smelled.
    That's a great list of examples, thanks much for sharing ;-)

  6. #6
    Super Member FragSyndrome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    250

    Default Re: Your Top 3 Pure Oud oil under $300/3ml?

    Brandon from Therapeutic Fragrance recommended "Oud Extraordinaire" from Ensar as an optimal pairing to Oud Maximus. I trust that guy so I got a 3 gram bottle. It also looks like Ensar is having an oud sale right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by FragSyndrome(YouTube)
    Off/On topic - could you recommend a still-available and preferably affordable oud oil to layer with Oud Maximus (original version) that would enhance and elevate it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapeutic Fragrance(YouTube)
    Oud Extraordinaire from Ensar. It's on sale right now and is one of my favs especially at the price. If your not into oud it looks expensive, but it's an extremely affordable oud that delivers a lot of goodness. Oud Yaqoub is good for a softer pleasing oud, but for maximus would do Extraordinaire.
    Currently wearing: Musk Khabib by Bortnikoff

  7. #7
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    330

    Default Re: Your Top 3 Pure Oud oil under $300/3ml?

    Quote Originally Posted by FragSyndrome View Post
    Brandon from Therapeutic Fragrance recommended "Oud Extraordinaire" from Ensar as an optimal pairing to Oud Maximus. I trust that guy so I got a 3 gram bottle. It also looks like Ensar is having an oud sale right now.
    I really didn’t like Oud Extraordaniere. It has no projection and very little silage. It doesn’t last very long and is one of the weakest scent profiles from Ensar. I was really bummed purchasing a bottle. It smells nice but Zaza Zen is literally the cheaper, longer lasting, and tenacious version of OE. OE is also the thickest oil I’ve ever seen. You can’t really pour it out of the bottle it’s so thick. I swear to god it’s like the consistency of candy.

  8. #8
    Super Member FragSyndrome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    250

    Default Re: Your Top 3 Pure Oud oil under $300/3ml?

    Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    I really didnít like Oud Extraordaniere. It has no projection and very little silage. It doesnít last very long and is one of the weakest scent profiles from Ensar. I was really bummed purchasing a bottle. It smells nice but Zaza Zen is literally the cheaper, longer lasting, and tenacious version of OE. OE is also the thickest oil Iíve ever seen. You canít really pour it out of the bottle itís so thick. I swear to god itís like the consistency of candy.
    Oh no!!! I really hope I didnít just waste that money! Oud oils are hard as hell to sell!
    Currently wearing: Musk Khabib by Bortnikoff

  9. #9

    Default Re: Your Top 3 Pure Oud oil under $300/3ml?

    Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    I really didn’t like Oud Extraordaniere. It has no projection and very little silage. It doesn’t last very long and is one of the weakest scent profiles from Ensar. I was really bummed purchasing a bottle. It smells nice but Zaza Zen is literally the cheaper, longer lasting, and tenacious version of OE. OE is also the thickest oil I’ve ever seen. You can’t really pour it out of the bottle it’s so thick. I swear to god it’s like the consistency of candy.
    That's a shame, OE sounds like some good stuff from the description, wasn't Zaza Zen created by Ensar too?

  10. #10
    Basenotes Member Sultan al Hindi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Hindustan
    Posts
    60

    Default Re: Your Top 3 Pure Oud oil under $300/3ml?

    Quote Originally Posted by ben805 View Post
    Just curious, which are your top 3 pure Oud oils that cost under USD$300 per 2.5~3ml? stuff that are still in production in recent past, not something have been discontinued or became extinct ;-)
    Aside from the EO organics listed above, some of the best bang for your buck winners are from Oudbase right now.Special mention goes to:

    “Funk Meister”-smokey dark choc Bangladeshi/Hindi oud with tobacco and barn notes coming in as you wear it.A very oudy oil I would say.

    ''Thai P''-not the usual Thai DNA in this one.Has a great oudy backbone throughout the scent profile with the typical thai sweetness purring away in the background.At 170 usd its an absolute STEAL! Very beautiful indeed.

    I have one of their sri lankan oils on the way which I have heard great things about, buts its slightly above your price limit at 320 USD.Sri Lankans are probably my favourite to wear in the summer along with Malaysian ouds!

    P.S if you're after great affordable Hindi ouds (159 usd for 3g), there is no place better than Tajul Bakhshi from Assam, India.You can get in contact with him at http://assamaromas.com/about-us




Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 93
    Last Post: 25th June 2017, 02:48 AM
  2. Replies: 84
    Last Post: 4th June 2012, 11:51 AM
  3. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 2nd February 2012, 03:54 AM
  4. AZZARO PURE SERIES: Pure Vetiver, Pure Lavender & Pure Cedrat
    By Andrewthecologneguy in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 18th September 2010, 07:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000