Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa or Acqua Di Parma Colonia Essenza

Which do you feel is the most versatile and better fragrance with performance and smell?
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Default Re: Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa or Acqua Di Parma Colonia Essenza

Just wore Essenza today. It's my favorite from the whole line, just because it smells better than the rest. It's fresh, soapy and has an interesting neroli note. I find it also very elegant.

Sound Scents

Essenze is far superior smell-wise, IMO.
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Jasmin Antique (Rogue Perfumery)
    3) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills) - tie
    3) Giorgio V.I.P. Special Reserve (Giorgio Beverly Hills) - tie

5) Dia pour Homme vintage edt (Amouage)

6)
    Anat Fritz and its reissue, called Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    8) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    8) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie

Currently wearing: Aura for Women by Jacomo

Essenza is probably my favourite from the entire AdP lineup. Smells great and I get very good performance. Many of the others just miss the mark. The original Colonia would be a close second choice.
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

Even if off-topic, if neither of the two are for some reason (at least not for now) an option, also adding Colonia Assoluta worth considering as an alternative option/honorable mention both in terms of performance and of versatility

I prefered Assoluta but now I only have Essenza. I think I now prefer Adp Essenza. I find it more solid with better projection and it has a very elegant and atractive soapy vibe.

I think they are all very versatile and smell great, but Intensa is my favorite of all of them

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Acqua Di Parma Colonia Essenza

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Intensa is the only ADP Colonia that gets a thumbs down. On the other hand, Essenza is very close to the original and is quite nice......

I've only smelled Intensa but I really enjoy the cardamom and ginger in it. Not enough to warrant a bottle at the moment though. I may have to try Essenza as well.
    "No one wants advice - only corroboration." - John Steinbeck

Freed from BN Institution

Acqua Di Parma Colonia Essenza is more versatile of the two, my favorite would be the original Colonia by far.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Essenza is more versatile. They’re both worth owning, though. Intensa works better in cold weather.

Start with the original colonia, preferably vintage. All other AdPs are distant seconds to the original beauty.

Stachydrine hydrochloride is extracted from the flower of Chrysanthemum parthenium. It promoted the protein expression of IL-12 and IL-6, as well as the mRNA expression of T-bet and RORγt, while inhibiting the mRNA expression of GATA-3 and Foxp3.

Quote Originally Posted by bocsciences View Post
    Stachydrine hydrochloride is extracted from the flower of Chrysanthemum parthenium. It promoted the protein expression of IL-12 and IL-6, as well as the mRNA expression of T-bet and RORγt, while inhibiting the mRNA expression of GATA-3 and Foxp3.
    Right. Can I pick up chicks with it?

Colonia Intensa is better for ME.

Essenza is very classic smelling with great performance. I think it might suit you well.

Default Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa or Acqua Di Parma Colonia Essenza

Assoluta

I own Essenza and Assoluta and while I agree that Essenza is probably a bit more versatile, I prefer Assoluta. Haven‘t tried Intensa yet, but planning on rotating through all of them (Colonia Futura!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The neroli of Essenza turned me off as it’s not a favorite note of mine. I use the Intensa regularly, but performance is not great.

Assoluta is (was, it's been discontinued about 12 months ago) my favourite of the 3.

I'd look in to trying Pura. It's not spoken about very often but it's maybe the most versatile/wearable of the lot. The whole line veers a bit too 'old school' or 'hand soap' for my tastes and I'd say Pura fixes a lot of that.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Essenza is the best in ADP line. Intensa is not even close in my book.

Maybe I'm the only one with this opinion, but I honestly think that the original Colonia smells far better than Essenza.
    Performance isn't that good of course.
    But I would rather wear Colonia and respray than wearing Essenza.

Basenotes Plus

I would say Guerlain Le Frenchy.