Code of Conduct

Default Dior Dune Pour Homme - legit check

got this sealed 50ml vintage off ebay for $75. seller had great feedback/rating. apologies in advance for the weird cropping. the shape of the bottle is normal at least so that shouldn't be an issue

the biggest concern i have is with the code. ####letter (this one is 7464L) seems like a code type that doesn't show up anywhere else with Dior fragrances

2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    6.jpg
    7.jpg
    (was sealed, but there's this torn off sticker area on the bottom of the box somehow. could it have been re-sealed with new cellophane?)
    1.jpg
    last thing, the CD sticker looks unlike any others i've seen on Dior packaging, though maybe this is an actual 1997 box or something and that's the color sticker they used. not sure

thanks for any help

Default Re: Dior Dune Pour Homme - legit check

Oddly, http://checkcosmetic.net shows it's from 1987 which can't be accurate since it debuted in 1997.
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626
    Currently wearing: Néroli Sauvage by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    http://checkcosmetic.net shows it's from 1987.
    Dune pour homme came ou tin 1997. checkfresh shows 2017 but codes get repeated every 10 years. it can't be 2007 cause the bottle has "Christian Dior" and not just "Dior." Could it really be a legit 1997 bottle? I hope it's that and not just me getting scammed lol

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Looks OK to me.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Sites like check cosmetics are notoriously unreliable. I wouldn't trust them....

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by annetteo View Post
    Sites like check cosmetics are notoriously unreliable. I wouldn't trust them....
    Agree.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Look up raidersofthelostblogspot it has a vast section on how to recognise Dior perfumes, batch codes etc. This looks to be a 1997 bottle according to them. They are pretty much The Bible.