Code of Conduct

Default Made my first in person major store Purchase in covid era

A bit odd but worked out. Been wanting Louis Vuitton neauvou monde for a while now. Went to the mall and the LV store. They had a rope blocking entrance. Worker asked how he could help. I said I want to smell Nm and I’d like buy. He had an associate got a spray card while I waited outside store. Is Said yes I want to buy. He took my cc and a rep there did the transaction in store why I waited outside LV door in mall. Got my bag and left. He did ask if I needed anything else and I said now.

While I waited the lady after me wanted a specific purse. They told her she couldn’t come in it was by appt only but if she got on list it would be an hour. Also she could buy online and is they had at store on site she could get and they would package.

It was odd but fine. I really like N monde

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Made my first in person major store Purchase in covid era

Nouveau Monde is nice. Sounds like the surreal experience was worth it.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Swiss Army by Swiss Army

Good that the stores are starting to reopen, if in such a silly way.

Makes me want to buy something in person as well. But not sure there's much here in DC (also because there is currently no subway to the exurban malls where fancy stores are).

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    He took my cc and a rep there did the transaction in store why I waited outside LV door in mall. Got my bag and left.
    That was pretty easy.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I suppose that from a particular point of view LV was able to prioritize fragrance purchasers. Mind you, it probably helped that you could verify in advance that you wanted it, and then confirm it after the card test. Perhaps they know that people looking at bags/clothing/accessories - even those who say they’ve chosen the item - still require an SC to spend time with them so that they can examine the product closely.

btw, congrats on the Nouveau Monde! . . . that is one of two standouts for me from the collection pertaining to Autumn/Winter/Spring seasons. I suspect once I get my nose on one of the colognes/Summer scents I’ll at least add a 3rd.

Congratulations and enjoy your new purchase. While it may seem a bit unusual given the current situation, still sounds like an altogether pleasant experience.

Freed from BN Institution

Glad it worked out even if it plenty of precautions must take place.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Aubépine-Acacia by Creed

Glad it worked out for you and congrats!

Congrats on your purchase, this really does sound surreal. If I may ask, where are you located?

Also made my frist store purchase some days ago (Lush), I could just walk in there, grab all testers, and so on... only a mask was required. It was pretty empty there. But of course I had to go outside to smell the strips (I really didn‘t want to put something on due to the heat). It must have looked pretty crazy, since I sampled most fragrances they had in store and ran outside several times, each time holding multiple strips

This was in Midwest USA.

I went to another store the following day. Didn’t buy anything. They had zero testers. I repeat: zero testers out. I didn’t ask if I could smell a scent or not I just walked by. Not sure If they would have allowed or has them under the counter

personal testing is out in bricks and mortar unless the store provides gloves -- can't see a way round it. I certainly don't want an SA following me round spouting a lot of nonsense

I will have to take a list of what I want and hope for the best

LV is weird anyway -- you are given a timeslot to see an SA in big stores usually

Wow that is completely crazy to me. But I am glad you were able to get what you went there for.
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

This was in Midwest USA.

I went to another store the following day. Didn’t buy anything. They had zero testers. I repeat: zero testers out. I didn’t ask if I could smell a scent or not I just walked by. Not sure If they would have allowed or has them under the counter
    I do know that Macy's will spray on a card for you if you ask....or in my case, they are still pushy and giving them to you when you aren't even asking, lol.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

Basenotes Junkie

The LV store in our mall (Scottsdale Fashion Square) has reopened over the last month or so, and there has consistently been a line outside of 50-100 people waiting to get in. Until recently, masks weren't required and people were not social distancing in line. It blew my mind that so many people would stand in line during a pandemic to go to a store where a lot of people likely couldn't afford anything. Not shocking that Arizona has been such a hotspot for cases lately when that kind of behavior is the norm here.

I'm glad that it worked out well! Congratulations on your purchase! I used to love Nouveau Monde. Louis Vuitton almost always had kind and helpful workers. Not pushy at all. The complete opposite of Macy's!
    Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica
    Currently wearing: Knowing by Estée Lauder

The worker was very polite at LV. It just had the vibe like I was trying to get into a nightclub lol and they had to check to see if I was on the list! It was handled efficiently and safely so I’m not complaining. I wasn’t there to browse as I went to that mall (in St. Louis Frontenac for those familiar) to specifically purchase neauvou monde.

Saks was also open and thy did have some Kilian kiosk sprayers in back should I chose. The regular scents had no sprayers available but where behind the counter out is reach. Bond no 9 deal had zero scents out. It must be killing their business

I'm enjoying Ombre Nomade so much that I want to revisit NM. I still want to get Au Hasard, so it'll be a toss up.

Glad it was semi normal for you. I might call and see if it's the same procedure at my LV store. I definitely want to go sniff if I'm coming in person.
    Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief
    All kill their inspiration and sing about the grief

Well, you were better assisted than in some places that have real horses disguised as SAs working (right Printemps? right Jovoy?)...
    "True change is within; leave the outside as it is."
    Dalai Lama

Congrats on your LV fragrance.
    Currently wearing: Black Orchid by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    I'm enjoying Ombre Nomade so much that I want to revisit NM. I still want to get Au Hasard, so it'll be a toss up.

Glad it was semi normal for you. I might call and see if it's the same procedure at my LV store. I definitely want to go sniff if I'm coming in person.
    Nouveau Monde and Ombre Nomade are pretty similar...at first. They're really quite different once you have worn them both a bunch. When someone says Nouveau Monde and Ombre Nomade are so similar to one another, I know that's a person who doesn't have much experience with them.

Nouveau Monde, though <3 It is fantastic and easier to wear than Ombre Nomade.

I had no problem walking into my local LV (Michigan Avenue Chicago) a week or two ago. They sort of have a velvet rope situation going on, but I didn't have to wait or have an appointment or anything. I picked up a sample of California Dream while I was there.
    Currently wearing: Vétiver by Christian Dior

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Nouveau Monde and Ombre Nomade are pretty similar...at first. They're really quite different once you have worn them both a bunch. When someone says Nouveau Monde and Ombre Nomade are so similar to one another, I know that's a person who doesn't have much experience with them.

I had no problem walking into my local LV (Michigan Avenue Chicago) a week or two ago. They sort of have a velvet rope situation going on, but I didn't have to wait or have an appointment or anything. I picked up a sample of California Dream while I was there.
    I know what you mean. Yeah, I will have to check in store or get a sample (probably both!).

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post

Its been a while since i smelled ombre nomade,but i was blown away by how good it smelled. This was a the LV store in Wynn Las Vegas. But that said, I felt I would rarely wear it as it is very beast mode and would not fit by personality nor style. While the better scent, OM is going to be difficult to wear enough to justify the purchase for me.

Neauvou Monde on the other had i find much easier to wear and still a beautiful scent. So I purchased. I feel I can wear NM to work and most social situations, while I dont think I could go with OM in most situations in my life.

It wasnt a favor but its worth nothing that OM is I believe an extra $65 (330 vs. the 265 i paid)
    Edit: looks like OM is now $360, but I could have sworn last year it was 330. Thats 95 dollars more which is a big difference.

Its been a while since i smelled ombre nomade,but i was blown away by how good it smelled. This was a the LV store in Wynn Las Vegas. But that said, I felt I would rarely wear it as it is very beast mode and would not fit by personality nor style. While the better scent, OM is going to be difficult to wear enough to justify the purchase for me.

Neauvou Monde on the other had i find much easier to wear and still a beautiful scent. So I purchased. I feel I can wear NM to work and most social situations, while I dont think I could go with OM in most situations in my life.

It wasnt a favor but its worth nothing that OM is I believe an extra $65 (330 vs. the 265 i paid)
    Edit: looks like OM is now $360, but I could have sworn last year it was 330. Thats 95 dollars more which is a big difference.
    I've worn ON 6 times just this month alone, mostly at home at nights. But a couple of times, I ventured out with it. I'm just addicted to it at this point and enjoy a spritz or two when the mood strikes. I can only imagine a more wearable (though I think this is so smooth that it's wearable) second cousin. I'd wear it everyday. Yeah, need to check out NM soon.

Ombre Nomade really isn't that strong after the opening. It quiets down a good deal, which a lot of people don't realize if they don't have much experience wearing it.

And yes, it was $330 when it was introduced. Nouveau Monde was $240 when it was introduced. I'm glad I got them when I did because I didn't realize LV was going to subject them to the same price increases that they have regularly for their bags and other leather goods. I'd still like a bottle of Orage, but I'm not sure it's worth the new price.
    Currently wearing: Vétiver by Christian Dior

Sillage Monster

I enjoyed reading about your shopping experience, cameron. I've seen the lines outside the luxury shops at the mall.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Had my first in person shopping experience today at Saks 5th avenue (the flagship actually on 5th avenue). First of all, they really renovated the fragrance department and I feel like they are trying to fill the void left by Barneys. They have literally every brand I could ever imagine, Frederic Malle, Chanel, Hermes, Creed, Le Labo, Byredo, Pehaligons, Diptyque and on and on. I can remember at least Frederic Malle was a brand they did not previously stock. This big renovation happened awhile ago, I'm just late to the game because I always chose to go to Barneys over Saks.

It wasn't very busy and they enforced wearing masks and using hand sanitizer upon entry so I felt pretty safe. You are not supposed to help yourself to fragrances but the sales associates will spray a card and set it on the table for you to pick up, but they will give you a spray on skin if you ask.

The sales associates today were also generous with the samples which was amazing! I never expected to get Chanel exclusives samples without a purchase but she gave me and my friend 4 each, I also got a sample of Parfum de Therese from the Malle counter which I have been dying to try more since I had previously only smelled it on a card. I'm super excited to give the Chanel's a good wearing at home. I had tried a few of them from time to time among other things but none of them really spoke to me, but I always felt they probably needed a full wearing to understand why they are so great. Can't wait to get wearing these over the next few days!

I went to a department store and a small niche boutique recently here in Montreal. No masks required, just hand sanitizer when entering. All the testers were out and available. Starting July 27 masks will be required in all indoor public locations as well as public transit. It’s a bit odd on the timing, as cases and deaths have already declined significantly, but I guess they are either afraid of a resurgence or the public clamoured for it because they are afraid.

everyday i'm samplin'

My local macys didnt have testers. Lame sauce.
    It’s tragic to think that heroic man’s great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    My local macys didnt have testers. Lame sauce.
    Not even behind the counter?
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

everyday i'm samplin'

Not sure. There was no one to ask. Probably did back there. Just not out. Not helpful for me. Im not gonna ask to smell your stuff. Plus, its mostly trash so...
    It’s tragic to think that heroic man’s great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron