Code of Conduct

Default A perfume that smells like Diptique's Rose candle?

Hi all,

I'm burning Diptyque's Rose candle at the moment and it's so gorgeous I'd love to have a scent that smells like that; a big, full bodied, blowsy, slightly vintage, pink rose and not much else. Does anyone know a perfume that smells like this?

I've tried Diptyque's Eau Rose, which is lovely, but very light and lemony, not as full and blowsy as the candle. L'Ombre Dans L'eau is not my jam, the pink rose/bitter green combination strikes me as disjointed.

I've tried other rose soliflores but they never quite hit the mark: Malle's Une Rose is gorgeous, but deep, red and winy, Red Roses by Jo Malone I don't enjoy at all, Sa Majeste La Rose by Lutens is not quite it either, I prefer La Fille de Berlin, but that is more of a jammy rose.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by yellowtone; 30th June 2020 at 12:23 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: A perfume that smells like Diptique's Rose candle?

Hi Yellowtone-

My quest for the perfect rose perfume is on-going and seemingly never-ending, along with the iris one, and the jasmine one, and the...

I’ve never smelled that candle, which sounds lovely, so I can’t make specific suggestions but I assume you have read this comprehensive Retro Roses thread? Perhaps some ideas there.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/434...)-Retro-Roses!

Ohh, thanks, that is an excellent thread! I've tried about half of them already, but so far none of them are IT. I'm apparently very particular about my roses; I love them as part of a blend, but as a soliflore they almost never please me. I'm much more easy to please with other florals; I like many irises, jasmines, and tuberoses, although I'm always on the lookout for the ultimate one.

The Diptyque candle is certainly worth a smell, I'm half considering dipping myself in candle wax to smell like that.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by yellowtone View Post
    I'm half considering dipping myself in candle wax to smell like that.
    LOL!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.