Code of Conduct

Question Signature / work scent (alternative to Prada l'homme)

Hello,

I open this topic to ask for a recommendation, as I'm quite new to frags World (so I can made a selection of frags and go to try them).
    I'm looking for a signature scent for office, suitable for summer (here is warm but not too hot) and last longing.
    I'm in my early 30s and I work as a doctor, so it should be something "professional", not too strong or unusual. I tried Prada l'homme as I like the scent, but I don't know why longevity is really bad on me.

Also, I'm looking for some suggestions about nighttime fragrances.

Actually I own Prada LR Carbon (which I like and I'm using often), Ferragamo F Black (for winter, I like lavander in it), and CK One (was a present, I'm not a fan of it, and I used it occasionally but it's bad not either for the price). Previously I used the discontinued Dsquared he wood rocky mountain, my gf liked it a lot and me too (I'm from a small mountain village and woody scents bring me good memories).

Thanks!

Default Re: Signature / work scent (alternative to Prada l'homme)

Quote Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
    Hello,

I open this topic to ask for a recommendation, as I'm quite new to frags World (so I can made a selection of frags and go to try them).
    I'm looking for a signature scent for office, suitable for summer (here is warm but not too hot) and last longing.
    I'm in my early 30s and I work as a doctor, so it should be something "professional", not too strong or unusual. I tried Prada l'homme as I like the scent, but I don't know why longevity is really bad on me.

Also, I'm looking for some suggestions about nighttime fragrances.

Actually I own Prada LR Carbon (which I like and I'm using often), Ferragamo F Black (for winter, I like lavander in it), and CK One (was a present, I'm not a fan of it, and I used it occasionally but it's bad not either for the price). Previously I used the discontinued Dsquared he wood rocky mountain, my gf liked it a lot and me too (I'm from a small mountain village and woody scents bring me good memories).

Thanks!
    Hello Cesc and welcome to basenotes! I was told (and it seems to be true in not so few cases) that when you come here looking for a (as in one) signature scent, you have at least on leg in the rabbit hole already

I‘m not too experienced with gentle woody fragrances. but Tam Dao in EdP-strength smells very nice and should carry you through your workday. A very pleasing sandalwood.

Cedrat Boise is also woody, but louder, has a big, citric start and feels all in all way more synthetic.

The Prada has some iris, so maybe have a look at the Dior Homme line before 2020 also?

Just some random thoughts, there are a great many friendly, helpful and competent people here, I hope you‘ll find some nice suggestions!

If you like Prada L'Homme, try Dior Homme Original, not the new 2020 version.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

Caron pour Homme Sport - lavender, ginger, tonka, and a realistic ambergris accord making it feel summery

Mercedez-Benz Le Parfum - Pepper, leather, violet, and salty sea notes

Terre d'Hermes by Hermes and Gentleman only by Givenchy maybe? They were once my signature scents as I found them very enjoyable but too overpowering (go easy on the trigger with terre d'Hermes though). For a clean work scent I heard a lot of good of Dunhill's Icon (silver bottle)

For evenings Maybe La nuit de l'Homme by YSL or Dolce Gabanna the One for men EPD or Homme ideal EPD by Guerlain (both good for not hot evenings or for day Fall/winter)?

(OUPS, wanted to save my 100th post for a "love at first sniff" fragrance review but oh well )

For a daily workhorse scent, you might enjoy Bottega Veneta : Bottega Veneta pour Homme EdT
    Think of it as a discreet scent, or even a woody eau de cologne.
    Summer 2020 : Guerlain Vetiver; Penhaligon's Juniper Sling; Etro Gomma; Palais Jamais and Dianthus; Hermes Equipage Geranium; Aramis Tuscany; Caron Yatagan and Third Man; Knize Ten ; Parfums d'Empire Eau de Gloire and Corsica Furiosa; Anatole Lebreton L'Eau de Merzhin; Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out

Quote Originally Posted by incense+heliotrope View Post
    For a daily workhorse scent, you might enjoy Bottega Veneta : Bottega Veneta pour Homme EdT
    Think of it as a discreet scent, or even a woody eau de cologne.
    This brand was founded in my province in Italy (although now the property is foreign), I'll try to sample it ��

Basenotes Plus

Dior Dior Homme
    Dior Dior Homme Eau
    Guerlain Homme Eau De Parfum
    Guerlain Homme L’Eau Boisee
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP
    Prada Amber Pour Homme

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Cologne Sologne perhaps
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Seconding especially Caron pour un Homme Sport, while also adding Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme, Mugler Cologne, Lalique White, Cerruti 1881 Edition Blanche and Lalique White, all as quite appropriate workplace scent choices

Guerlain Vetiver is very likable and classy and attainable.

Second also the suggestions of Chanel Allure Homme Sport Extreme, Mugler Cologne, and Terre d'Hermes. Can't imagine anybody disliking those, really. The Hermes is the woodiest of them.