Code of Conduct

Default Aventus Millesime Help

Hello all,

This is my first post, but have been reading many of yours in past to make informed decisions, and hoping you can put my current concerns at ease.

A couple years back I decided to treat myself and bought Aventus, 100ml(4oz) spray, batch 16K11. I have not been disappointed since.

It has since ran out, and I decided to buy another, as this has become my signature scent. So I shopped around and found what was being advertised as a 250ml (8.4oz) Millesime Spray Aventus for men, on FragranceX.com.

After some back and forth with their CSR, this guy assured me that if it's advertised as a spray, it is a spray. So I bought it. It arrived last night. Here are my concerns:

• Bottle was advertised as a spray, using a flacon picture.
    • Bottle arrived without an atomizer spray. It is just a falcon
    • The box/packaging seemed as is it was open. Flap was loose, as well as the documents inside. Not wrapped in tissue.
    • The silver cap on the flacon lid fell off right away
    • Opening the cap, to smell the product, it has a heavy "alcohol" smell
    • A little juice spilled out, and wipping bottle down, the batch number (19S01) printed on bottom (not etched), wiped away

I've since reached out to their support, waiting for an answer.

To anyone who's bought a flacon before, is any of this normal? I know alcohol is required, even in an EDP, but the be so heavily pronounced? I've never noticed since all others were sprays before.

IF this is a legit batch, my next concern is the following:

• I don't have an atomizer. I was expecting a spray
    • Can you recommend on that applies in a similar manner like an Aventus bottle? I'm used to that application and do no want to start over applying
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Default Re: Aventus Millesime Help

I'm not sure why the first post didn't go through. It looks like this one is good.

Welcome to Basenotes and congrats on your Aventus Flacon. The 250 ml flacon is indeed a decanter and has no spray. I use a Creed atomizer which sprays less volume than the normal bottle sprays. You donít have to use their own atomizer but many options are available for purchase on the internet. I recently got some very nice violet heavy glass atomizers and other items from infinityjars.com. Whichever atomizer you get make sure itís quality and seals airtight to avoid evaporation.

Iíve experienced the alcohol smell when sniffing directly from my various Creed flacons. The medallion falling off the stopper could indicate the flacon had leaked in transit and the alcohol ate away the glue. I had that on many Creed flacons over the years. The ground glass stoppers are cool but very prone to random leaking. You may also notice some discoloration of the leather wrapping and the string. One drop of crazy glue fixes that. The Royal Exclusive flacons donít use ground glass stoppers and are much more secure.

The thin paperboard packaging Creed uses for the non Royal Exclusives flacons is not sealed nor have any padding such as tissue paper.

Not sure about the batch code rubbing off. To avoid spilling the perfume, and to properly close and open the glass stopper, I was shown by Roberto Ferreira to seal, gently press down the stopper and give it a small clockwise turn while still pressing. To unseal, simply turn counter clockwise and lift off. Iíve since modified the unseal procedure. I donít turn counter clockwise, but rock the sealed stopper with my thumbs until I hear a slight click and then simply lift off.

FragranceX has a good reputation for authenticity. So, I wouldnít worry about getting a fake. Enjoy Aventus!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by mczurma View Post
    I've since reached out to their support, waiting for an answer.
    Hopefully they'll get back to you soon,
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert G. View Post
    I recently got some very nice violet heavy glass atomizers and other items from infinityjars.com.
    Hi Robert, thanks for your reply. It's put me a bit at ease with legitimacy, but am now trying to find that "right" atomizer for my needs. I will be getting the Travalo for travel purposes, so really only need one for home use.

The jar from infinityjars.com you mentioned, would you say their application amount is 1/2 of the 3.4oz bottle of Aventus, i.e. 2:1?

Am I overthinking this process? Apart from ensuring a good seal, are they all basically the same? Or do some atomizers provide better application than others?

The infinity atomizer does spray a fair amount. If you end up getting that one or any other ones, youíll probably have to experiment a bit to find the right ďdosageĒ for your needs. The Travalo I donít think you can fill directly from the flacon. Once you get a separate atomizer, youíll have to pull out the spray button and then fill the Travalo using the stem on the the donor bottle. Also, not all atomizers are the same. Iím very happy with the Creed ones, but I didnít pay full retail for them.

One more thing. Youíll need a good funnel, or some pipettes to decant from the flacon. You can also use a clean straw, like the ones at fast food restaurants. If you use the straw, insert it into the flacon, then use a finger to block the top and then transfer the liquid to your atomizer.

So I ended up buying an atomizer from AtomizerKing.com

Used the straw method, and am waiting on some glass beads and parafilm tape to fill and seal the flacon until next fill. Based on straw length, it looks as though the new atomizer is 1/2 the length of original Aventus 100ml spray. I’ll start with 2x and take it from there.

132B6210-54A4-4F90-B800-630763917E2D.jpeg

Looks awesome! I hadn’t read about the beads but it’s a good way to eliminate air gap. Parafilm is great. I use it on all my Flacons specially when transporting them.

Thanks Robert.

I read about the beads from another thread (circa 2011-2014??), and it made sense. Appreciate the help/suggestions through this process.

Irony now is with the whole work from home, not really many opportunities to start trying it out lol!

Ha! Glad it worked out for you. At least you’ll smell great while working and can spray away without offending any co-workers