Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sillage Monster

Default Re: SOTD: Friday, 3rd July, 2020

Hello all,

I'm bailing on the Chanel sync so I can wear Jo Malone Black Cedarwood & Juniper. I spritzed some on last night at bedtime and OMG, when I awoke the dry down was amazing! Today will be my first official full wear. Nose is Christine Nagel. Notes: Cumin, Juniper, Black Cedarwood.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Wearing my favorite Xerjoff this evening, Ceylon from the Oud Stars line.
    375x500.46067.jpg

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: Scent of Oger by Creed

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jujy54 View Post
    So, here I am sorting laundry in in N° 22 listening Olive Nelson's Stolen Moments. Incongruous, and yet, why not!
    To me, the incongruity of No22 in most situations is so much of its draw. I've always felt like of all the fragrances I own, that one is entirely for me. It elicits pure, intoxicating, no strings attached beauty and pleasure.
    "They went to sea in a Sieve, they did, in a Sieve they went to sea." --Edward Lear

Basenotes Institution

SotE

Have a great long weekend everyone.

After my last nightshift and finally managed to get up I am in synch with No 5 edp.
    Currently wearing: Fracas by Robert Piguet

Between two pine trees

You’ll do great, Clockwork Alice The location will totally work in your favor and remember: YOU are the expert in the room!

I’m sitting out the synch. Count me with Kewart - as a house, it just doesn’t work for me. I’m ok with Beige, Sycomore, Eau Premiere, and L’Eau, but none of them lights me up. I do need to try No. 22.

I’m wearing Narciso EDP right now, but it’s not quite right for today. I’ll switch it up for the evening.

Jon, congratulations! That find deserves several wee beverages.

Speaking of “wee” anythings, has anyone watched Derry Girls on Netflix? So. Damn. Funny.
    Currently wearing: La Nuit by Paco Rabanne

Basenotes Plus

I forgot about the Sync (I would have worn No. 5 Eau Premiere from a sample...but to be honest my absolutely favorite Chanel is Bois des Iles Extrait (which I don't own). Amazing stuff!) but instead I'm in this crowd-pleaser that was an easy reach today (loaded with Iso-e-super but it still garners me so many compliments when I wear it):

Bang by Marc Jacobs

"A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood

doomed smeller

Good Luck clockwork!

No. 22 edc.
    about the only thing keeping me sane lately, is perfume...

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTE

SOTE is Rose Afire by Neil Morris
    Loves:
    Florals (especially rose, tuberose, cherry blossom, orange blossom, osmanthus, ylang ylang, immortelle, violet, jasmine, plum blossom, heliotrope, and iris)
    Orientals (especially spicy, woody, and floral orientals)
    Boozy notes
    Chypres (especially with real oakmoss)
    Rich gourmands
    Animalic fragrances
    Great longevity and sillage

Hello, again, all,

I stayed up much too late last night, and so I feel “off” today. My boyfriend had a little tummy bug over last weekend, and I’m afraid I might have a touch of it now. I am going to veg out, in our massive recliner, with a big glass of bubbly watermelon LaCroix and some soft blankies, and try sneaking in a catnap if I can.

My sample of Annick Goutal’s Ce Soir ou Jamais arrived today, and my wishlist gained another item. It is marvelous. I started the day, with it, but, for this evening, I have the gentle ministrations of Patricia de Nicolai Parfumerie’s Fig Tea, such a pretty fragrance that resembles nothing else but still seems comfy. To my nose, it is like something Serge Lutens could have created, back when his new releases were things like Five O’Clock au Gigembre. Very high quality, quite elegant, but. also, easy to wear.

I’ll try to post images here:

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Oud Wood
    Great pick!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Dana Monsieur Musk tonight
    3x2(nyz)4a

Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all
    Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.
    --John Keats

SOTE: Terre d'Hermes Parfum

I forgot about synchronized Fridays! Today I wore one sample for my incense exploration (L'Artisan Timbuktu) and one tea sample (Atelier Ooling Infini). The Timbuktu is masterful, a dry, smoky vetiver with a hint of incense and spice--glorious, though not what I'm after right now. The Oolong Infini was a bit of a disappointment--the tea top note was pretty standard, but not long after spraying, the tea note dissipated to reveal a rather boring white soapy musk. The hunt continues.

Today I wore Guerlain Angelique Noire.

Freed from BN Institution

My SOTE was Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDT this evening
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Bijan for Men by Bijan

Quote Originally Posted by lemonlimelady View Post
    Today I wore Guerlain Angelique Noire.
    I enjoyed this one a lot from the L'Art et la Matière collection. Have you tried some of the other bottles like Spiritueuse Double Vanille, Tonka Imperiale, Cuir Belua?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    Another big fan of Sous Le Vent here, and ClockworkAlice, I hope you knock your presentation out of the park!

In sync and twins with Terry in Chanel Coromandel, chosen because I enjoy it very much but rarely wear it because I think it's too strong for work, but today I'm working from home, and stopping early for the July 4th holiday. I think wine o'clock may be starting early for me.

Coromandel Eau de Toilette fragrance notes: Jasmine, Patchouli, Woody notes, Amber, Benzoin, Frankincense
    I enjoy the EDT concentration of Coromandel, a lot more than the EDP successor.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    I enjoyed this one a lot from the L'Art et la Matière collection. Have you tried some of the other bottles like Spiritueuse Double Vanille, Tonka Imperiale, Cuir Belua?
    I have not but I looked them up and they sound right up my alley. I just inquired about getting samples of them from someone who is decanting for a good price on Mercari! Thank you for the suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by lemonlimelady View Post
    I have not but I looked them up and they sound right up my alley. I just inquired about getting samples of them from someone who is decanting for a good price on Mercari! Thank you for the suggestion!
    Nice. Let us know what you think of them. From the line I own Spiritueuse Double Vanille and Iris Ganache(discontinued), those are two of my favorite from that collection. I also multiple 4ml vials of Tonka Imperiale.

Although not part of the L'Art et la Matière but instead the Elixir Charnel collection, I recommend trying Gourmand Coquin. A nice elegant chocolate scent.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Nice. Let us know what you think of them. From the line I own Spiritueuse Double Vanille and Iris Ganache(discontinued), those are two of my favorite from that collection. I also multiple 4ml vials of Tonka Imperiale.

Although not part of the L'Art et la Matière but instead the Elixir Charnel collection, I recommend trying Gourmand Coquin. A nice elegant chocolate scent.
    Ahah, the seller on Mercari just recommended the Gourmand Coquin as well. The Iris Ganache looks amazing, I just looked up prices on eBay, I think I should probably be sure I have a job at some point this year before I get into that price point.