Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Your Top 10 Sleeper's?

What are your top 10 sleeper frags?

Sleeper (in this sense): a previously disregarded person or thing that unexpectedly achieves success, assumes importance, etc.

So it's kinda like "hidden gems" but even lesser known. I expect some people won't even have 10.
    "I am not trendy" -Thierry Mugler
    Currently wearing: Versace l'Homme by Versace

Default Re: Your Top 10 Sleeper's?

Probably not lesser knows, but somewhat ignored or not given their due:
    1. Michael For Men by Michael Kors
    2. Michael Kors for Men by Michael Kors
    3. Armani Code A-List
    4. Dolce And Gabbana Intenso
    5. Hugo Boss, Boss The Scent Parfum Edition
    6. Gucci Guilty Oud
    7. Missoni Pour Homme Parfum
    8. Dolce And Gabbana K
    9. Tom Ford Extreme
    10. Dior Homme 2020 (no death threats, please)
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Blog Entries

Here are mine, with a little info on each.

Soprani Just Free: this is what got the idea started for this list for me, this fragrance is pretty much unheard of, might even be discontinued, but i heard this brand sells well in other countries, so maybe not. Just Free is a fantastic CHEAP neroli. For those who don't want such a barebones neroli as 4711, this one has a little more going on but still focuses on the neroli/orange blossom. It's fantastically well blended for having the amount of notes it has. Actually, I just checked, it's not cheap anymore.. uh oh, discontinued maybe? I paid like $15 for a large bottle, about a year ago. I'm not a huge neroli person, but this one just hits the spot for me.

Blue Seduction: I'm sure this has its love, just not on BN, and Antonio Banderas imo, is the best cheapy celeb fragrance house. I haven't tried most of the tons of flankers to this, but Blue Seduction is simply a better version of Nautica Voyage with a light coffee note to add some sweetness, and balance out the absurd amount of in your face citrus.

Seduction in Black: Another one that on BN is unheard of, although I think this got a Fifi award some time ago? This is Blue Seduction's more seductive brother. It's sweeter, it's less playful, more serious, and lasts forever for the price. It has more coffee, more gourmandy, more sweet, but not cloying. Nobody I know that I've recommended it to has been disappointed.

Banderas Spirit: This is basically the long lost Carlos Santana for men, that is now inflated in price due to discontinuation. Spirit is also discontinued as of 2018, according to their PR team. However still can be found at great prices. I have a feeling one day, 10 years from nwo somebody is gonna stumble on this, somebody with a lot of followers, and turn a lot of people onto this; but by this time it will be $200 a bottle. Even at that price, it's arguably worth it, I mean.. this fragrance is perfection.

J D Pozo On El A lot of people have probably never heard of this or even seen a bottle. It smells like Versace Green Jeans, which is a no brainer for me. It smells great. Very fruity, very green, very synthetic, and very playful. Doesn't last long, but it's just a fun scent, and brings back memories of when Green Jeans was still 20 bucks a bottle at Marshall's.

Davidoff Adventure Eau Fraiche: This one really reminds me of L'homme Ideal Cologne. In the sense it starts off with a vibrant effervescent citrus, and finishes with its own unique sort of thing. In Guerlain it's the apparent almond signature, and this one, its the signature base note accord, it's in all of the Adventure line, it's the sesame note. In the original it was too overpowering in the base, but here, due to the well balanced citrus top notes, it blends together much more smooth, and creates a unique citrus fragrance.

Intimately Beckham: Another great cheapy here. Though this one rarely gets me noticed since it has very low projection. I think I've said it before though, turning this into a projection beast would ruin the charm it has. It has a certain presence, and when you're close by your significant other is where it shines. It's a boozy, spicy, slightly resinous sort of fragrance, but it's also light too.

Alexandria Chic Magnet: Now this is a real sleeper. Because it's from a clone house, and the fragrance they cloned is one of the most high in demand discontinued men's fragrances that I know, and that is Escada Magnetism. Although it's not a perfect clone, it's pretty damn close. It's enough to have made me a return buyer, to this house that I don't really support. I dislike the fact that they are charging these prices even with their discounts. The prices per ml turn out to be as much as some niche brands at retail price, and that is just ridiculous. Capitalizing on the fragrance community because they know they have their hyper's to back them up, and us who love frags, who will spend these prices.. unfortunately.. I know most of BN won't buy them, but I will if it's something I like. So although I don't like the way this brand runs, I will admit their fragrance Chic Magnet is a fantastic version of Magnetism, and it performs like a rock star as well.

Azzaro Amber Fever: This one is still relatively new.. but I wore my 10 ml decant up and have a bottle on the way. A fantastic ambery/cocoa/spicy gourmand that works in the high humid heat in Florida. It lasts long, gets compliments.

Spark Seduction: This always makes these kind of lists for me. Sadly the prices are going up on this, and hopefully I have enough to last me the rest of my life. It's a pine fragrance, finally a designer pine with an authentic pine note, it has citrus in it as well, and the combination doesn't make it smell like a household cleaner. The rum note adds complicity and makes this once cheapy a niche built fragrance with designer appeal. It's truly the epitome of everything I want in a fragrance. It's unique as hell, but still very wearable. It's not thick and heavy, or too syrupy like niche stuff can get, it doesn't leave heavy shiny oily marks on my skin, and it doesn't smell like I just rolled around in the dirt for an hour, like some niche frags in this genre can do. It's remarkable that this has been overlooked so badly, and falls into the grave, because it's truly artwork, and I never thought I would say that the most artistic designer fragrance that is still wearable, came from Liz Claiborne, an unknown perfumer, and once cost $12 a bottle.

These are all sleepers for personal pleasure, but they also have all gotten me compliments many times.

Alphabetically:

A*Men Pure Energy (2012) by Thierry Mugler
    Ambre Précieux Ultime (2014) by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier
    Arsène Lupin Voyou (2010) by Guerlain
    Black Soul (2009) by Ted Lapidus
    Breath of God (2007) by Lush
    Ciel Man (2003) by Amouage
    Patchouli (2011) by Fragonard
    Resina (2012) by Oliver & Co.
    Vermeil pour Homme (2000) by Jean Louis Vermeil Paris
    Voleur de Roses (1993) by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Alexandria Chic Magnet: Now this is a real sleeper. Because it's from a clone house, and the fragrance they cloned is one of the most high in demand discontinued men's fragrances that I know, and that is Escada Magnetism. Although it's not a perfect clone, it's pretty damn close. It's enough to have made me a return buyer, to this house that I don't really support. I dislike the fact that they are charging these prices even with their discounts. The prices per ml turn out to be as much as some niche brands at retail price, and that is just ridiculous. Capitalizing on the fragrance community because they know they have their hyper's to back them up, and us who love frags, who will spend these prices.. unfortunately.. I know most of BN won't buy them, but I will if it's something I like. So although I don't like the way this brand runs, I will admit their fragrance Chic Magnet is a fantastic version of Magnetism, and it performs like a rock star as well.
    I've read Magnetism has some sort of Fizzy Grape Soda vibe going on, is this aspect noticeable in this one also? The Grape part is intriguing but most of the reviews on Chic Magnet don't specify what type of "flavor" of a soda like scent it has.

As to the original question, I don't really have many that aren't well known.

Maybe Victorias Secret Very Sexy Platinum, kind of smells like a sweeter version of Fierce. I'm iffy on this one and have mostly worn it trying to capture what I've smelled from my first wearing of it at a mall where it was like a fresher, grape like version of Fierce. Maybe my bottle is old or something, I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by d r e View Post
    I've read Magnetism has some sort of Fizzy Grape Soda vibe going on, is this aspect noticeable in this one also? The Grape part is intriguing but most of the reviews on Chic Magnet don't specify what type of "flavor" of a soda like scent it has.

Maybe Victorias Secret Very Sexy Platinum, kind of smells like a sweeter version of Fierce. I'm iffy on this one and have mostly worn it trying to capture what I've smelled from my first wearing of it at a mall where it was like a fresher, grape like version of Fierce.
    Both of the Victoria's Secret Men's colognes are sleepers, IMO.

10) Gaultier to the Power of Two by Jean Paul Gaultier. Remember the ad campaign, the launch push... and it failed because it was an oriental when the market wanted ozonics. Still great, though.

9) Musk Oud by Kilian. The inverse of Black Aoud in the rose Oud department, and in a good way. Soft, more complex, and brilliant.

8) Azzaro Visit. Once big on Basenotes, now can be had on the cheap at Marshalls. Fresh yet peppery, in a good way.

7) Dior Homme Cologne 2013. Knowing Dior and their constant reboots of the Dior Homme line, this fragrance - the best of the grapefruit and musk genre - will be gone soon. A shame.

6) Dior Homme 2020. One of only a few non-niche fragrances that can be worn from workday to date night without a shower and respray. Thanks, vetiver and not-overdone ISO E!

5) Hyde + Alchemy No. 004. An indie artisan house from my hometown makes this natural oud-containing fragrance. And if you remember and love vintage M7... you’re a candidate for No. 004.

4) Pierre Guillaume Metal Hurlant. Had Mugler kept B*Men long enough to make a Pure Leather version, this would be it.

3) Bamboo Harmony by Kilian. Proof that Kilian can make just as good of a hot-weather freshie as well as it knows its famous gourmands. (Also ideal for fans of Bvlgari The Vert.)

2) Papyrus Oud/71 by Parle Moi de Parfum. Stop going after Gucci Pour Homme 2013 on eBay when you can get this - from the same perfumer, and is the same fragrance give or take a few notes - for less than half the price.

1) Xerjoff More than Words. The best rose oud on the market, made into an oriental with incense, ambergris, vanilla, and fruit. And if it’s even possible (it is!), more projection, sillage, and longevity than Black Aoud. If you wear rose ouds, you must give this a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's really quite pleasant, except for the smell (...)
    -"Mama", My Chemical Romance

- Swiss Arabian 'Al Basel'
    - Vermeil pour homme
    - Revillon 'R'
    - Al Haramain 'Excellent'
    - Rasasi Khaltat Al Khasa Ma Dhan Al Oudh
    - Lapidus 'Black Soul Imperial'
    - Korloff 'No Oridinary Man'
    - Rasasi 'Fattan'
    - Burberry Brit 'Rhythm Intense for man'
    - Santos De Cartier Concentré
    My Top '11':

- Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Antaeus (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Armani: AdG Profumo
    - Jacques Bogart: Furyo
    - Guerlain: Héritage (vtg)
    - Thierry Mugler: A*men
    - SA: Al Basel
    - D&G: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - YSL: Kouros (vtg)
    - VC&A: Pour Homme

Givenchy Pour Homme (2002.)
    Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme (2008.)
    Prada Luna Rossa (2012.)
    Baldessarini Ultimate (2015.)
    Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir (2006.)
    Burberry Brit Rhythm Intense (2015.)
    Azzaro Silver Black (2005.)
    Cerruti L'Essence de Cerruti Pour Homme (2009.)
    Kenzo Pour Homme Boisee (2010.)
    Carolina Herrera Chic For Men (2004.)

In no particular order

Marc-Antoine Barrois B683
    Ormonde Jayne Black Gold
    Parfums de Marly Darley
    Carner El Born
    Jacques Fath Curacao Bay
    Hermes Agar Ebene
    Tauer L'eau
    Jovoy La Liturgie des Heures - new discovery of a great incense
    Molinard Patchouli
    Parfums de Nicolai Patchouli Intense
    Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief
    All kill their inspiration and sing about the grief
    Currently wearing: Nefs by Nishane

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by d r e View Post

Maybe Victorias Secret Very Sexy Platinum, kind of smells like a sweeter version of Fierce. I'm iffy on this one and have mostly worn it trying to capture what I've smelled from my first wearing of it at a mall where it was like a fresher, grape like version of Fierce. Maybe my bottle is old or something, I don't know
    Yes, it definitely has the grape soda vibe. It's almost spot on to the original too..which is why I don't understand how the fragrance doesn't have more popularity since it's the only clone of Magnetism that is good quality.

Still never got around to trying VS Platinum based on your earlier recommendation to me. Tbh, I am not very much a fan of Fierce anymore, it's played out.

Blog Entries

Vermeil pour homme is crazy. One week it was $12 a bottle, then it shot up to $50 plus everywhere pretty much. Never got to try this one unfortunately.

Vermeil pour homme is crazy. One week it was $12 a bottle, then it shot up to $50 plus everywhere pretty much. Never got to try this one unfortunately.
    Roughly said it is a kind of 'modernized' version of the original Davidoff by Davidoff (1984) without the castoreum.
    Very good and extremely masculine stuff; own 3 bottles!
    My Top '11':

- Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Antaeus (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Armani: AdG Profumo
    - Jacques Bogart: Furyo
    - Guerlain: Héritage (vtg)
    - Thierry Mugler: A*men
    - SA: Al Basel
    - D&G: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - YSL: Kouros (vtg)
    - VC&A: Pour Homme

I forgot my honourable mention: D&G The One Gentleman and Burberry Brit New Year Edition 2010.

Mercedes-Benz Le Parfum - Ombré Leather Aqua; peppery violet-leather ozonic goodness.

Michael Kors Extreme Speed - Fans of the new Pasha Parfum should give this a look: it's its darker mirror image.

Dependent

Pinaud Clubman

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Programme Homme
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Yes, it definitely has the grape soda vibe. It's almost spot on to the original too..which is why I don't understand how the fragrance doesn't have more popularity since it's the only clone of Magnetism that is good quality.

Still never got around to trying VS Platinum based on your earlier recommendation to me. Tbh, I am not very much a fan of Fierce anymore, it's played out.
    To my nose, it doesn't smell like Fierce. I really don't pick up similarities at all.

Seconding what has already been mentioned:

Tom Ford Extreme
    Kilian Musk Oud

Basenotes Plus

I don't know if I can come up with ten, but here's what comes to mind:

Comme des Garçons - Dover Street Market
    Azzaro Pour Homme Edition Noire
    Guerlain Lui (the modern one)
    Guerlain Angelique Noire

I don't have 10 but I could think of 2.

CDG Edp (I don't even know what to call it!). Hardly anyone talks about this and it seems out of production at the moment as every site I check shows it out of stock. But might be my favorite CDG. Has a rather industrial chemical smell at first with bright aldehydes and a realistic packing tape/glue smell. But the drydown is absolutely wonderful, I get the lilac and lavender that ends up almost like a bizarro futuristic fougere. As weird as it sounds, it is totally wearable and a very addictive smell. I particularly like it on rainy days.

cdg_parfum_2011_d_2.jpg

No. 2
    Frederic Malle Eau de Magnolia: This one gets talked about but almost all the reviewers seem disappointed by it, that it is a bit safe and boring for something from Malle but I totally love it. Every time I spray it again I think WOW why don't I wear this more often? It is fresh without relying on citrus and floral without smelling feminine. It has a lot of nuance, I get lots of spice in the drydown and a woody hum. It is subtle but lasts all day and really an impressive fragrance if you give it a chance.

375x500.25042.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by onethinline View Post
    Guerlain Lui (the modern one)
    Oh, yes!

I'll see if I can find a decant

And yeah, Danny Mitchell seems to not get Fierce similarities so maybe it might still be worth trying even if you aren't big on Fierce. Worth checking out the whole VS line next time your at the mall or something

If I had to add more to the main topic:
    Bvlgari Tygar
    Bvlgari Malakeos
    Both were decent from test strips and not too popular or anything that I'm aware of
    Last edited by d r e; 3rd July 2020 at 11:47 PM.

In no particular order: California for men by Dana
    Democracy by Ayala Moriel
    Derrick by Orlane
    Black Label by Yardley
    Marbert Man by Marbert
    Rapport by Shulton
    Daytona 500 by Elizabeth Arden
    Fog by Henry Rose
    Chrome Pure by Azzaro
    Polo Blue Eau de Parfum by Ralph Lauren

My self imposed criteria was that they had to be something that I currently own, be listed in Basenotes, but have 10 or fewer reviews.

St. Kitts for Men by Tommy Bahama
    Le Gemme: Gyan by Bvlgari
    Aramis Tobacco Reserve by Aramis
    Oud For Greatness by Initio Parfums Privés
    Chamade pour Homme by Guerlain
    Gentleman Eau de Parfum by Givenchy
    Gucci Flora 1966 by Gucci
    Under My Skin by Francesca Bianchi
    Grimoire by Anatole Lebreton
    Safari Extreme by Abdul Samad Al Qurashi
    Veni, Vidi, Ego Emit.
    ( I came, I saw, I purchased. )

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

I think once again, a lot of my favorite Avons could be placed on this list because most guys in the "FragComm" are so loathe to try them due to the reputation they have for being cheap or derivative, plus the slightly sexist stigma of Avon being a brand women buy and sell (similar to the problem Victoria's Secret masculine scents have I saw posted upthread), that Avon is almost taboo for the "serious" FragBro.

In short, a lot of the "Chads" which populate more of the YouTube, instagram, and Facebook spaces (also that other perfume site) won't touch the brand with a 10 foot pole. It's not a designer with brand clout, not some luxury niche brand you can "flex" with, and influencers seldom if ever talk about the brand (Redolessence did a few years ago). I'll place my most-worn scent, Avon Black Suede (1980) in the first spot.

Beyond Avon, there are a few but I don't think I could really list 10 actual sleepers, because there is little that has surprising quality or versatility getting ignored by the community at large due to lack of brand recognition or something like that which doesn't eventually get hype from someone with an audience. I find anything terminally under-the-radar is usually stylistically so, like "dated" vintages or less-popular genres like green aromatics that only appeal to specific bubbles of collectors anymore.

Although with that said, these could be sleepers:

Samba for Men by The Perfumer's Workshop (1990) - A soapy clean floral fougère that has some "tropical" elements but to me smells like a really high-quality salon shampoo from the 80's Perry Ellis would sorta copy this with Portfolio for Men (1999) but made their version fruiter and more musky, while Samba is more age-neutral and doesn't read as "young". Just a lovely wear-anytime scent that could be a signature if you're not into spices, animalics, or heavy woods.

Nikos Sculpture Homme (1995) a 90's clubber that got minor fame in the shadow of JPG Le Mâle but never made a huge splash. It rides in the same lane as Minotaure by Paloma Picasso (1992) but is done better, and even made by the same perfumer. Orange blossom, vanilla, amber, musk, a very romantic scent that stands the test of time and can still go head-to-head with stuff like Eros in my opinion. Michael Almairac knew what he was doing here, the scent just didn't get the same promotion as other's he has done.

JB by Jack Black (2010) I see this as a more-dandy take on an Iso E super scent like Terre d'Hermès (2006) or Encre Noire (2006). The difference being where one relies on patchouli and vetiver, while the other relies more on cypress and vetiver, JB goes more into geranium and cypress with a bit of mint too. This smells more floral and refined than Terre d'Hermès, much brighter than Enre Noire, and has sillage better than either thanks to being an eau de parfum. The brand gets a bit maligned for bein a Nordstrom store exclusive grooming brand, but this stuff is great.

Missoni Parfum pour Homme (2017) This is the ambroxan generalist for the mature man who found Bleu de Chanel too boring and Sauvage too cynical/commercial. This revisits similar ambrox/norlimbanol ambergris/incense territory as BdC, and even has violet and grapefruit just like BdC, but also is surrounded by classic aromatic elements a la Drakkar Noir (1982) or Givenchy Xeryus (1986) that make Missoni rounder, richer, smoother, deeper, and more sophisticated than the Chanel, a little less "now" and a little more "timeless". Potent performance too!
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Missoni Parfum pour Homme (2017) This is the ambroxan generalist for the mature man who found Bleu de Chanel too boring and Sauvage too cynical/commercial. This revisits similar ambrox/norlimbanol ambergris/incense territory as BdC, and even has violet and grapefruit just like BdC, but also is surrounded by classic aromatic elements a la Drakkar Noir (1982) or Givenchy Xeryus (1986) that make Missoni rounder, richer, smoother, deeper, and more sophisticated than the Chanel, a little less "now" and a little more "timeless". Potent performance too!
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    Seconded.
    Tripled. As well as ZC's JB Jack Black suggestion. And I'm kicking myself for not thinking of listing that one myself.

Basenotes Plus

Hmm,

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Atomic Age Bay Rum
    I've talked about it before. Literally nobody else gives this one any attention but me, but I'll talk about it anyway. A fragrance constructed over a course of nearly a decade by an odd, funny personality. He had usually made his own bay rums from scratch eventually got to understand the process of what makes bay rums good. This was "community tested" with wet shaving enthusiasts over the course of its development finding out what people liked and didn't like about bay rums. Ultimately it was finalizied as a scent after wet shavers who didn't own or like bay rums sang its praises to their niche group of enthusiasts. This is a barrel-aged rum based fragrance. It has a large number of spicy notes. It's sweet but not overly so. Smells like a kitchen spice rack meets slightly sweet rum and bay leaf. I love this stuff and have worn it often. I recommend for colder months but I've successfully worn this even in the Vegas Summer. It's not cloying like other bay rums and the scent does not annoy in the heat, which I find perplexing. The sweetness and a few of the spicy notes seem to save this in the heat and allow it to barely 'pass' in the summer.

Taylor of Old Bond Street - Sandalwood
    Although it's a well known and appreciated scent, it really doesn't get talked about in the fragrance community like it should. This is extremely classy. One of the classiest smelling fragrances in existence IMO. If you love Creed Spice & Wood's elegance, then you will very likely enjoy TOBS Sandalwood. I own a complete grooming set of this scent. It's a fantastic fragrance. Best in Fall and Spring, but can be worn year-round.

Clive Christian - Psychedelic
    I understand very few people own this one due to the very high price tag. Even when I found a way to buy this on a coupon deal, it was way more than anyone would likely pay for it. It's my opinion that this fragrance is of the highest quality synthetics I've ever smelled. The refinement is unmistakable. Nothing smells like this and the blending is amazing. I don't think anyone is going to duplicate this scent as Clive Christian seems to have a proprietary process on the compounds used in this scent. Apparently the ingredients have undergone a convoluted series of lab changes to arrive at the scent they give. IMO, Psychedelic is amazing (as is Hypnotic). There is a type of 'effect' on these, that while it smells synthetic, it is incredible. I've gotten compliments on this one at the grocery store in recent months. IMO, this is only underrated because virtually no one can afford it or wants to pay the ransom to obtain it. A shame because it is worth the price IMO. Nothing else like it except it's sister scent Hypnotic. It is unisex and a woman can wear this. I could envision a "Goth" dressed woman rocking this other-worldly scent. This scent can be worn year-round.

Yves Saint Laurent - 6 Place Saint Sulpice
    IMO, possibly the best wood-centric scent I've ever smelled. The burning saffron imparts a fresh cut wood effect and this is a potent scent. I immensely enjoy this fragrance. I think it's better in the colder months. I never hear anyone talk about this scent or read about it here on basenotes. It is the most underrated woody fragrance I've come across.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Tripled. As well as ZC's JB Jack Black suggestion. And I'm kicking myself for not thinking of listing that one myself.
    And I’ll triple JB. I wish it was easier to find at discount.

I don’t have other specific fragrances to add, but I feel like certain brands don’t get as much attention on here as they deserve (though maybe that doesn’t make them “sleepers”).

Burberry, for instance, has some nice stuff, but I really only ever hear about London (which isn’t even my favorite), and usually only in “cheapie” threads, at that. Touch and Brit are both very nice, as is Burberry for Men. Carthusia is another name I rarely see, but Uomo and Mediterraneo are great (haven’t tried any of their other fragrances). Banana Republic is perhaps another brand, too, but I suppose the Icon Collection has gotten quite a bit of talk of late. ZC already mentioned Avon.

I also feel like Basenoters tend to sleep on fragrances from grooming brands. Art of Shaving shows up every now and then, so perhaps it’s not a sleeper, but there are plenty of others. Fine Accoutrements is one that gets an occasional mention in Rive Gauche threads, but otherwise nada. Same with Lush, Pinaud and Royall, and I’m sure there are others I’m forgetting. Lots of grooming brands also make solid fragrances, which is an area not often mentioned.
    Currently wearing: Équipage by Hermès