Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Junkie

Default Thanks for the help everyone!

I made a post recently asking about spicy leathers and was recommended by a few members on here to check out Moschino Pour Homme.

I just received my bottle today!. The presentation is excellent. Itís brand new and still sealed but even then there was considerable evaporation of the bottle. Iíd say about 3-5mlís total. I knew right away from opening the box I was going to love this fragrance and I wasnít disappointed! Okay there was a touch of disappointment but only because the packaging had this heavy spiced aroma to it I thought for sure I would spray the fragrance and would get a gnarly blast of pepper but instead I got something else! This wears Suprisingly niche and modern. I donít feel this would be out of place in Neiman Marcus or even a neo-fougere released by some mainstream designer brand.

Ultimately Iíll need more time with this but at the risk of sounding offensive, this is what my grandpa smelled like. I think this was his EXACT fragrance he wore because as soon as I sprayed it I was met with a familiar warmth and it instantly brought back precious memories spending time on his farm in northern Alabama as a child in the early 90ís. Iíll report back more on the exact smell once I have more time with this in the morning! Thanks for the excellent recommendations everyone.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Thanks for the help everyone!

Fantastic stuff and a worthy addition to any wardrobe - many congratulations on a great acquisition

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    I made a post recently asking about spicy leathers and was recommended by a few members on here to check out Moschino Pour Homme.

I just received my bottle today!.
    Congrats and enjoy!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Freed from BN Institution

Congrats on Moschino Pour Homme.

I encourage you to explore other leathers as well like Hermes Bel Ami, Guerlain Derby, and Gucci Pour Homme. Other good classics: Chanel Antaeus and Dior Jules.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Aubťpine-Acacia by Creed

Congratulations for this excellent scent acquisition, enjoy wearing this one.

Incidentally this belongs to the first ever Moschino scents tested, in a version that is doubtlessly vintage by now, therefore among the ones that left a lasting impression among male Moschino choices.
    Considering this to be among these underrated vintage sleepers that BN has helped either newly discover or, if already familiar with, appreciate even more.
    Currently wearing: Chevignon by Chevignon

Basenotes Junkie

Moschino Pour Homme is interesting in that at first glance it almost smells like a typical 80’s masculine scent but when you start to closely examine it and pick apart what’s there, that’s when the magic happens!

I don’t get a lot of leather although my nose is like that with most leathers I’ve smelled. There’s very few fragrances that aren’t Oud or castoreum based that bring about the leather association to my nose. Instead I get a lot of spicy florals upfront. The lavender is a bit soapy but not generic soap by any means. The spices play nicely into an overall masculine vibe without becoming too overpowering. I would like it to have a bit more peppery notes but that’s because I’m obsessed with spices right now. I’m not sure if this has undergone any sort of reformulations over the years but I was told my bottle is from one of the earlier batches.

Do y’all have any recommendations for something that really amps up the spices? I’d like to try some oriental ambery fragrances that are heavy on pepper, cumin, basil, patchouli etc.

Thanks for all the help so far everyone!

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Congrats on Moschino Pour Homme.

I encourage you to explore other leathers as well like Hermes Bel Ami, Guerlain Derby, and Gucci Pour Homme. Other good classics: Chanel Antaeus and Dior Jules.
    It’s a bit overwhelming trying to find reputable sources for these fragrances. I know soliciting isn’t allowed but is there a thread on here that discusses what to look for and where to buy? I wanted to try some vintage Shalimar but I’m worried I’ll either pay too much or buy something that’s lost it’s original scent.

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    It’s a bit overwhelming trying to find reputable sources for these fragrances. I know soliciting isn’t allowed but is there a thread on here that discusses what to look for and where to buy? I wanted to try some vintage Shalimar but I’m worried I’ll either pay too much or buy something that’s lost it’s original scent.
    Feel free to send PMs to some of the folks here in the vintage forum. Some of us might be able to point you in the right direction.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Aubťpine-Acacia by Creed