Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Smile First post: Decided to jump in feet first... Probably went overboard

Greetings everyone.

Happy to be here. I was gifted Aventus last year (after having it on my wish list for years) and immediately fell in love. I revered it so much that I used it very sparingly, but wished that I could use it more. I knew the fragrance world was something I wanted to be more involved with, and decided to finally take the plunge. All of these were blind buys (except the Aventus), but I did do as much research as I could. Honestly, this is probably enough juice to last me a lifetime. I wanted to get frags that were distinct enough that I could have a range to choose from depending on my mood and the season. So far, I'm happy...

BdP 500ml
    Royal Mayfair 500ml
    Aventus 100ml (atomizer behind it is full too)
    Millesime Imperial 50ml
    PWC 250ml

IMG_3650.jpg

Default Re: First post: Decided to jump in feet first... Probably went overboard

Well you have certainly bypassed the local Mall and gone in very heavy -- especially blind. I have a feeling this isn't going to last you a lifetime though.

Good luck in your journey

Default Re: First post: Decided to jump in feet first... Probably went overboard

Welcome to basenotes, you don't do things by halves do you. lol....... That is a mighty fine set of purchases there, enjoy!
    "There's No School Like The Old School."

My Current Favorites

1. Chanel Cuir de Russie Edp
    2. Chanel Coromandel Edp
    3. Eau de Guerlain
    4. Chypre Siam By Rogue Perfumery
    5. Rochas Moustache Edp

Dependent

Damn! That's a major fragrance bender.

Los Angeles, CA- too damn close to Scent Bar

The choices are pretty solid so for a blind buy, so you maybe okay.

It's a nice balance of formal and informal scents.

Don't know anything about your age or preferences. The only one with some risk that I see is BdP which some can feel is a more "mature,"

I love it, but I am old dude and think it's heavenly.
    Currently Loving:

Bois du Portugal
    Invasion Barbare
    Le 3e Homme
    Ormande Jayne Man
    New York Intense
    Patchouli Intense
    Naxos
    Ombre Leather
    Clubman/Canoe/Wild Country/Azzaro Pour Homme
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Excellent Creed haul. Welcome to BN. Spice and Wood next! Very classy scent specially if you’re in finance.

This is the boldest, riskiest move I've seen on here. 1st post legend.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Well you have certainly bypassed the local Mall and gone in very heavy -- especially blind. I have a feeling this isn't going to last you a lifetime though.

Good luck in your journey
    Sure hope you're right. Luckily my significant other should get some use out of the unisex frags.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Welcome to basenotes, you don't do things by halves do you. lol....... That is a mighty fine set of purchases there, enjoy!
    Thank you! Much to the chagrin of my girlfriend, no, I whole-ass everything I do. It's a deficit of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by dealt7faux View Post
    Damn! That's a major fragrance bender.
    The quarantine lockdown has probably made me crazy... No, definitely made me lose my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    The choices are pretty solid so for a blind buy, so you maybe okay.

It's a nice balance of formal and informal scents.

Don't know anything about your age or preferences. The only one with some risk that I see is BdP which some can feel is a more "mature,"

I love it, but I am old dude and think it's heavenly.
    Will be turning 30 in a month. Admittedly, I was a bit surprised at how mature I interpreted BdP, but the drydown is legendary and I think I'm going to absolutely love it during the winter months. I'm quite happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert G. View Post
    Excellent Creed haul. Welcome to BN. Spice and Wood next! Very classy scent specially if you’re in finance.
    S&W is definitely on my list. Want to try a sample of it first. Saw some polarizing reviews of it, so didn't want to blind buy it. (Probably hypocritical of me) Looking forward to smelling that and GIT as well. Thank you for the welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    I'm outta my damn mind, for sure.

Los Angeles, CA- too damn close to Scent Bar

Quote Originally Posted by EBITDA View Post
    I'm outta my damn mind, for sure.
    No more than any of us...

The only one that was perhaps a little "risky" was the BdP. Not that it isn't a great and well regarded scent, just that some think it too old mannish. I would advocate don't get hung up on that rep...if you like and are a bit dressed, it works.
    If you've tried it and liked it, you're home free IMO.

You're going to be smelling great for a long time.

That's a very nice selection of scents.
    Currently Loving:

Bois du Portugal
    Invasion Barbare
    Le 3e Homme
    Ormande Jayne Man
    New York Intense
    Patchouli Intense
    Naxos
    Ombre Leather
    Clubman/Canoe/Wild Country/Azzaro Pour Homme
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Dependent

Congrats on your Creed haul, and welcome!

Classics for the win.

Welcome, very nice Creed collection excellent picks you have there enjoy these!

That Bois Du Portugal flacon!
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Basenotes Plus

Great selection

Wow, congratulations and great choices!

Classics for the win.

Try Floris 1962, Creed Royal Oud when your able to.

Those are very nice purchases. Congrats!

Welcome and enjoy your new purchases, congratulations for these and an impressive BN start.

Welcome to Basenotes EBITDA!

Very impressive haul and congrats on some quality scents. Definitely a legendary first post here

But, if I may ask, why only Creeds and why so much (apart from the Covid shopping madness I also know too well...). I guess there is a whole universe of nice frags to explore for a beginner? Anyways, so glad you like them all (blind buy gods are on your side), have fun in your new hobby and

NICE PIC
    Avatar is a painting by Tomma Abts

Totally agree.

You definitely took the plunge. Welcome to Basenotes, and enjoy!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Greetings everyone.

Happy to be here. I was gifted Aventus last year (after having it on my wish list for years) and immediately fell in love. I revered it so much that I used it very sparingly, but wished that I could use it more. I knew the fragrance world was something I wanted to be more involved with, and decided to finally take the plunge. All of these were blind buys (except the Aventus), but I did do as much research as I could. Honestly, this is probably enough juice to last me a lifetime. I wanted to get frags that were distinct enough that I could have a range to choose from depending on my mood and the season. So far, I'm happy...

BdP 500ml
    Royal Mayfair 500ml
    Aventus 100ml (atomizer behind it is full too)
    Millesime Imperial 50ml
    PWC 250ml

IMG_3650.jpg
    Welcome to you EBITDA! Enjoy your time here at Basenotes! You have a nice Creed collection there!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Welcome to BN and the best of luck in your fragrance journey EBITDA, there are quite a few Creed aficionados on here so you'll fit in quite nicely. Great haul by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    No more than any of us...

The only one that was perhaps a little "risky" was the BdP. Not that it isn't a great and well regarded scent, just that some think it too old mannish. I would advocate don't get hung up on that rep...if you like and are a bit dressed, it works.
    If you've tried it and liked it, you're home free IMO.

You're going to be smelling great for a long time.

That's a very nice selection of scents.
    Much appreciated, and agreed. Can't seem to separate my forearm from my nose these days. As long as I enjoy it, that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by techt View Post
    Congrats on your Creed haul, and welcome!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Welcome, very nice Creed collection excellent picks you have there enjoy these!

That Bois Du Portugal flacon!
    Right! Quite unwieldy. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Great selection
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky_Pete View Post
    Wow, congratulations and great choices!
    I'm a happy man! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Try Floris 1962, Creed Royal Oud when your able to.
    Will do! I've heard amazing things about Royal Oud.

Quote Originally Posted by Noteworthy View Post
    Those are very nice purchases. Congrats!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Welcome and enjoy your new purchases, congratulations for these and an impressive BN start.
    Much appreciated! Looking forward to smelling nice for the rest of my days.

Quote Originally Posted by ThVH View Post
    Welcome to Basenotes EBITDA!

Very impressive haul and congrats on some quality scents. Definitely a legendary first post here

But, if I may ask, why only Creeds and why so much (apart from the Covid shopping madness I also know too well...). I guess there is a whole universe of nice frags to explore for a beginner? Anyways, so glad you like them all (blind buy gods are on your side), have fun in your new hobby and

NICE PIC
    Well I was so blown away with Aventus and I gained so much respect for Creed, that I knew I wanted to try more of their offerings. Additionally, after reading more and more about the fragrance world, I came to the conclusion that frags from niche houses were more inline with my interests. Didn't think I could go wrong taking the plunge with Creed. I made this haul through a "sample sale" and alas, the large sizes were the only ones available for BdP and Royal Mayfair. The prices were incredible, though.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRF View Post
    Totally agree.

You definitely took the plunge. Welcome to Basenotes, and enjoy!
    Thank you for the welcome! Loving this hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Welcome to you EBITDA! Enjoy your time here at Basenotes! You have a nice Creed collection there!
    Thank you, Hednic! Happy to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    Welcome to BN and the best of luck in your fragrance journey EBITDA, there are quite a few Creed aficionados on here so you'll fit in quite nicely. Great haul by the way!
    Looking forward to getting acquainted with more Creed lovers! Thanks for the welcome!

Personally I can't stand Creed, but if it makes you happy to spend so much money on fragrances from one house, congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Gurahl View Post
    Personally I can't stand Creed, but if it makes you happy to spend so much money on fragrances from one house, congratulations!
    To each, their own! Creed performs well on my skin, really enjoying it.

Classics for the win.

The whole point of this hobby is to wear what you enjoy no right or wrong way to do this hobby!

Creeds are definitely fun, easy to wear and smell great. They’re not Haute Parfumerie and folks who enjoy them, myself included, don’t take them as being works of art. What they do, they do really well. Some folks resent that, for whatever reason, and they seem to feel better about their own choices by implying Creed enthusiasts are somehow uninformed or unsophisticated. As you said “to each, their own.”

Well I was so blown away with Aventus and I gained so much respect for Creed, that I knew I wanted to try more of their offerings. Additionally, after reading more and more about the fragrance world, I came to the conclusion that frags from niche houses were more inline with my interests. Didn't think I could go wrong taking the plunge with Creed. I made this haul through a "sample sale" and alas, the large sizes were the only ones available for BdP and Royal Mayfair. The prices were incredible, though.
    Even better you got nice deals — good job! Aventus was the one that also brought me here Enjoy your ride, hope you‘ll find many more nice ones along the way!
    Avatar is a painting by Tomma Abts

I laughed out loud when I saw the picture, I was like wow!!
    That is a wonderful picture, nicely grouped, sharp and clear. That could be your computer desktop.
    Well one thing is for sure, you have some very nice quality fragrances.

That photo also reminds me to be thankful that I get to enjoy this interest.
    Beauty is in the nose of the beholder.
    Currently wearing: Original Santal by Creed

Welcome aboard!

If you ever get tired of your collection, I implore you to branch out. Try different brands! Different styles! Try niche! Try vintage! The world of fragrance is a vast (though quite secretive and deceptive) place.

Enjoy your time at Basenotes!
    Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica

Lol "1st post legend". Love it.