Code of Conduct

Default A modern, very masculine and fresh scent

What is your take on "BVLGARI Man Extreme"?
    It is pretty rare, but also is an unique, very masculine & still fresh/clean scent.
    I love the fresh and lemony opening and that it quickly adds very masculine notes, while the freshness still stayes.
    So in general the fragrance is definitely in my top five of all times, simply due to this unique composition, that is freh and has very masculine notes at the same time.
    You definitely have a fragrance you make a 'bold statement" without looking for attention!

The only negative statement I can make about this fragrance is that it sadly isn't much visible after three hours.
    I wished they would change this fact, reformulate it by keeping the exact smell, but rising the longevity.

How would you compare it to best sellers, like Dylan blue, Dior Sausage and Aqua di profumo?

Which one of the four would you prefer and why and which one you consider to be the most masculine?

Like I have started earlier, this scent has "charisma", but I would love if the longevity was much better.
    I am not sure if a Eau du Parfum of Man Extreme is available.
    OK, let me hear what do you think about it.

Default Re: A modern, very masculine and fresh scent

Quote Originally Posted by The Equalizer View Post
    I am not sure if a Eau du Parfum of Man Extreme is available.
    ...what's on the picture?

Dior Sausage
    00000000000000000000 dior sausage 1a.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Currently wearing: Shaal Nur by Etro

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Is it rare? I wasn't aware!!!
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

The only negative statement I can make about this fragrance is that it sadly isn't much visible after three hours.
    I wished they would change this fact, reformulate it by keeping the exact smell, but rising the longevity.

How would you compare it to best sellers, like Dylan blue, Dior Sausage and Aqua di profumo?
    OK, let me hear what do you think about it.

It doesn't last very long for me either.... Prefer it to blue, sauvage, and adp but that is a very low bar.

Am not big on this "fresh" genre and not a big fan, but you asked.... so.... I got it because the prior Bulgari's are some of my favorites. But I have found in general the newer ones to be very generic and lower in performance. Try out some of the Eau de Parfumee tea scents. Those are excellent, rouge, noir, vert...even the blue one. The next round was the Aqua and flankers. Those are perhaps more modern style but still quite good, although in a popularity contest I'm sure more votes go to a blah like adp..... But they have very good longevity and somewhat unique scents, more so than man extreme anyway....

But what matters is what you think... If it's in your top 5 then wear it and be happy.....
    Currently wearing: Silver Essence by Ferrari

Blog Entries

I also own Man extreme, and think it's just ok. The dry down is really nice imo, and unlike your situation it lasts a long time on me. My guess would be olfactory fatigue, as I haven't really heard of anyone having performance issues with this one, maybe you should try asking others if they can smell it on you? I don't wear it often because it's just kinda boring to me. Another citrusy men's frag with a woodsy base.

If you're having longevity problems with it, I would suggest checking out maybe one of these: Dunhill Icon, or Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte. Both are similar to Man extreme, and I don't think you will be left disappointed. Of the 3, I personally gravitate toward the Concentre d'Orange, because of the Hermes Jean Claude Ellena DNA stamped into all of his work. He has a way with manipulating ingredients like no other, and his work is a testament to that.

Oh ya.. another one you may like the best actually, it's very well received in the fragrance community and in the real world, as I have a couple friends who wear it.. Varvatos Artisan Pure. This one is not only super cheap right now, but has fantastic longevity and performance. It's more fresh than Man Extreme, and for a fragrance that is primarily just citrus, it has insane longevity. Also a compliment monster for me.
    "I am not trendy" -Thierry Mugler
    Currently wearing: Versace l'Homme by Versace

Though finding this to be quite different from Dylan Blue, Dior Sauvage and ADG Profumo, considering Bvlgari Man Extreme to be one of the better and more unique fresh male scents both by this house and from the age during which this was released
    Currently wearing: Zino Davidoff by Davidoff

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    Haha, the "sausage" was the stupid "autocorrect" of my Smartphone. I sometimes forget to turn it off, just like I most of the time forget to change the language into English, but the latter is no issue, as my Smartphone now knows all English words in its "native language" (lol with native language) I mean my native language too, but as I always forget my Smartphone accepts now all "English words" simply because I always forget to switch into "English" lol so I forced my Smartphone to learn all English words accidentally.
    Here you see what I mean...I always forget to switch into English.

I have asked how you would "rate" the three other fragrances compared to BVLGARI Man Extreme?
    Aqua di Gio profumo was gifted to me, Dior Sauvage uses a good friend of mine, so I am familiar with the scent (I own the "very cool spray" version) of it and Dylan Blue from Versace I bought a year ago.

That's why I am asking which one would you prefer of the four scents I have mentioned and which one you consider to be the most masculine scent (in your order.)
    The most masculine is in my opinion BVLGARI Man Extreme, because there is no sweetness, it is more lemony and "dry freshness", hard to describe.
    Thank you very much for sharing your opinion!

The "small collection" I own at the moment.

My favourite of the four fragrances I own is "Chanel Allure Edition Blanche".
    The most complimented is close between the latter and Dylan Blue. For the Sauvage very cool spray, I almost never get any compliments for.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Personally don't care for it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I find all four of these very uninteresting, these don't smell modern as the AdG genre has been a top seller in the past two-three decades.

People have made some beautiful suggestions for the same question here:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/478...ean-Masculines
    Currently wearing: Derby by Guerlain

Frederic Malle Geranium pour Monsieur

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

I was going to suggest Acqua di Gio Profumo. Since you already have that, perhaps try Bvlgari Aqua Amara.