Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default SOTD: Monday, 13th July, 2020

Scent of the Day Thread for Monday, 13th July, 2020

Useful Links
    * SOTD for yesterday, Sunday, 12th July, 2020 (FFD)
    * SOTD for yesterday, Sunday, 12th July, 2020 (MFD)
    * SOTD Feature

Basenotes Robot's SOTD
    Today I'm wearing: L'Instant de Guerlain by Guerlain

Bloop bloop bleep

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: SOTD: Monday, 13th July, 2020

Oud Tobacco by Montale

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Monday, 13th July, 2020

Eau de Toilette

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes
    Currently wearing: Habit Rouge by Guerlain

Freed from BN Institution

Starting the week with Chanel Allure Homme Edition EDT Cologne Concentree
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Dependent

------------------------------------------------
    For what its worth!

hello all,
    Currently wearing: Envy for Men by Gucci

Basenotes Institution

Have a great day everyone.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. Envious of teardrop and ClockworkAlice as the working week commences. Hope you both have a relaxing break

Creed - Jardin D'Amalfi.

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Good morning all !. Envious of teardrop and ClockworkAlice as the working week commences. Hope you both have a relaxing break

Can't agree more.

A nice scenic photo Jon
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Blog Entries

Morning all!

Thanks, Jon & N.CAL!

Starting in on my part of the Rogue Sample Pass today with Jasmin Antique, & oh yes, this is nice....
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I guess it’s technically morning, although I am just now getting into bed. We started messing around with a new track today, something the BF started on a while ago and then shelved as too dark for his usual house submissions. This one sounds like old school industrial, almost like Skinny Puppy. There has been a kind of renaissance of 80s sounding stuff in the clubs lately. The kids are calling it darkwave, but it’s basically industrial with better technology and a wider palette of sounds. Most of the evening was spent looking for drilling and grinding sounds, and vocal samples from snake handling ministers saying doomy stuff about hellfire and brimstone. I think we have the bones and some flesh for something interesting, and one of the BF’s best friends and former DJ partners is now doing A & R for an indie label that has some similarly menacing sounding music, so we can probably submit it there, if we get it filled out and polished.

Scentwise: giving Ambra di Luna a rest, and wearing Creme d’Nude to bed. I’ve said it before, and i’ll Say it again: I smell lilies in here, even if MAC’s marketing says otherwise. The nose knows what it knows.
    "Put on some red lipstick, and live a little."--Dita Von Teese
    Currently wearing: Rive d'Ambre by Tom Ford

vtg. Iris Bleu Gris
    Currently wearing: Envy for Men by Gucci

doomed smeller

Midnight Amber by Oscar de la Renta
    about the only thing keeping me sane lately, is perfume...

Hello all.

Iris by Santa Maria Novella
    DONNA

Good morning everyone I have the day off and my plan is to meet my sister in the citycentre soon. Sotd for a not too hot, but sunny day is Chanel no 5.
    Currently wearing: Attraction by Lancôme

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Ungaro pour L'Homme I today
    3x2(nyz)4a

Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all
    Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.
    --John Keats

Good afternoon. I've just come in from the garden as it's begun to rain.
    I've been transplanting a potbound verbena bonariensis into the ground and
    have taken a few cuttings to grow on in pots.verbena bonariensis.jpg
    This really is an extraordinary, statuesque plant, that the butterflies seem to love.

I tend to prefer purple, pink and white in my colour palette for the garden.

Planning on putting on some Twilly by Hermes after a shower.

Here's hoping Teardrop and Clockwork are enjoying their days off.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Sillage Monster

House twins with N.CAL and Ineespenes in Chanel 31 rue Cambon.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Interesting bird discussion yesterday! I guess I didn't know they ever have a quiet time in certain areas, apart from winter. Still chirpy as ever here, though we do have what some city folk call a "wooded lot" (and we have a good-natured laugh at that) with many year-round residents such as cardinals, blue jays and several varieties of woodpeckers. They tend to nest and live out their lives here once they find us; we do feed them well. It never gets truly quiet here, and now, someone in a nearby housing addition has a rooster! I imagine he isn't making his owners any friends in their immediate neighborhood, but I love him. Love hearing that cock-a-doodle-doo from my old farmhouse; feels exactly right! He's a chatty one too; all day long, lol. Having grown up in town, always longing to get out to the country, getting to listen to a rooster is like a gift to me! Going to start taking walks in his general area, in hopes of wrangling an introduction.

I'm in Liz Claiborne Vivid parfum today; hope everyone has a great start to the week!
    Currently wearing: Samsara Shine by Guerlain

Good morning all,

I’m awake, despite only a few hours’ sleep. My conscious brain knows that I don’t have to go to work, but my deeper, unconscious, brain, and my body, are saying, “Monday morning! Coffee, shower, breakfast, and drive to the office!” and I am wondering if circadian rhythm, somehow, operate on a weekly cycle, as well as a daily cycle. It’s probably more nurture than nature, but whatever is causing it, I feel like I need to get up and at least pretend to be productive.

I’m not the earliest of risers, left to my own devices, but I’ve taught learned ways and means to make early mornings to make out of bed worthwhile. Morning yoga classes, spending real time on my makeup, special coffee drinks (we have a little Starbucks stand, not even really a kiosk, at the office, and I get to be a barista, as well as office manager, so that helps). Now that I’m in the house most of the day, I’ve found other interesting ways to “potter” (as teardrop says) around, like lingering over my coffee and reading perfume reviews, and browsing the secondhand and discount sites, for interesting deals. I’ll probably skip the makeup for a while, until I’m much more awake, and also because I like to give my skin a break, but I have time to play around with my kit, and maybe try something new. (I saw a cool tutorial on YouTube that uses a Huda Beauty palette I have (lots of yellow and orange), that looks fun, and it would harmonize with the yellow perfumes I’m already wearing. I might give it a go today).

Another advantage to early mornings (especially at home) is getting to wear a morning scent before I switch to something else in the afternoon. I like a bright, cheerful, sometimes fruity scent at this hour of the morning. Eaux, and sunny florals, especially the kind that don’t last so long, all fit the mood and the hour. Out of this month’s rotation, I narrowed my options down to Eau de Cartier Zeste de Soleil, or Jour d’Hermes. I’m not in a decisive mood mood today (probably because I’ve had no coffee yet), so I decided on a spritz or two on each arm. I might smell a little schizy (wow, my autocorrect does not like that word. It changed it to schnitzel, and then to Schmitz. Heh). Both are as as sunny as they come, and also because each lasts about 4-6 hours, so whatever I put on next, won’t clash with them. Plus I have time to think of something layers with both, in case I still have some drydown left.

And this is a crazy long post. I obviously need some coffee. This post is awfully verbose way of saying that these are my morning scents:
    [lMG]http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Cartier/Eau-de-Cartier-Zeste-de-Soleil-22216.html#[/IMG]
    Aargh, this image isn’t posting^^^. Gotta get the laptop involved for some file conversion.
    "Put on some red lipstick, and live a little."--Dita Von Teese
    Currently wearing: Rive d'Ambre by Tom Ford

Aventus
    Currently wearing: Davidoff by Davidoff

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTD

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Love hearing that cock-a-doodle-doo from my old farmhouse; feels exactly right! He's a chatty one too; all day long, lol.
    My boss keeps chickens for the egg laying, and there was a rooster for a while, but there were so many complaints from the neighbors that eventually he had to go. Some of those guys just don't know when to shut up.

Cristalle today for another slog through the swelter.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Starting in on my part of the Rogue Sample Pass today with Jasmin Antique, & oh yes, this is nice....
    I had a feeling it would be to your liking

SotE - Montale White Aoud.

A blessedly cooler day, wearing JM Tuberose Angelica. Have a good week!

Égoïste today

Basenotes Plus

Hello and best to everyone. Patou Joy (vintage edt) today.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain
    Currently wearing: Marc Jacobs by Marc Jacobs

Between two pine trees

Clockwork Alice and teardrop, I hope you have fabulous holidays!!

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    I am doomed to be one of, like, 3 people worldwide that JA just doesn't work for. Teardrop, how does it compare with the Bruno Acampora Jasmin? Is the BA truly jasmine or is it mainly gardenia? (And, if gardenia, is it more like the gardenia in ELPC Tuberose Gardenia or the gardenia in Fracas?) If it's truly jasmine, I may just blind buy it. It's still less than Sarrasins

I'm trying to get motivated to do job work; there are so many little projects around the house that keep begging for attention.

I've started off the day in 8 sprays of Arquiste Ella.

Cazaubon, I've been admiring your recent wears of several of the Parfum d'Empire fragrances. (Foxbins, too!) I love that house.
    Currently wearing: Jasmin Kâma by Rania J

Thank you, kewart, Jon and ExtremeK!
    Teardrop, have a nice time off, too!

I'm wearing Ellie Saab's Girl of Now forever from a sample today. It's a bit sweet for my liking, but fits the holiday vibe.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Cazaubon, I've been admiring your recent wears of several of the Parfum d'Empire fragrances. (Foxbins, too!) I love that house.
    Me too! I keep thinking about collecting it to completion.