Code of Conduct

Default Alternative to Aventus for everyday use

Hi all,

New here.

I have bought a 30ml decant of Aventus which was more affordable than the retail price. I save this for special occassions.

I am now looking for an alternative/clone for everyday use. I particularly like the pineapple opening and the overall natural smell (to my nose) of Aventus and would therefore like an alternative/clone which replicates these parts.

I have therefore avoided CDNIM as reviews state it opens with a synthetic lemon pledge and has a lot of smokiness. Insurrection II and Afnan SS are also said to be synthetic.

ADAMS reviews say that there is pineapple opening which smells natural - does anyone have experience with this and can attest?

Are there are any other alternatives which have the pineapple opening and smell natural whilst also being affordable?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Alternative to Aventus for everyday use

Perhaps Cedrat Boise by Mancera
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Classics for the win.

Mont Blanc Explorer

I've yet to find a decent one in all honesty. Explorer really isn't that close, unfortunately. If you could take the opening of Office for Men - namely the grapefruit accord - tack in on to Explorer, and then add a bit 'more' to the base than simple ambroxan and some cheap fake woods, it would be the best bet. But it's still lacking those fundamental elements to make it adequate in my view.

The best clones are Amber by Laboratory Perfumes in my opinion, followed by the 'sporty' side of Aventus being replicated by Office for Men. Another, non EDT, fragrance was No 9 by Victor Milton Lloyd but it's very cheap and slightly nasty in the base and more like a bodyspray.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Among the very affordable options: Zara Man Gold and/or Zara Virbant Leather, Playboy VIP, Lapidus PH (though some might be lacking the natural, others of these not best suited for daytime/everyday use).
    While Poseidon's Elixir by Dua Fragrances among costlier but still options-though its naturalness might still be open for some debate in spite of higher pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by slpfrsly View Post
    I've yet to find a decent one in all honesty.
    Unfortunately, this is the truth.

If the thing you like most about Aventus is the pineapple, well - I hate to say it but that note is really what makes Aventus special. CDNIM has a lemon-y opening and is synthetic and harsh all the way through. Explorer has citrus as well, no pineapple. I can't speak to any of DUA's offerings, but for the price they charge - why not just buy another decant of REAL Aventus??

I mean, at the end of the day - life is too short to not be enjoyed as much as one can day by day. If you love Aventus, just wear the Aventus!! None of us are promised any specific amount of time here. Wear what makes you happy, when it runs out, I promise you that you will find a way to buy more.

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Mont Blanc Explorer
    This is one of my regulars. I don't wear it as much as I use to. However, I really don't think it's all that close to Aventus.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Perhaps Cedrat Boise by Mancera
    Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Mont Blanc Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    If you love Aventus, just wear the Aventus!! None of us are promised any specific amount of time here. Wear what makes you happy, when it runs out, I promise you that you will find a way to buy more.
    I agree with all three of these. Explorer and Cedrat Boise are both excellent fragrances if you are a fan of Aventus you should try them.

Diamond Joe has a point though, if you really love Aventus, just wear it and be happy!