Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus
    Feedback 0

Default Creed Boutique: Acier Aluminum

Just noticed that 250 mL is going for USD $355.
    Currently wearing: Oud Minérale by Tom Ford

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Creed Boutique: Acier Aluminum

Thanks for the update
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Member Feedback 0

Thanks - just blind bought it because I doubt I will ever see it cheaper. What is the usual price of the 250ml? Hednic - what are your thoughts about the fragrance?

Basenotes Plus
    Feedback 0

Now listed as sold out. I wonder how many flacons they had available?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Hednic - what are your thoughts about the fragrance?
    I have the original release and think it's a wonderful fragrance.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by davidcalgary29 View Post
    Now listed as sold out. I wonder how many flacons they had available?
    Your post made me nervous, as I always hold my breath in anticipation of a cancellation notice when I am one of the last people to buy something before it goes out of stock. Thankfully, I just received a shipping notification from the Creed Boutique. No clue how many flacons they had available. I always assumed that this was a discontinued fragrance, so I am happy that I was able to order it.

Basenotes Plus
    Feedback 0

I did the same thing. I'm not sure if Creed considers this frag to be "vaulted", as they seem to offer it up for sale, in limited quantities, every few years (at least based on reports from members of this site). That being said, it was a good deal from Creed, which usually just offers up regular retail prices.

I received my bottle today and am wearing the scent this evening. It has batch code 17X01. The fragrance is unique and difficult to describe. It is almost like a very distant cousin to Spicebomb, except a bit soapy with overripe fruit worked into the scent profile.

Basenotes Plus
    Feedback 0

I received my bottle today and am wearing the scent this evening. It has batch code 17X01. The fragrance is unique and difficult to describe. It is almost like a very distant cousin to Spicebomb, except a bit soapy with overripe fruit worked into the scent profile.
    Sounds enticing! My order is still stuck at the border. I've gone the full fruit bowl with Creed's men fragrances (Aventus; Neroli Sauvage), so this is going to be an interesting addition.

Quote Originally Posted by davidcalgary29 View Post
    Sounds enticing! My order is still stuck at the border. I've gone the full fruit bowl with Creed's men fragrances (Aventus; Neroli Sauvage), so this is going to be an interesting addition.
    This is definitely different from the Creeds that you mentioned, as it is not nearly as fresh. In a Basenotes review of the fragrance, Kaizen1972 wrote the following: “Creed's Acier Aluminum, now discontinued, is a macho, powdery fruity musky fragrance with a strong old-school men's chypre vibe that many may spurn now.” I agree with this assessment.

Basenotes Plus
    Feedback 0

I fully expect that it's the type of scent that will take a few wears, under different atmospheric conditions, to begin to like (if not appreciate). I can work with rotten fruit if it's got a '70s vibe to it.

I also noticed that Creed are offering a special promotion that consists of a free 10mL atomizer when you buy a flacon of "selected" flacons. I've already asked if we are eligible for this purchase -- and the answer is no. The promotion keeps popping up on the Creed website when I visit, but beware - it actually applies to purchases on or after August 3.

- - - Updated - - -

This is definitely different from the Creeds that you mentioned, as it is not nearly as fresh. In a Basenotes review of the fragrance, Kaizen1972 wrote the following: “Creed's Acier Aluminum, now discontinued, is a macho, powdery fruity musky fragrance with a strong old-school men's chypre vibe that many may spurn now.” I agree with this assessment.
    Having just sampled my own bottle, I also agree! This is going to be a joy to wear.
    Last edited by davidcalgary29; 29th July 2020 at 03:43 PM.