Code of Conduct

Default Why is Prada L'homme Intense so weak?? Fake???

Hey, I just got the Prada L'homme intense, yes I blind bought it, I can return if I want to. I love the smell, it's really masculine. However, I feel like this turns into a skin scent so quick. Even when i spray on clothes I can barely smell it. There were a lot of reviews that say this is strong and that 2 sprays would be enough. I bought mine from FragranceX, could it be I have a bad batch, fake? I know fragrances work differently on peoples skin, but I don't understand how this is weak for me on clothes and stronger for others?

Default Re: Why is Prada L'homme Intense so weak?? Fake???

I don’t recall it being super strong but it definitely had a solid, “thick” presence and lasted a good while when I used to own it.

The only thing I can tell you is that I have had many fragrances in the past that seemed quite weak—thin, muted, kind of flat, and poorly projecting—for the first few days after I opened them, especially the first day. I believe a lot of fragrances need about a week or two to really get going. FragranceX by all accounts is a reliable seller, so I highly doubt you have a fake. My advice is to contact them, but maybe keep it a bit longer to see if it “opens up” and gets stronger or if you’re really stuck with some bad juice.
    *My current wardrobe is up to date as of: 7/29/20

Yeah I agree that may be true, I had Gucci Guilty and it seem to smell better as I used it and maybe a bit stronger. Im just confused on how people with first impression that got this said it lasted so long the first time they used it. I'll give it a try and test it again to see in a few weeks.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Brian88 View Post
    I bought mine from FragranceX, could it be fake?
    Most likely not.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I don’t recall it being super strong but it definitely had a solid, “thick” presence and lasted a good while when I used to own it.

The only thing I can tell you is that I have had many fragrances in the past that seemed quite weak—thin, muted, kind of flat, and poorly projecting—for the first few days after I opened them, especially the first day. I believe a lot of fragrances need about a week or two to really get going. FragranceX by all accounts is a reliable seller, so I highly doubt you have a fake. My advice is to contact them, but maybe keep it a bit longer to see if it “opens up” and gets stronger or if you’re really stuck with some bad juice.
    +1.

It's quite weak compared to my collection ratings I'd generously rate the sillage and projection 2.

I agree with Buysblind. I sampled it extensively and I found it to be very present and “thick” to the degree of annoying. I found it to be very heavy on patchouli so much that it drowns the creamy iris and the other notes. I found it nowhere to be similar to the rest of the line. I have a tendency not to wash off a scent when sampling in order to give it every chance possible to the very end. I didn’t wash this off but wished it wouldn’t last so loooong.

I was disappointed in the whole L’homme line as it didn’t provide the clean and dry iris effect I was looking for. The neroli and amber are just too strong and especially the amber too sweet. This ruined it for me. I haven’t tried the Water Splash flanker though and don’t plan to anymore.
    Currently wearing: Zen for Men by Shiseido

Fragrance X is a reputable company, so I doubt it's fake. Also, if it smells fine (not thin and watery), than it's probably real.
    Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica

Though likely and hopefully not fake, did remember this to be (at least during each personal testing so far) lasting quite decently while more moderate on projection than its name might suggest

Update, I sprayed it on the day before and one spray on my arm before bed, just cause I wanted to . Somehow the next morning about 6-8 hrs later someone in my family noticed someone was wearing cologne and asked, wasn't really a compliment or a dislike, just questioning who sprayed. Apparently I guess it's strong, but I can't smell it on myself and maybe others can? Still going to do a few more tests in a week or so to see how it goes.

Los Angeles, CA- too damn close to Scent Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian88 View Post
    Update, I sprayed it on the day before and one spray on my arm before bed, just cause I wanted to . Somehow the next morning about 6-8 hrs later someone in my family noticed someone was wearing cologne and asked, wasn't really a compliment or a dislike, just questioning who sprayed. Apparently I guess it's strong, but I can't smell it on myself and maybe others can? Still going to do a few more tests in a week or so to see how it goes.
    That's very common issue. Happens to me all the time.

Very often you will go blind to a scent when others can still smell it.
    Currently Loving:

Bois du Portugal
    Invasion Barbare
    Le 3e Homme
    Ormande Jayne Man
    New York Intense
    Patchouli Intense
    Naxos
    Ombre Leather
    Clubman/Canoe/Wild Country/Azzaro Pour Homme
    Currently wearing: Private Label by Jovoy

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    That's very common issue. Happens to me all the time.

Very often you will go blind to a scent when others can still smell it.
    I just bought this too, idk if it could be nose blind already lol, hopefully it does get stronger over time, I have noticed some of my fragrances tend to do that for some reason. I really like this fragrance scent.