Code of Conduct

Default perfume to moisturize hair ?

can alcohol perfumes be used to moisturize hair ? or does it need to be alcohol free (because it would dry up the hair) ?

I think the alcohol will dissipate quickly and then the oils will hydrate the hair ?

thanks

Jeff

Default Re: perfume to moisturize hair ?

I don’t think these would be moisturizing to the hair. Alcohol is drying and is used in many dry shampoo sprays to suck up excess oil and grease from the hair.

Argan oil is a good option for an oil that can be applied to the hair and is moisturizing, but it doesn’t have as much of a scent.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Wingie View Post
    Alcohol is drying and is used in many dry shampoo sprays to suck up excess oil and grease from the hair.
    This.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

everyday i'm samplin'

No, alcohol will dry it out and frizz ya. Tom Ford and Fredrick Malle make hair mists i believe. A lot of other companies do too im sure.
    I smell.

If you’re looking to moisturize your hair with fragrance, you may want to consider the dry shampoos others have mentioned and let your hair’s own natural oils do the moisturizing. OUAI makes a great dry shampoo with an amazing fresh patchouli-based scent. My SO despises patchouli but loves this stuff (and I love it on her). It also carries well because your hair acts as a diffuser.

I wouldn't use alcohol based perfume. A lot of brands have perfumed hair mists that are said to be good.
    Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica

No, get some hair mists, which are alcohol-free. I know Malle and Chanel make them. I also have some from Pacifica. And high-end dry shampoo can smell really great, too, as has been mentioned.

For hair moisture, I like to use a lot of lightweight conditioner and not rinse it all the way out. I’m currently using Innersense, which smells like orange blossom. If I need extra help, I like to use a couple of drops of marula oil once it’s dry.
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingie View Post
    I don’t think these would be moisturizing to the hair. Alcohol is drying and is used in many dry shampoo sprays to suck up excess oil and grease from the hair.

Argan oil is a good option for an oil that can be applied to the hair and is moisturizing, but it doesn’t have as much of a scent.

Further seconding. In fact have first found this actual/particular opinion incidentally also here on BN, on a similar thread discussing pretty much the same question and topic.