Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Antaeus

MandoChristo

Default Antaeus

cedriceccentric, can you email me the jpg of that ad?

please.

my email is on my profile.

Please.

forgive me if I have offended anyone on here. it was not my intention.

Mandochristo

Default Antaeus

Quote Originally Posted by MandoChristo
    cedriceccentric, can you email me the jpg of that ad?

please.

my email is on my profile.

Please.

forgive me if I have offended anyone on here. it was not my intention.

Mandochristo
    This image comes from a website called image de parfums. Click on the link and go to the Chanel page. They have 3 Antaeus ads. Unfortunatelly they don't have the famous TV ad.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/imagesdeparfums/en/index.htm

MandoChristo

Default Antaeus

Thank you C. that was nice of you.

MandoChristo

Default Antaeus

Cedric, that's a cool site with all the ads. thanks again for putting down the link.

Damn it's cool. I put that Antaeus ad on my desktop screen. Man, that man is hot.

Guess you can tell I'm gay. I don't care if it's obvious.

Woof, woof, woof baby. I mean the guy in the ad!!

MandoChristo

Default Antaeus

Actually I wasn't sure you were...how much did you score on the "are you gay test" in the off topic section? ;D

Default Antaeus

With the profusion of patchouli-based scents this last year (Kouros Sport, Lui de Rochas and Rive Gauche, and others too I suppose), the much cast aside Antaeus is really heavenly!

I'm not a fan of patchouli, but, you know what, I can appreciate it now. We broke upon a sample tonight and it's just great! In fact, I'll wear it tomorrow and report then...

Default Antaeus

? for you gentlemen.
    i am wearing tabarome today, and to me, it smells of a new pair of leather shoes. not bad, but not for me.
    i have read of anteaus and it seems this is also a leather cologne. how does it compare to tabarome then.

and, so that i can learn more, what note in tabarome or anteaus makes it smell like leather? if i can find the note(s), then when i am looking at getting a cologne, i can see if the certain basenote is present and get an idea of how it would relate.

Default Antaeus

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric

This image comes from a website called image de parfums. Click on the link and go to the Chanel page. They have 3 Antaeus ads. Unfortunatelly they don't have the famous TV ad.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/imagesdeparfums/en/index.htm
    I like How Aqua Di parma features only bottles of scent weheras every other one shows us beautiful models and are trying to sell us some concept.
    Chrome features men with Babies !!! LOL, why would you subject your baby with metallic scent like that ? Wouldn't you want to smell like Baby Powder, isnlt that what babies dig ???

Gotham City
    Currently wearing: Pour Un Homme by Caron

PTP

Default Antaeus

A sad day, my local department store will shortly discontinue selling Antaeus. Saddened by the news, she gave me what she had left of the wicked 4ml spray samples, I got 4 Antaeus, plus 2 each Allure & Pour Monsieur (Orig.)

Luckilly I went there clean shaven; I then proceded to rub up with a palm full of this After-Shave Moisturiser all over, that followed by a nice shower of their EdT.

[IMG]
    http://um-chanel.edgesuite.net/image...LG_GB_T_MP.gif
    [/IMG]
    [IMG]
    http://um-chanel.edgesuite.net/image...SM_GB_T_MP.gif
    [/IMG]

[IMG]
    http://um-chanel.edgesuite.net/image...FMANT040LG.jpg
    [/IMG]

BTW..... THIS STUFF ROCKS!!!

Default Antaeus

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham City

I like How Aqua Di parma features only bottles of scent weheras every other one shows us beautiful models and are trying to sell us some concept.
    Chrome features men with Babies !!! LOL, why would you subject your baby with metallic scent like that ? Wouldn't you want to smell like Baby Powder, isnlt that what babies dig ???

Gotham City
    I like models, locations and make believes. Selling a dream is what atracts me to fragrances.

Default Antaeus

I like models, locations and make believes. Selling a dream is what actracts me to fragrances.
    Not when they all smell the same... if you're selling a dream, I want to experience the dream. Like Happy for men with guy in the suit all happy and jumpy.. that
    s okay.. but usually they have like a big wave of water and droplets sticking to scantily-clad bodies.. Too bad multimedia still cannot transmit olfactory signals !

Gotham
    Currently wearing: Pour Un Homme by Caron

Default Antaeus

I agree. Of course like the many boring scents launched each year there are as many boring ads.

Blog Entries

Default Antaeus

I like models, locations and make believes. Selling a dream is what atracts me to fragrances.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................ selling me the dream of being "normal" and finding "babes" attractive!

;D
    Currently wearing: 1881 Signature by Cerruti

Default Antaeus

Unfortunatelly they don't have the famous TV ad.
    Cedric:

I remember an Antaeus television ad in which against a white background the black bottle would morf into the famous black Chanel guitar then into a black motorcycle helmet with the CC logo then into a wheel to a race car with the CC log in the middle then back to the bottle with this ending image.

An interesting commercial at the time.

Default Antaeus

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus

Cedric:

I remember an Antaeus television ad in which against a white background the black bottle would morf into the famous black Chanel guitar then into a black motorcycle helmet with the CC logo then into a wheel to a race car with the CC log in the middle then back to the bottle with this ending image.

An interesting commercial at the time.

Oh! I don't remember that one...Maybe it was made specially for the USA. Because there is this line people say in the advertising business:" If Americans don't get it (understand), it must be a Chanel ad." So I would understand they made a different one.

Default Antaeus

i found a splash bottle of this today.. is there a spray version? anyone know if there's a difference in smell due to the method of application? (i remember a thread about splash vs. spray yielding different notes)

MandoChristo

Default Antaeus

This scent say "Man" all over it, I wear leather, cool and easygoing and sexy and I'm a Man".

This one I'm getting tomorrow at a shop close to home. It won't cost as much as buying at the boutique, thank god and from what the SA at the shop said, "It's the last one in the shop". Don't think I didn't say, "I want you to put a hold on this one for me for tomorrow".

I can't wait to have more, Give me more Antaeus.

M.C.

MandoChristo

Default Antaeus

Got me some more Antaeus!!! Hurray, Hurray.

just being silly.

Glad i got more definitely, this stuff is that men should smell like.

Default Antaeus

where? how much? ;D
    i need to get myself some

MandoChristo

Default Antaeus

i live in southern california and i bought near my home at place called the Fragrance Shop, no relation to that one on the internet. well, they charged 62.00 bucks for it and i got the last one in the store. they normally carry this one so i can give you the phone number and inquire if you like, call 714.695.0854.

Hope that helps you in your search. they normally do carry it so don't despair.

M.C.

Default Antaeus

As much as I did and still love this scent...I wore it so much years ago that I cannot bear to put it on now.....there are still tons of it here in Bermuda.

P & S,

O
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

Default Antaeus

Mmmmm, I'm wearing Antaeus today at the office. So potent, so masculine (thanks Jacques Polge!!!). I feel sorry for my colleagues who have to bear with this super-strong fragrance of mine. This thing lasts on my body like 24 hours. Best thing is, nobody else in the office wears this ;D.
    I have no problems finding it here where I live though. Both Egoiste and Platinum (which I also lurrve) are very easy to find as well. Sadly, I've never seen any of the ads.

Default Antaeus

Was shopping for some new cologne the other day and by suprise (and coincidence), I found Antaeus. However, they did not have any testor bottles or samples, so I've never smelled the stuff myself. I've heard wonderful things about this cologne, but am a bit hesitant to purchase it because I haven't tried it. I'm still a bit wish-washy on purchasing Wall Street or Chez Bond right now, and maybe even Versace's 'Dreamer', but I can pick those up any time I want. The lady told me they only get a few bottles of Antaeus in every year, and only at this time of the year. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appeciated....

Basenotes Plus

Default Antaeus

I think Antaeus is suitable for older men, possibly 40+. The smell is not modern. Old school woody and oriental. Not good for someone as myself as i am a young man. But i know lots of guys who like it. Get a sample before you buy it.

Default Antaeus

I can only say BUY IT!!!! Always in my top 5!! This is pure class!

That goes for the bottle as well!

Mic.

Default Antaeus

Count me in as a fan. I guess that makes me an old guy

Default Antaeus

Antaeus.. well, I've been wearing it close to all week this week, it's my #1, I've tried hundreds and nothing really comes close to being as enjoyable as this for me. Old? Young? its all subjective preception. I view it as young, that beeswax finish, I find quite modern and clean cut - does it smell like synthetic citrus? no. But, it's a timeless classic thats appropriate and damn great any place any time. Will you like it Colonel_Rebel? I dunno. But I sure do! IMO, and just MO, I'd get 2 bottles and that amazing aftershave balm!

Default Antaeus

I disagree with the old fashioned label on some leather fragrances. Pure and smooth leather fragrances can be worn confidently by any age. Mix leather together with a strong oakmoss note or heady herbal accord and that spells old fashioned. Antaeus, Bel Ami, Zino, Creed REL, Dzing!, Baladin -- these are some of the smooth leather fragrances that I enjoy to wear and I'm only 26. Just because it's leather doesn't mean it's for older men. Just avoid Knize Ten at all costs

~Clinton

Default Antaeus

Count me as fan (and I am a woman) - I wear it myself and wish more men were wearing it around me. It is not an everyday safe scent. It is intense, complex. Think Basala, Bel Ami, Gentleman Givenchy. Not in exact notes but in the overall feeling. It is warm and growing on the wearer. Good stuff.

Default Antaeus

Picture an autumn day in rural New England. Get all those gaudy oranges, yellows and reds out of that picture ... it's already past that point: the leaves have already fallen and have started to dry up. Now imagine it's a Sunday ... crisp ... brilliantly sunny. Now imagine the woman you've been dying to go out with. Imagine you're taking a drive with her in that New England countryside on this glorious day.

Now you return home, and she's beside you. Sure ... you know that you put on Antaeus that morning, and you know that as she gets close to you, that's what she smells on you. But she doesn't know that. As she gets closer and breathes in the Antaeus that you've got on, she's smelling the Autumn spice of dried-up leaves poised on the edge of Winter's oblivion; she's remembering stomping through those puddles on that country lane and not caring about the mess and smiling now at the memory of it; she's smelling the scent of the sun-bleached wood of that old dilapidated barn she leaned up against as you took her picture; she's remembering smelling her hands after running them over the lichen encrusted stones of that wall the two of you sat on way out there in the middle of that deserted field; she's smelling the scent of that wood fire as you drove back home with the windows open; she's smelling the leather jacket that you took off more than an hour ago ...

That ..... That is Antaeus!

The next day, Monday, you get up (alone or not, I'll leave that up to your own imagination) and recall the day that's just passed. As it's Monday morning, you increasingly find yourself thinking about your boss and the snide comment he made last week about your tie. What do you slap on? ... Chrome! ........ Leave Antaeus for those glorious Sundays!
    ..."net", not "naut".