Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Apple's iTunes

Default Apple's iTunes

here we go again.

Maybe some people just don't like to steal no matter how others rationalize it.

In fact I actually BOUGHT 3 new CDs today.

The Hidden Cameras - The Smell of Our Own
    Blur - Think Tank
    The Flaming Lips - Fight Test EP

Default Apple's iTunes

ITs not stealing or do I have to spell it out for you as well?

Al
    Larry gave me his leisure suit.

www.deadmansdance.com

Default Apple's iTunes

Well you've already tried spelling it out and I am still not convinced.  Let me see if I can restate your argument:

- Music sucks these days
    - Rarely is there a CD were every song is worth buying
    - The music industry is corrupt and deserves it
    - Intellectual property isn't property at all

How this adds up to "therefore its not stealing to download music on which many people spent thousands of man-hours writing, producing, recording, mixing, mastering and marketing" is still a mystery to me.  The notion that it's only stealing if you are taking the $1 (or less) worth of plastic is ridiculous.

Downloading to sample music is one thing but downloading in lieu of buying is theft.

Make a convincing argument and I'll stop being such a bastard.

Default Apple's iTunes

LOL! Ok as I said earlier if I like a CD and I find it worthwhile with more than a few good songs iwill buy the CD. However since this is rarely the case I prefer to hear the tracks first before I blow money. Let me put it like this I get many Cds for free however I end up giving away a lot of CDs since they are utter garbage. I'd never throw away someones brainchild no matter how much garbage it is. Now if a CD has one amazing song and hte rest are duds well then I dont think many hours were put into it for the users benefit but rather for the studios profit which in that case makes me all the more happy to play Robin Hood! i've worked with studios and used to date the daughter of Virgin's VP. Studios are WICKED evil demons. Studio heads are scum! Studio execs are vermin! Studio execs daughters are quite fine! oops there I go again being salacious! ;^)

Regards,
    Al
    Larry gave me his leisure suit.

www.deadmansdance.com

Default Apple's iTunes

I'll give you points for the salacious jab.

The studio's motivation and their level of wickedness still doesn't justify it.

Although, one of the reasons I like the iTunes server is that it gives one a legit way of obtaining single songs.