Soir de Paris / Evening in Paris (new) (1991)
by Bourjois

Soir de Paris / Evening in Paris (new) information

Year of Launch1991

HouseBourjois
PerfumerJacques Polge
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyWertheimer > Coty Inc
Parent Company at launchWertheimer

About Soir de Paris / Evening in Paris (new)

Soir de Paris / Evening in Paris (new) is a feminine perfume by Bourjois. The scent was launched in 1991 and the fragrance was created by perfumers François Demachy and Jacques Polge

Soir de Paris / Evening in Paris (new) fragrance notes

Reviews of Soir de Paris / Evening in Paris (new)

The 1928 version of this was done by Ernest Beaux - who also did No5. And that's no coincidence, the people who run Parfums Chanel also run Bourjois. They are in effect parallel companies, high market and low, and this is their cheap No5, re-engineered by François Demachy with the help of Jacques Polge - who did No5 EdP and Eau Première.
If No5 is Van Cleef & Arpels, this is crap from Ratners; you get what you pay for.
16th December, 2020 (last edited: 17th December, 2020)
This reformulation starts as a dry, tweedy, somewhat sharp scent, settling over a non-descript floral mélange. The dry down is a powdery combo of peach and apricot.

Bergamot, Apricot, Peach, Violet
Rose, Jasmine, Heliotrope, Ylang, Muguet, Orris
Amber, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla

This is nice, but not outstanding. It is very light, compared with the rich original. At least the reformulation has a classy cobalt blue and silver bottle design.
04th June, 2015
The new version isn't as good as the vintage. I must qualify that right off. But, if you take it as it's own fragrance and not a poor imitation of the original, I quite like it. Then I am known for liking powdery scents and I'm absolutely crazy for violets.
14th May, 2011
I have managed to obtain a bottle of this re-introduced and re-formulated Evening in Paris and a bottle of the original that my mother wore. This morning I am doing a comparison and as far as I'm concerned there absolutely is no similarity other then the name. The new version hurts my nose something awful, has so much silage you can smell me out in the street when I'm inside with the doors closed, doesn't have a very nice smell, and is starting to make me sneeze my head off. If you want to smell the real Evening in Paris your mother and grandmother used go find a vintage bottle. It has lasted amazingly well and smells lovely.
05th February, 2011
I bought Soir De Paris,I love it. It reminds me of my grandmother back when I was little girl. There is another buy it is in english. Evening in paris.
24th May, 2010
Too sweet, too horrible, too tragic. Loud and obnoxious. A sort of revolting, 'Tresor'-type fragrance. Overblown flowers and fruit. Yuk.
02nd February, 2010

Add your review of Soir de Paris / Evening in Paris (new)

Shop for Soir de Paris / Evening in Paris (new) products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Soir de Paris / Evening in Paris (new)

There are no member images of Soir de Paris / Evening in Paris (new) yet. Why not be the first?