Burberry for Women (1995)
by Burberry

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyBurberry
Parent Company at launchJean Philippe > Inter Parfums

About Burberry for Women

Formerly known as Burberry, then Burberry London, but then back to plain ol' Burberry in late 2005 to make way for new Burberry London scents.

Burberry for Women fragrance notes

Reviews of Burberry for Women

Scent of a Woman,starring Al Pacino and Chris O'Donnell.she's a young prep school student and agrees to be a caretaker to a blind,rerired veteran(Al Pacino), she's there for him in a way other's are not,which forms a unique bond between the two.she is delicate, beautiful,graceful. a simple,black dress,her tied in a bun,delicate earrings and red lips and while tango dance with him at the restaurant,her scent, her delicacy and her charm impression him and he soft whispers in her ear,"darling, everything will be all right",no matter how the world is changing, and in spite of that,because true beauty is beyond time.

Burberry Women is all fruity and syrupy like apricot nectar and fruit cakes.a delicious,cheerful young fragrance.the opening is screechy powdery and the dry down is soft mossy& woods.this powdery smell is not a flowery powder like Lancome Tresor,but rather a musky powder.what is present to my nose is the apricot,peach, musk,and vanilla.It represents youth and innocent.feel like a loving woman who just never encountered difficulty of life, blissfully ignorant of the outside world,just happiness, always surrounded by loved ones, no extreme ambition to fulfill. It's a scent to offer somebody close who needs to come closer to you.sillage is very close and longevity is good.
19th January, 2021
I know I've tried this before. Probably during a sniffing excursion with my mother at Macy's long ago, I tried and liked. It was before I became "serious" about perfumes. I am reminded of a sweet, candied accord, well-blended, where notes are difficult to discern. Sweet, yet floral. Medicinal in a holistic-formula way. An odd mix, but delightful.

The top notes blur. Pretty. Notes here, I find are difficult to identify individually. Well-blended is good. Makes me believe I am smelling something special, well thought out. Bafflement, as I call it secretly, is what I crave.

It smells almost like the taste, of candy cigarettes or those candy necklaces we would buy as a child, in the late 60's / early 70's. Still, the slightest hints of herbs, dried herbs of some sort, in the background. And then, a cloud of oriental-style notes, move in. Sugary still, but with more woodiness and amber, later on. An almost caramel feel as well... Creamy, milky magnificently feminine even later...
09th August, 2019
There is really nothing I can say that hasn't been said already. I agree with other reviewers who have called this particular Burberry offering pleasant, comforting, warm, boring, and entirely forgettable. It's been a few years since I've worn this, and I'd like to give it another try. I'm not above boring.

EDIT: After a few weeks on this site, I realize that I've been a Michael Almairec fan for years and didn't even know it. I'll definitely give this another go.
18th April, 2018
Burberry for Women is a warm, slightly sweet fragrance. It seems to meld luxuriously with your skin and I can understand why some people describe this as a classy, sexy fragrance or sprinkle the word 'cashmere' around as a reference - but I just don't like it. There is a men's Lynx (Axe in the US) deodorant that smells exactly like this - I think it's the Africa one, but I'm not exactly sure. I've always hated it - a sourness over sugar discord. Admittedly, Burberry for Women is a nicer, smoother, more luxurious version of it, but when you smell like cheap male deodorant, you smell like cheap male deodorant.
08th January, 2018
I made a blind buy of a bottle called Burberry London--from before it was re-named just "Burberry." Feels like I'm wearing a completely different scent from the notes described above. I don't get lavender, bergamot, or mint, as listed in the notes. I get something creamy, sort of fruity (peach?) that has a sweet almost root beer or cotton candy tinge to it. And a very faint edge of something weird--if I were more knowledgeable about perfume, perhaps I could name it. It's like an almost fleshy scent, like the inside of your nose. Like fresh meat inside plastic. Is that strange? I want to say I like this perfume, but I can't, because of this strange thing I detect. I'll try it again, and see if it grows on me.
16th June, 2015
I miss this scent. When I get a chance I'm going to pick it up again. This one is classy and lingering. It is a good blend for a non-floral day.
04th April, 2015