Eternity (1988)

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchMinnetonka

About Eternity

Eternity was inspired Calvin's marriage to Kelly Rector. Calvin gave Kelly a beautiful antique ring inscribed with the word, 'eternity'.
Eternity is a floral scent.

Eternity fragrance notes

Reviews of Eternity

rbaker Show all reviews
The opening note includes a mandarin part - giving lightness and freshness- and white florals - mainly muguet. This all is combined with a whiff of a green herbal element. Bright and pleasant.

Later on I get an ambery woodsiness that combines with a very soft and pale patchouli impression.

I get soft sillage, adequate projection and four hours of longevity on my skin.

A light daytime spring scent that starts in an agreeable fashion, but the drydown is very generic and not particularly enticing. 2.75/5.
06th February, 2019
Sophia Grojsman's classic fragrance, I can't tell if I love it b/c of its quality or b/c a girlfriend wore it 27 years ago. Maybe a bit of both. I love the crisp sharp citrus and the Grojsman artistry. One of my favorite women's fragrances.
18th July, 2017
An elderly woman came into the building I work in and I smelled this on her and had to ask her what it was. It is the most sheer fragrance but very powerful. Until I read the reviews here I loved it, but then I recognized each of the flaws spoken about: the soapiness, the cheap rose. But it's funny, I am quite a nose and didn't detect any of these before someone mentioned them. To me, it was a fresh white tulip or daffodil fragrance, so transparent and sparkling, but the only voice in the room at its high frequency. This could easily have slipped into the white musk Aquanet hairspray territory, but it didn't.

I do notice these elegant, sheer florals that only charming older women can get away with for some reason. Girls don't smell like flowers anymore, they smell like really the popular aromachemical of the season.
23rd April, 2017
jacona Show all reviews
I recall smelling this everywhere when I was a teen, people bathed it in. Back then as much as I loved it, I'd never have bought it because everyone else was wearing it.

I recently bought a bottle after rediscovering a sample and still love this scent. Fresh, green floral, a hint of citrus and spice, a bit aquatic and ethereal.

I can't comment on any of the flankers, but the original is beautiful.
16th February, 2017
Eternity has always reminded me of something a girl next door type would wear. Spicy carnation in a bouquet of lovely florals, a splash of citruses that help freshen up the green notes. Lily of the valley is bright and clean, and is a great complement to the soft and creamy carnation. Very pleasant - it's a great, clean '90s staple fragrance.
13th June, 2016
My husband surprised me with this for no reason. He probably found a good deal on ebay. My sister loved this when it first came out. I like it and I have received compliments. Its so floral and light I can go a little crazy when I spray it on.
28th May, 2015

Add your review of Eternity

Shop for Eternity products online

Shop for Eternity at online perfumeries

Search on eBay