Deneuve (1986)

AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseCatherine Deneuve
Parent Company at launchAvon > Phénix

About Deneuve

Deneuve is a feminine perfume by Catherine Deneuve. The scent was launched in 1986

Deneuve fragrance notes

Reviews of Deneuve

When it first came out it took me by absolute surprise how instantly and how hard I fell for this one. I was expecting something light and floral, but what happened was a more of an earthbound floral with very sensual undertones. I was broke then, so worshipped from afar. I recently got a mini that has gone a little off, but the drydown is still a rich floral with heady civet, oakmoss, and musk undertones.
09th December, 2020
Green floral chypre, very reminiscent of vintage Ivoire but more aldehydic and to my nose lacking that melancholy something that makes Ivoire so great.
27th December, 2019
Why was it discontinued? I loved this Fragrance so much it was my favorite of all time. Would always buy a bottle when ran out. If I had known ahead of time they were to discontinue I would have bought a case of it. Wish I could find something in similar smell, but no luck so far.
16th December, 2018
Why was this wonderful fragrance discontinued? It was a wonderful woodsy floral, a little heavy on the woodsy, that I wore in the late 80s and always got compliments on. It stayed around for the long haul, but I never got any criticism on this. Wish they would bring this lovely fragrance back.
05th September, 2012
I often give a thumbs up if I believe a perfume does a good job as it is intended, even if it is not my own personal style. This one is a thumbs up AND my style. It opens in a beautiful florist shop green bouquet..very natural smelling. Then it is mostly a dry mossy musk. DRY MOSSY MUSK!!!! (I've never really encountered it.) The flowers are velvet-laden...you don't really sense them, but as soft jasmine-rose presence. It is elegant, and classically french. My only complaint is it is quiet. It never sings out. I admire that, but also like a little bravado at some point in a fragrance.
15th November, 2010
Bon Vivant to Mme Deneuve for this Lovely
Perfume this fragrance brings out her Personalty Cool refined elegant worldly
sophisticated and French.
Mrs Deneuve the Legendary screen goddess
released her only fragrance Deneuve in 1986 the top notes first applied to my skin is an hearty note of greens crisp and bright with the coolly sophistication of Aldehyde; the heart notes dries to a scent of dry muguet
Rose for an Powdery texture and grounded
Orris for an earthy feel.

I do smell a pervasive amount of Jasmine
but the drydown is a bit oily but nice
with Warm dry Sandalwood with a deep
woodsy note of Oak moss musk for an masculine appeal and civet which i don't
think it should be in this perfume but it is.

I love Catherine Deneuve she brings French Elegance and Womanhood to the screen.
09th October, 2010

Add your review of Deneuve

Shop for Deneuve products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Deneuve

There are no member images of Deneuve yet. Why not be the first?