Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum (2001)
by Chanel

Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum information

Year of Launch2001

HouseChanel
PerfumerJacques Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum

Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum is a feminine perfume by Chanel. The scent was launched in 2001 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Polge

Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum

I'm hard pressed to find a fragrance so stridently synthetic that I enjoy so much. It's so blatantly fabricated, so brashly out-there, I have to believe it's the way it is by design and wit. I admire the balls it takes to produce something like this under Chanel and pass it off with a straight-face (specially at the time it was launched - less so nowadays). It's a joke. But what a good one. The Chanel with the most out of control joie de vivre, it also has nowadays the added bonus of being so ubiquitous you can be anything and anyone wearing this - because anyone and everyone who has been or done anything and everything has already worn it before you. It affords you an anonymity, a blending in, a not standing out for uniqueness. Who are you in a crowd when you're wearing this? Anyone and no one, which is a special kind of superpower - and a special kind of comfort. Like so many Chanels, it's also a no-brainer for those to whom it appeals: spray it on, walk out the door - what day it is matters not. Bravo.
06th April, 2021
From its launch on, it seems to be everybody's favourite. As you can't go wrong by buying it or even wearing it.
The words "Never trust a pink perfume!" keep echoing in my mind every time I sniff it. I don't remember where or when I heard this. But it sure holds true...
14th February, 2021
This has grown on me. I'll leave the original review below, but my opinion has changed. Chanel fragrances always seem to do this. I always start by thinking, "It's a quality fragrance, it's just not my thing." But then something funny happens. I keep coming back for another whiff... then another... and another... and another... until I eventually admit that I'm never going to stop wanting another whiff, and I should probably just buy it because apparently I love it. LOL I still find Coco Mademoiselle a little too pretty for my tastes, but I remembered that I've got an Aveda hair product I never wear because the patchouli-based scent is too ugly. Too pretty + too ugly = just right :)

Original review: I found this underwhelming. Don't get me wrong, it's a perfectly pleasant fragrance. It's well balanced with a nuanced composition. It's just... kind of... boring. To be fair, this is the THIRD Oriental Floral with similar accords (citrus/rose/patchouli/vanilla) that I've tried this week! Based on the release dates, it seems like Coco Mademoiselle is what started this trend, and the one that everyone is trying to mimic. I'd say it deserves the flattery. None of the others I've tried have come close to capturing the quality of Coco Mademoiselle. Its sillage and longevity are off the charts, but it's nuanced and complex enough that it never feels cloying. It's just too pretty for my tastes. I like a little bit of ugly in my fragrances :)
13th January, 2021 (last edited: 14th January, 2021)
Half asleep flying home from a business meeting I got this wonderful whiff everytime one off the stewardesses passed me. Just had to ask here what she wore. Promptly ordered a bottle for the missus and I just hope it’ll be as good on her as it was on that stewardess.

A true Chanel. Classy and well put together.

06th October, 2019
Bitter, tangy citrus to start. Moments later it becomes a bit sweeter. Then, some floral notes appear. Seems rather "mainstream" in its profile so far.
It's pretty thus far - just not my style.
None of the heart notes scream louder than the others - there is that. They are muted, but nicely mixed.
Patchouli moves in rather quickly.
Turns more floral with an amber accord sweetness - vanilla-esque. A vague 70's musk. This was maybe designed for the modern 20-something crowd?
In my youth, I may have been all over this scent, if I could've afforded it. Bits of vetiver, jasmine, and other "pretty" notes take over. Tomboy as I am now mostly, I wouldn't wear this with any frequency. However, I do think it's pretty. Safe.
I'm rambling. Kiera Knightly, come save me!
27th August, 2019
Coco Mademoiselle - Chanel
A very Chanel-unworthy perfume that smells like a tiredsome excercise to impress young women with something that radiates quality because it reads Chanel on the label but in fact smells very mediocre. Almost if it was made by an old grumpy free-lance perfumer who is out on ideas and hates to work on monday-mornings.
03rd July, 2019