Chloé Narcisse (1992)

Parent Company at launchUnilever > Elizabeth Arden > Parfums International

About Chloé Narcisse

Chloé Narcisse is a feminine perfume by Chloé. The scent was launched in 1992

Reviews of Chloé Narcisse

Cheap and synthetic fruity floral with green apple and blackcurrent bud and a sort of spicy cake smell. Tacky and fake but somehow compulsive. A nose worm.

Bottle, no box
28th November, 2019
(I would give this fragrance 4.5 stars if possible, and I definitely would repurchase it if I used up my bottle, and I cannot say that about many of the fragrances in my collection!)

Narcotic Narcisse

I have read many reviews of this fragrance, and the reviews seemed to suggest that it is either a love it or hate it fragrance. I am firmly in the LOVE IT!!! camp after blindly purchasing the EdT, which is as strong as many have suggested. Performance is excellent.

I am unable to pick out all of the notes, but it is sweet, warm, and heady. In short, it is gorgeous and quite addictive. The effect is positively narcotic. I could not be more happy that I added this beauty to my collection.

I feel it is more feminine than unisex. It is more of an evening than a day time fragrance, and more suited to leisure time than to the workday. It is also probably best worn in Autumn and Winter because it is so lush and deep. The scent feels as though it slowly drips like thick, viscous, wild honey made by the bees from the best, most luxurious flowers in existence! I felt it was a fairly safe blind buy for myself, but if you are unsure about the notes, and the reviews worry you, then by all means test before you buy.

Personally, I feel it is one of the most intoxicating, seductive, and utterly delicious fragrances I have smelt in a very long while. Woo-hoo! ;)

Fragrance: 9.5/10
Sillage: 7.5/10
Projection: 7/10
Longevity: 7/10
11th October, 2019
I recently purchased a 50ml EDP in the purple box and it is more like the Narcisse I remember from the 90's.
The Narcisse that you can buy with spare change at chemists or department stores has a plasticky tone that can singe the inside of your nostrils when you first spray. After half an hour it calms down but it can be challenging and for everyone else in a 1 metre radius to cope with till then.
The EDP seems to be just as strong but not as offensive or synthetic. It seems, (to my nose) settle and begin the lovely dry down to a base which is lovely, creamy and truly nuzzle worthy.
Although I have just bought this bottle of EDP, I am thinking I am going to buy another and stash in my cupboard. I have a feeling this EDP may be one of the fragrances that I will be missing, unable to find in a few years and not easily replaceable.
05th April, 2014
My signature scent. I've PROACTIVELY TRIED to find another perfume which smells as alluring and flat out "delicious" on me, and I've not succeeded. I like Michael Kors, Michael - nice floral, woodsy drydown, but it doesn't LAST! And I find myself longing for the aroma of my Narcisse. Beautiful, rich floral (do NOT overdo it! I buy the minis - and literally a few body dabs does the trick for the entire day). Floral, spicy, with an attracting force of its own.
11th March, 2013
I'm trying to think of the exact feeling this scent gives me - there's nostalgia there, and romance - but only when I'm in the right mood. Otherwise this is headache inducing and way too heavy.

On a certain day (or night), in a certain mood, a couple of spritzes will transport me to a distinctly playful and sentimental frame of being. Any more than that or other time than that and I want to scrape the sugary vanilla right off my skin. Bizarre...
11th September, 2012
Just experienced this today from an ancient mini I came across. I find it to be much more a spice based scent than floral...let's say spicy floriental. It's like a sweeter version of KL (both Lagerfeld if I'm not mistaken). It is strong and long lasting, so only the eensiest bit is needed to avoid suffocation, for the wearer especially. It is an excellently done fragrance; very rich and intoxicating if you like that sort of thing. Probably better in cooler weather. I give it an 8.5 out of 10.
08th September, 2012