Happy (1997)

PerfumerJean-Claude Delville
PerfumerRodrigo Flores-Roux
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Happy

Happy is a feminine perfume by Clinique. The scent was launched in 1997 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Rodrigo Flores-Roux and Jean-Claude Delville

Reviews of Happy

i've loved this fragrance since i was just a kid and my mom would bring samples home from work. it's so bright, citrusy, and tropical and really smells like happy childhood memories for me. i hope to wear it as a summer fragrance for many years to come.
16th December, 2020
Clinique's answer to CK One.
The same kind of thing but
less bright, more orange
and not so good.

Carded vial
20th June, 2020
A pleasant citrus-floral perfume from Clinique.

Like it's male counterpart also by Clinique, Happy has a bright, white floral quality that is colored by citrus peel elements from the red grapefruit and bergamot. Happy is a rather clean, uplifting perfume with a slightly pungent edge that warms it down ever so slightly. I can barely recognize the individual notes from the dizzying array swimming around in Happy, save for lily, magnolia, orchid, laurel, and the Hawaiian flower.

Very similar to Estee Lauder's Pleasures perfume, as far as the bright white flower thing. Happy, fortunately, is not nearly as sheer as Pleasures, having IMO more depth and seems a bit more accessible for ladies of various ages (unless bright white floral fragrances don't appeal to them). Nonetheless, a decent perfume that, when applied with discretion, will leave a pleasant trail.
06th February, 2019
I like it a lot in the bottle. On me? It's too bright, too optimistic, too friendly. But I used to love to spray it around the room for something sunshine-y and citrus-y.

Would be a fine scent for younger girls, I think. There is nothing sensual, nothing coy, and nothing deep about it, but that's okay. It smells good and it's clean and fresh.
07th July, 2016
Kind of watery, kind of fuzzy, kind of bright floral scent with a citrus undercurrent. AS much as I want to believe 'high altitude laurel' adds much dimension to the composition, Happy is a fairly straightforward thing and will neither shock nor dismay anyone. It is an orange-tinted fairweather day. It simply exists.
17th December, 2015
This is a really nice, pleasant, light, clean, fresh and airy scent. My favorite thing about it is probably the delicious, tangy, juicy citrus notes that I can smell when I first spray this perfume on. That scent really and truly does lift my spirits if I'm feeling slightly down. Today is actually a very cold, grey, wet and dreary fall day, and I just spritzed some of this scent on, and it immediately picked me up, and inspired me to write a nice, glowing review! :) So, yes, I would say this fragrance really does live up to it's name, and will probably make you feel happy while you are wearing it too!
Also, although the citrus top notes probably are my favorite part of this scent, I have to say that I also definitely love the watery-sweet floral heart and base notes that mainly make up this fragrance as it dries down. Overall, it is just a very delicate, sparkling, bright feminine fruity-floral that makes you feel good. It's great for everyday wear and every possible occasion as it is never a strong or overpowering fragrance, and I would say it's also very appropriate to wear to a restaurant, as it's very compatible with food and wine, and doesn't overpower other smells.
28th October, 2015

Add your review of Happy

Shop for Happy products online

Shop for Happy at online perfumeries

Search on ebay