Pleasures (1995)

PerfumerAnnie Buzantian
PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Pleasures

Pleasures is a feminine perfume by Estée Lauder. The scent was launched in 1995 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Annie Buzantian. The bottle was designed by Pierre Dinand

Pleasures fragrance notes

Reviews of Pleasures

a very easy to wear fresh white florals/Peony, another summer staple for me, for those days when I am not in the mode for anything overpowering or statement, just a nice scent, blue jeans, white crisp button-down shirt, and camel/gold accessories.
07th September, 2020
Pleasures; a halfway house between the eighties fluorescent rose and peony, that most censorial of flowers. And underlying that, bitter brown woody burnt sugar.

As much the nineties in its own way as l'Eau d'Issey and the aquatics, but with more character.

***

Vintage carded sample
20th August, 2019
What a surprise this was. Apparently I missed the buzz about it. I wasn’t expecting soap - cool, clean, green-floral soap. But beyond that, a detergent powder feel, that sparky, up-your-nose reaction. I then read some reviews, as the functional fragrance cross-over was confusing me, and found that, yes, this was the first fragrance in the 90’s to use soap as its theme. A new musk with a high, sparky quality that crossed with florals to create a soapy note, allowed the making of a ‘clean’ fragrance.
After living through the 80’s, I understand the craving for palate-cleansing fragrances then, to chase all that oriental perfume goo away. It must have been very refreshing. I missed all that, so am wondering how it works for me in the 2000teens. It doesn’t smell half bad, really, and I get it if someone wants to extend that clean soapy vibe all day long. But most who love it, talk about its fantastic floral component, and I don’t really get that. Both lily and peony have always smelled artificial on me, so there’s no help to be had from them. Ultimately, though inoffensive, it ends up smelling too much like powdered clothes detergent to me. I’m tempted to put it in my laundry rinse and see how it works as a rinsing agent scent.
15th March, 2019 (last edited: 22nd July, 2019)
My oh my, Pleasures is a very bright floral perfume with a classic vibe to it. Very simple, soap-like airiness that - like the bottle color - says "white" fragrance.

The nature of this flower-heavy perfume makes it easy to overapply and become headache inducing. There's a sharp accord (lily? peony?) that even resembles certain bathroom air spray varieties - again, becoming more pronounced with heavier spray-ons.

Otherwise, Pleasures is a really fragrant, beautiful, and mature white flower garden that should be tried before buying.
06th February, 2019
Ah this itchy rose note. I always associate it with lemongrass and mosquito repellent, and i can’t stand it or get over it here. Potent fragrance.
01st December, 2018
I actually forgot I used to own this. It's pretty, subtle, gentle, quiet, soft spoken, timid ... and ultimately forgettable. Meh.
10th September, 2017

Add your review of Pleasures

Shop for Pleasures products online

Shop for Pleasures at online perfumeries

Search on eBay