Hot Couture (2000)

PerfumerJacques Cavallier
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Hot Couture

Hot Couture is a feminine perfume by Givenchy. The scent was launched in 2000 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Cavallier

Hot Couture fragrance notes

Reviews of Hot Couture

rbaker Show all reviews
From the very first moment until deep into the drydown, the dyad of pepper and vetiver dominates this product's olfactory development.

Initially a berry-fruity undertone is present, which is not that strong on my skin and not realy domineering. Later on, a white floral component is emerging as one of the heart notes, part magnolia, partly with a whiff of hyacinth.

The base adds an ambery tone that is noteworthy, and like this composition as a whole is has a certain sweetness to it, but this is never intrusive or cloying - a pleasant and balanced sweetness.

The sillage is moderate, the projection very good and the longevity nine hours on my skin.

This spring creation for cooler days might not be particularly original in its conceptualisation, but the adept use of pepper as well as its smooth blending makes this quite a satisfactory experience. 3.5/5.
05th April, 2017
Salutation.

Magical moments when desire takes over.HOT COUTURE is a nice combination of sex and love that has both touches of wickedness and of magical love potions.It is sinfully delicious and strictly reserved for evenings. Sweet,Voluptuous,Captivating, Strong,Intriguing,Addictive and Feminine.

This fresh yet warm fragrance is made of a tantalizing recipe including notes of raspberry, orange,pepper and vetiver.this lovely combination underscored by hot musk and sweet amber at the base notes and the result is a passionate and sophisticated perfume that intrigues,attracts and casts a spell.

This scent evoking images of flirty evenings in a cosmopolitan bar.The base notes are lighter than top and middle notes.HOT COUTURE is not for the faint-hearted and i highly recommend this to any women who want to make an impression.This EDP makes young women seem more sophisticated. versatile enough to wear any season.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?Very Good on my skin.

24th May, 2015
A Christmas gift from my husband a couple of years ago. It's so sweet of him to want to buy me perfume, but I really wish he wouldn't. My tastes are too particular. There's just something very main stream and uninteresting about this. To my nose, it's not a mature scent at all. I find it to be a very young scent, teeny bopper even!
28th November, 2012
I'm very disappointed with Hot Couture. The opening is vile, like someone just opened a pair of long dusty curtains and that musty, mildewy smell fills the room. The middle (I persevered!) is simply raspberry. Nothing else. And then it ends. No musk, no amber, no sandalwood.
So the opening is disgusting, the middle is boring and the base doesn't exist.

I'm glad it works better for most of you than it has on me, I'm ditching this bottle.
22nd March, 2012
I'm surprised at the reviewers stating this is better suited for a "more mature" woman to wear. This is the first "serious" fragrance I bought at the age of 18 when it came out. Yes it is sophisticated, but the raspberry makes for a little playfulness. On myself I could smell pepper, smoke, and of course raspberry the most. I find it to be very unique and overall modern. It is warm without being sweet, it can be almost tart at first but it is extremely well-rounded.
22nd December, 2011
I really liked this perfume when I sprayed it on myself from a tester bottle in a local drug store. It has a really nice, warm, enveloping and soft vanilla smell that I find very pleasant and appealing. Unfortunately, though, I think I still don't come across as being "mature" or sophisticated enough to wear this fragrance. I walked by a couple of guys at the mall (with the perfume still on me and very noticeable) and I distinctly heard one of them say: "Oh wow! There's nothing like a sixty-year old YOUNG woman!"
So, alas, I fear this particular perfume doesn't really suit me. Maybe I'll wear it when I'm older, LOL! (For reference, I'm 31.)
18th November, 2011