Alix (1982)

About Alix

Alix is a feminine perfume by Grès. The scent was launched in 1982

Alix fragrance notes

Reviews of Alix

Alix is a great classic uncompromisingly feminine, old fashioned, vaguely stuffy and supremely floral. A classic formula performed (each time with faint variations) by many creators and perfumers. Quite familiar (it smells close to one of my mum's old perfumes from the past). Olfactory connections and scents jumping on mind: Caron Fleurs de Rocaille (on my skin it smells exactly the same or really close), some Patou (1000, Joy?), Ysl Paris (which smells more aldehydic on my skin), Guy Laroche Fidji or perhaps Beverly Hills Gale Hayman woman (vaguely V&A First which smells rootier and less floral on me). I detect a classic initial presence of aldehydes, bergamot, a touch of grass (or galbanum) and leafy/bitter floral notes (as magnolia, lilac or gardenia), a central stage intensely floral (may bè with lily of the valley, rose, narcissus, gardenia, ylang-ylang and jasmine) and a classic musky base enriched by amber and woods. Along dry down it seems to detect hints of fur or suede, benzoin (or tonka, may bè a touch of heliotrope) and a tad of resins. Persinstence is faint on my skin but the aroma is glorious.
16th April, 2020 (last edited: 17th April, 2020)
I found one of those pre-pressurized bottles from the 1980's, and I think the contents were in pretty good condition. Anyway, it still smelled great!

After the initial green blast and similarities to Cabochard subsided, what remained was a bold, soapy and somewhat spicy floral. Actually, I was mislead a bit by the first few minutes, which I liked a lot... but the drydown was very different.

Although Palomar54 felt Alix Gres was a fruity floral, that style tends to be so overtly fruity nowadays, some vintage fragrance hounds might inadvertently be mislead. But make no mistake... the wrap-up like Ivoire with hints of Opium. I am tempted to say Krizia's Teatro Alla Scala, but sadly I don't have a reference good sample to compare.

But you get the picture. This is a big fragrance of the old school style.
31st October, 2013
A light fruity floral somewhat similar to Carven's Guirlandes, another perfume introduced in 1982. The top has a bit of appealing greenness, but eventually the dry smoky basenotes reminded me too much of Cabochard, which is not one of my favorites, despite its classic status!
29th October, 2005

Add your review of Alix

Shop for Alix products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Alix

There are no member images of Alix yet. Why not be the first?