Classique Eau de Toilette / Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (1993)
by Jean Paul Gaultier

Classique Eau de Toilette / Jean Paul Gaultier Classique information

Year of Launch1993

HouseJean Paul Gaultier
PerfumerJacques Cavallier
SupplierFirmenich
Parent Company at launchShiseido > Beaute Prestige International

About Classique Eau de Toilette / Jean Paul Gaultier Classique

Celebrating its tenth birthday in 2003, "Classique" is a floral oriental housed in a bottle of feminine form. The classic but non-conformist scent was inspired by memories of childhood.  In addition to the above, the parfum contains notes of daffodil.

Classique Eau de Toilette / Jean Paul Gaultier Classique fragrance notes

Reviews of Classique Eau de Toilette / Jean Paul Gaultier Classique

I see some fellow reviewers find this to be a heavy scent. I find it lighter. I find it so easy to wear and perfect for any occasion. I would wear this in a corporate setting or to the park on a day off. I would wear this as a night time scent. This scent is easy to pull off. it's not offensive in any way and I find it to be slight powdery which I enjoy. On days when I can't decide what to wear I reach for this. It evolves well for any season. Is light enough for hot days but most definitely sits well in colder weather.

I purchased this for a scent memory as a friend of mine in college wore this in the late 90s. It brought back no memories. Not sure if it's been reformulated or if just didn't remind me. I don't think you can go wrong with this scent.
22nd July, 2020
I just tried the airport exclusive version. It’s similar to the classic, only with a more ‘bright gourmand’ side, which makes it a bit lighter and more suited for summer. It has the same vintage feel. Very agreeable.
31st May, 2018
Absolutely gorgeous. I would wear it more often, but everyone else seems to be wearing it too.
07th June, 2017
A very confident fragrance. Not too feminine. A floriental for summer evenings. It's nutty, creamy, slightly heavy, and alluring. One of my favorites.
27th May, 2017
rbaker Show all reviews
Rose, anise, orange and all this with a fruity undertone of ripe peaches - a rich and satisfying opening reminiscent of visits to an old-fashioned pâtisserie. The fruitiness continues into the drydown, with imoressions of prunes and ginger mingling with a pleasant floral sidekick - mainly iris-based.

A rather nice scent so far, which loses in richbess and originality in the base, where On my skin it mainly emanates generic expressions of vanilla and white musk - a finale that is a tad disappointing after such a good start.

As far as the performance goes, I get strong sillage, good projection and seven hours of longevity. Good, in other words.

This scent for cooler spring days is letting me down towards the end, but otherwise it is overall deserving of a positive score, albeit just by the skin of its teeth. It is richer than many other scents and -
ignoring the end phase - lacks any major thinness, wateriness or superficiality. 3/5
22nd July, 2015
Oviatt Show all reviews
A rich floriental with a star anise edge, this is sexy yet ladylike, new and yet old fashioned. Classique is a heavy scent, rather formal and evocative of the days when ladies wore the rigid foundation garments and garters represented on the bottle. But wait, this is not your grandmother's scent, womanly though it is--this is Gaultier at his best, with a wink and a nod to the past but with a kinky boot firmly planted in the here and now. You can tell that his heart and soul went into this one. Probably a love it or hate it scent, I think that it is much less polarizing than Le Male. Classique has a wonderful, musky dry down that is really beautiful and reminds me of many of the great French classics. Like Le Male, this has brilliant packaging and marketing and seems to be going strong all these years and multiple flankers later!
03rd June, 2015

Add your review of Classique Eau de Toilette / Jean Paul Gaultier Classique

Shop for Classique Eau de Toilette / Jean Paul Gaultier Classique products online

Shop for Classique Eau de Toilette / Jean Paul Gaultier Classique at online perfumeries

Search on eBay