Jovan Musk for Women (1972)
by Jovan

Jovan Musk for Women information

Year of Launch1972

HouseJovan
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Beauty
Parent Company at launchJovan

About Jovan Musk for Women

Jovan Musk for Women is a feminine perfume by Jovan. The scent was launched in 1972

Jovan Musk for Women fragrance notes

Reviews of Jovan Musk for Women

Nice sweet, warm, "wrap up in a sweater sit down with a good book"scent. I am not generally a musk fan, and have to say I appreciate it much more in the dry-down. May try White Musk if I find a bottle somewhere cheap.
30th November, 2020
Donnal Show all reviews
Why haven't I worn this before!!! This is one amazing musk. I bought an old bottle from the 70s and POW. I never wore it back then. I layered it with a good ylang ylang and it does resemble #5 I want to try the oil so I just ordered some from ebay. This scent makes me happy. I know for sure this is not a synthetic musk, but what musk did they use? beaver? civet? anyone know?
15th November, 2018
I bought this blind on a quest for an everyday musk I enjoy and find wearable, being unable to tolerate Body Shop White Musk because it has strong associations with a particular person for me. I have the Musk Oil EDT version, which apparently lacks the loud top notes present in the mens' and womens' EDCs. The opening blast is cheap alcohol over something sickly, but it fades fast into musk; it's that particular type of musk that has a distinct soapy edge about it, which alas is not wat I was hoping for. Essentially this is a bog standard "laundry" musk, and on myself I find it synthetic and pretty bland. Prada Amber Pour Homme is a nicer and slightly more detailed take on the genre.
14th December, 2017
I used to wear this a lot in the mid-to-late 80s, and loved it. I found a bottle going cheap, so for old times sake, I picked it up. It seems a bit weaker than I remember the version I had way back when seemed a bit heavier on the musk and the staying power seemed to be better as well. That said, it could just be that its one of those scents that you think has disappeared, but seems to bloom whenever your body warms up a bit. Ill feel like its gone, then go outside in the sun for a bit, and the scent drifts up. This is a very soft, floral musk, pretty and clean-smelling. I remember this being marketed as a totally sexy scent, which amused me it never struck me as being particularly sexy then (nor does it now), it was just a lovely soft musky scent. Certainly not the big, bad, man-slayer, totally-irresistible, reeling-them-in-in-droves and beating-them-off-with-a-stick fragrance it was marketed as. This is a great one for layering though Ive been having a lot of fun experimenting with this. It works with spicy (Tabu), chypre floral (Aromatics Elixir) and oriental vanilla (Serendipitous, Vanille and Love, Hope, Denim).
08th October, 2016
nice, clean fragrance! Doesn't give me a headache or allergic reaction. Very comfortable and wearable.
22nd July, 2014
Old Reliable !!! Same formula, affordable,stable.Doesn't smell cheap or I would have to scrub it off. Smells the same on everyone.Simple, clean,the only "cheap" perfume I can wear.I travel with it, not a disaster if it leaks.

23rd April, 2014