Bois Farine (2003)

PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group
Parent Company at launchFox Paine & Company > Cradle Holdings

About Bois Farine

Bois Farine is a shared / unisex perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 2003 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena

Bois Farine fragrance notes

Reviews of Bois Farine

It's smells exactly like undercooked dough. Linear apart from the fresh opening which is marred by the dough smell. Projection and longevity is poor. If that is what you want to smell of then this is would be stellar if it performed. I don't.
06th February, 2021
rbaker Show all reviews
The opening is straight for the baker’s (not me!) oven: creamy freshly baked cookies with fennel seeds, sweet almonds and nuts. Lovely.

The drydown evolves around a few iris, a green and slightly powdery iris impression that moderates the initial sweetness. A lovely bright iris that lacks any fustiness.

The basenis woods galore: cedar mainly, but Ali’s sone sandal and guaiac, with a benzoin that gradually fades into the background.

I get moderate sillage, good projection, and eight hours of longevity on my skin.

An agreeable spring scent slightly on the gourmand side initially, but the later phases are a bit too anaemic and generic. Overall 2.75/5

21st October, 2020
Rehearsal in the Studio by edgar degas 1878
17th March, 2020
This bready iris
For all, reminder, thankful
That one, the non blonde.

Thus in her footsteps
Seeking first to understand
I understood it.

Flower becomes bread
And yet bread becomes flower
Savor mystery.
28th November, 2019
I entered a shop selling the whole Artisan Parfumeur collection because I love their amber fragrances and saw the much-envied terra-cotta balls. I wanted to let someone I love smell some things of the collection, but then the name attracted me. I tried this one on first, and last. I told the seller I’d smell it all night and probably would come back the day after to buy it, but simultaneously I was already addicted by its roasted nuts smell and gave her my credit card. Just have all my money, Bois Farine, no question asked. I’ve been buying memories.
01st February, 2019
The opening of Bois Fariné definitely reminds me of some bread or cakes that I smelt before. I don't think it smells like peanut butter or nutella on me. I just can't put my finger on it! (What on earth is it? It's driving me crazy! Grrrrrr....... =A=)

After about 3 or 4 hours, the benzoin loses its power on the fragrance. The sandalwoods and other woodsy notes become more prominent. The scent also turns slightly sour on me. The powdery aspect is noticeable but not aggressive.

The sillage is soft but the scent stays solid along the wearing. The longevity is around 6 hours on me. Actually, Bois Fariné doesn't evoke much emotion to me. I'm attracted by the scent itself as it smells just so interesting and addictive. It definitely worths at least a try!
08th January, 2019

Add your review of Bois Farine

Member images of Bois Farine

There are no member images of Bois Farine yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]