Capricci (1961)

PerfumerMarcel Carles
PackagingMarc Lalique
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About Capricci

Capricci is a feminine perfume by Nina Ricci. The scent was launched in 1961 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Marcel Carles. The bottle was designed by Marc Lalique

Reviews of Capricci

I was excited to try this classic floral chypre, so I picked up a small bottle of vintage EdT. Unfortunately the florals are obscured by an overdose of soapy aldehydes. I don't like aldehydes much, certainly not as a dominant accord, so my experience was ruined. Not my thing at all.
03rd February, 2015
This is also one of my favorites-light, but distinctive..very classy. People will notice this...in a good way!

Beautiful..beyond description

Revisiting this today...am wearing the parfum spray and it is HEAVENLY!!! Light and rich at the same time..smells expensive
11th February, 2010 (last edited: 08th December, 2019)
My all-time fav. I discovered it in the late '60s or early '70s at the sumptuous cosmetics counter at San Francisco's uber elegent I. Magnin. I don't smell rose, but I think the rose acts as a base for this frag, captures its additional notes (Bergamot oil, Blossom-calyx Note, Leafy Green, Hyacinth, Jasmine, Lily of the Valley, Narcissus, Orris, Rose, Tuberose, Ylang-Ylang, Benzoin, Moss, Musk, Sandal, Vetiver) and morphs them into a capricci of fleeting effervescent elegence, mystic, complex sophistication, and playfulness. Yep. I love this stuff.
09th October, 2006
This seems to be one of the fastest fading perfumes I own. Even my favorite Nina Ricci 'L'Air du Temps' doesn't fade this fast. When I wear perfume I want others to actually smell it. The nicest note on my skin is Rose. Vintage Victorian spice rose to be exact then after drydown a touch of spice and greenery. It has HG written on it if it was stronger especially the vintage rose and spice- the green notes should stay the same IMO. The bottle is lovely too, but I wish it had a glass rose stopper instead of a plastic one. I won't repurchase because of the lasting power.
13th February, 2006

Add your review of Capricci

Shop for Capricci products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Capricci

Perfumes launched in the same year as Capricci (1961)