Detchéma (1953)

About Detchéma

Reorchestrated in 1994

Detchéma fragrance notes

Reviews of Detchéma

Starts as one of those old-school, heavy perfumes. Darkish. Drunken fruit. All becomes a smoldering floral, in the heart. Still remains old-fashioned. More of an evening floral - maybe to be reserved for cooler months, as well. The only "bad" part of this perfumes is that, it smells similar to others from this era, with one notable difference - the base notes almost reflect a more modern niche feel. I've had this scent before, in a miniature, back in the 80s. I don't remember how it smelled back then. My current mini is from a modern time, which I find delightful.

The iris and musk in the base are dry, not too earthy, with added touches of sandalwood, make this seem like orris root accord.

Starts out routine, almost common - ends up modern and mellow. Thumbs up.
10th April, 2020
Smells lovely; kind of like Nina Ricci's Capricci, only, slightly less powdery. Classy
12th June, 2016
This scent garners me compliments every time I wear it, and questions about the name and where to buy it. Even though some say that this is a dated scent, at least I don't smell like a cookie or a freshly mowed lawn. It does not overpower, rather one must be close to smell it. Very feminine and powdery, but it never smells sharp and acidic. I keep trying to find a modern scent that is similar, but I have not succeeded. My perfume wardrobe is definitely outdated. Lately, I've worn Candy by Prada and B by Balanciaga but nothing seems to suit my own body scent like Detchema. Any suggestions?
25th February, 2015
I probably first wore the early 1970's reformulation. I have an odd body chemistry, on which many perfumes smell like what I think of as "elderly woman on a bus." This stayed for many years, although of course it changed over them, a lovely, complex combination of carnation, orris, and perhaps musk, with an evolution into wood. I have worn it for years, but it has become less and less like the original, and to me, less complex. It has good longevity and sillage, but remains elegant and multi-functional. I love it, but not as it was when I discovered it.
10th January, 2014
A lady I knew who wore Detchéma extremely well once told me this perfume was meant to be worn with furs. As a matter of fact, up until well into the 80's, French adverts showed very glamourous women in furs holding a bottle of Detchéma. The reason is very obvious: Révillon was first and foremost a fur company! With or without furs, I really love Detchéma. The aldehydes give it a slight plastic-like overtone at first but once the dry-down process begins, the rich floral and woody notes take over. Detchéma is classy, feminine and very dressy. It is a warm and somewhat heady fragrance. I certainly would not recommend it for hot summer days or mere casual occasions. The olfactive pyramid I found in the Internet is very complete:

Top notes: Lime blossom, neroli, bergamot, and peach
Heart notes : Rose, jasmine, ylang-ylang, hyacinth, lily of the valley and carnation
Base notes: Orris, sandalwood, tonka, musk and vetiver.

However, it has very little to do with the one I found in my 1981-1982 7e Dictionnaire des parfums et des lignes pour hommes: Jasmine from Grasse, daffodil, rose from the Orient, lilly, sycamore, angelica, iris from Florence. There is one thing for sure: Jasmine is very present in Detchéma but in a very good way. I usually don't care much for jasmine but when it is used wisely, it can be wonderful.
21st November, 2011
A Sixties throwback powdery aldehyde scent that, though beautiful, hides in the shadow of the great No. 5 by Chanel. Yes this is jasmine resting on a woody base -- but really -- why opt for this when the sublime rose-jasmine Chanel counterpart beckons.

01st September, 2011

Add your review of Detchéma

Shop for Detchéma products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Detchéma

There are no member images of Detchéma yet. Why not be the first?